Houston has the fourth most people of any city in the United States, per the City of Houston, and the city’s many moving parts may present dangers that result in serious injuries. The City of Houston points out some of the hazards that could contribute to a significant injury, such as:
- Heavy rainfall or flooding
- Extreme temperature
- Snow and icy conditions, which occur from time to time in Houston
- Public health threats
- Man-made hazards
Each of these hazards could conceivably lead to a serious injury involving negligence, as could a countless array of threats to your health not listed above. If you or your loved one suffered an injury in the Houston metropolitan area, then you may consider reaching out to our team to discuss working with a Houston personal injury lawyer.
Call our team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 800-777-7777 for a free consultation.
An Injury Can Leave You Reeling
When you suffer a significant injury, you may find yourself in unfamiliar circumstances and faced with obstacles you have never encountered before. A serious injury may:
- Confine you to a hospital, or to your own bed, for an indefinite period of time
- Prevent you from working for a substantial period of time, which may cause you to lose your job
- Disable you for a long period of time, or permanently
- Change your body or mind in ways that prevent you from working in the profession that you held before your injury
- Cost you thousands of dollars in the form of medical bills and other expenses
- Alter your life in fundamental ways
Facing the realities of a serious injury can be daunting (or even terrifying), and you do not need to take on the losses from your injury alone. A lawyer may be able to provide you the reassurance that:
- You are not the first person to be seriously injured, and your circumstances can and will get better
- You have a lawyer on your side and you may be able to obtain financial coverage for the losses that you have suffered, as well as losses you could incur in the future
- There is a path to justice for your injury
Houstonians are known for their resilience. While a serious injury can be devastating in many ways, your injury may serve as the catalyst for your fight for justice. A Houston personal injury lawyer will fight alongside you for the compensation that you deserve.
All Practice Areas we serve in Houston
- Brain Injuries
- Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accidents
- Catastrophic Injuries
- DWI Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Wrongful Deaths
- Medical Malpractice
- Dangerous Drug
- Car Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Dog Bite
- Oilfield Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Truck Accidents
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Houston, call 800-777-7777
We Can Help Victims of All Kinds of Personal Injury Accidents
There are several categories of injury that fall with the somewhat-broad term “personal injury”. Some of the accident types that could involve negligence—and may warrant you bringing a personal injury lawsuit—are:
- Motor vehicle accidents (including truck accidents and motorcycle accidents)
- Accidents involving a drunk driver
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Trip and fall accidents
- Workplace accidents, including those that happen in an oil field or on an oil rig
- Accidents caused by dangerous premises, including one with negligent security
- Accidents that occur on a construction site
- Accidents that result in a wrongful death
Whether or not the above list includes the type of accident that caused you or your loved one’s injury, we want to hear from you. Our team can help injured parties or loved ones who’ve lost someone. Call our team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 800-777-7777 so that we can assess your case and answer your questions at no cost.
Houston Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 800-777-7777
A Personal Injury Lawyer Will Fight for You
When you suffer a serious injury, it does not necessarily matter whether you are the main or sole income provider for a family or you support only yourself—if somebody was negligent and caused your injury as a result, then you deserve justice.
You may decide that you want to have a lawyer by your side to provide advice, answer your questions, and handle the legal aspects of bringing a personal injury lawsuit. You can expect your lawyer to:
- Assess your case and advise you as to whether you have grounds for a lawsuit
- Collect any evidence in your possession that pertains to your accident, injury, and lawsuit
- Rely on investigative professionals to acquire any additional evidence that you do not have in your possession
- File your lawsuit in the right court (and before the statute of limitations imposed by Sec. 16.001 of the Civil Practice and Remedies Code expires) and handle all of your legal needs through the completion of your case
- Negotiate a settlement or argue your case at trial
- Calculate and argue for the compensation to which you may be entitled
- Defend your rights
One aspect of your personal injury lawsuit may be proving that one or more defendants named in your case acted negligently, and in doing so caused or contributed to your injuries. Your lawyer may attempt to prove this by:
- Citing the defendants’ duty of care to you: Having a duty of care may generally mean that people must act in ways that prevent others from unreasonable risk of harm.
- Showing that the defendant breached their duty of care to you: If you were in a car accident, a breach of duty of care could include driving while drunk, but the breach of duty of care may look different in each individual lawsuit.
- Establishing causation between the breach of duty of care and your injuries: Showing the linear sequence between the actions of the defendant and your injuries is sometimes referred to as proving causation.
- Calculating the compensation that you should be awarded: This calculation may be based on your losses to date, as well as projected future losses stemming from your injuries.
If your lawyer presents a winning case or negotiates a settlement, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses. Your compensation may include damages for:
- Healthcare costs
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Medical expenses
- Diminished earning capacity
- Any other losses you have suffered because of a defendant’s negligence
Click to contact our Personal Injury Lawyers today
Call Our Team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today
Loncar Lyon Jenkins have been representing Texans since 1988. We will assess your case if you have suffered an injury and are considering pursuing compensation with the help of a Houston personal injury lawyer. Call in the Strong Arm to assist your case by calling our team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 800-777-7777.