If a faulty product injured you or someone you love, you might be entitled to seek damages for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
A product liability claim lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help you pursue damages for your injuries as you hold the negligent manufacturers responsible. We can handle every part of your case for you, from determining the liable party to negotiating a settlement with the insurance company. We can fight for the best possible outcome for your case while you focus on your recovery from your injuries.
Damages You Can Seek in a Product Liability Case
An injury can leave you with a range of costs and losses. You can recover two main types of damages when you pursue a product liability case: economic damages and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are meant to compensate you for your financial losses due to your accident and injuries. These include your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. If your injuries prevent you from working in the future, you can also pursue damages for your lost earning potential.
Your medical bills can include things like:
- Your doctors’ visits
- Specialists’ visits
- Hospital visits
- Physical therapy
- Psychological counseling
- Prescription costs
If your injuries resulted in a chronic condition or failed to fully heal, then you can also seek damages for the medical bills you will have in the future as you manage your health.
Non-economic damages cover your mental, emotional, and physical pain. Injuries can permanently change your life. The time, energy, and happiness that an injury takes from your life deserve compensation, and your product liability claim lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins understands this.
This is why we will fight for a fair, comprehensive financial award, considering your tangible and intangible losses. To learn more about what kinds of damages you could expect from pursuing a personal injury lawsuit, contact Loncar Lyon Jenkins for a free consultation.
Types of Product Liability Claims We Can Help You Sue For
Although a wide range of products can be dangerously defective, here are some of the more common types of product liability claims we see in our practice:
- Medical devices: Defective medical devices such as hernia mesh can cause serious injury or even death. You can find a list of all recalled medical devices on the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Auto parts: Defective auto parts can make a vehicle dangerous to the occupants and everyone else on the road.
- Furniture: Tippable furniture can cause serious injury and even death, especially to children.
- Medication: Unsafe medications can cause health conditions and lead to death. You can find a list of recalled medications on the FDA’s website.
Product Defects You Can Include in Your Claim
Product defects may be related to some of the following factors:
- Defective designs: If the design of the product itself is flawed, then it is not safe, no matter the care put into manufacturing and distributing it. Defective designs often affect the whole range of the product, not just a few outliers.
- Defective manufacturing: Unlike defective designs, manufacturing defects often affect only a portion of a product.
- Failure to warn: If there is a known danger to a product, the manufacturer must warn the consumer. If the manufacturer fails to do so, they may be held liable for the resulting injuries.
The specific ways in which the product that harmed you will impact whom (and how) you sue for damages. Your product liability claim lawyer from our firm can advise you regarding the circumstances of your case.
Our Attorneys Are Experienced at Handling Product Liability Claims Just Like Yours
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we are here for you. We want to be the shoulder you can lean on in your time of need after a corporation or business’s negligence has left you hurt. Let us be your guides and advocates as we fight for your rights and the compensation you are owed.
Remember the Statute of Limitations on Personal Injury Lawsuits in Texas
According to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code §16.003, the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury lawsuit is generally two years, so your time is limited. The sooner you call us, the sooner we can get to work on your case. If you wait too long to get started with filing a lawsuit, you may be unable to pursue damages for your case.
Call Our Attorneys Today for a Free Consultation
Your first call is free, so do not wait. Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today to receive your free consultation and to learn more about how our product liability claim lawyers will fight for you. Bring in Loncar Lyon Jenkins today.