Zantac, a once-popular antacid, is now linked to several serious and life-threatening health conditions, including various gastrointestinal cancers. If your or your loved one took prescription or over-the-counter (OTC) Zantac and now suffer from an illness related to the drug, you may qualify for financial compensation.
An attorney with Loncar Lyon Jenkins can pursue your medical expenses and other damages with a Zantac lawsuit. We have fought for clients from across Texas since 1988, and we can put decades of legal experience to work for you. We offer free consultations and have eight offices conveniently located in Dallas, Houston, El Paso, Lubbock, McAllen, Wichita Falls, Odessa, and Tyler.
Zantac Lawsuit Damages
According to the journal Cancers, Zantac (the brand name for the drug ranitidine) contains an impurity known to cause severe and life-threatening health conditions. Illnesses linked to Zantac include:
- Stomach (gastric) cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Liver cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Crohn’s disease
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (PPH)
If you or your loved one suffers from a disease caused by Zantac, our attorneys can help you recover the cost of your medical treatment and seek awards for other damages related to your condition. Zantac lawsuit compensation may include:
- Medical bills. Our Zantac attorneys will help you identify and pursue all past, current, and future medical expenses resulting from your cancer or illness. We can help you recover the costs of diagnostic testing and labs, medical procedures, prescription drugs, chemotherapy, radiation, medical devices and equipment, palliative care, long-term nursing services, and other necessary treatments.
- Lost income. If you missed work due to your illness or treatment, we can recover your back pay and lost wages, benefits, and earnings. If you can no longer work because of your health condition, we can seek compensation for your lost earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering. Our lawyers can pursue monetary awards for ways your illness reduces your quality of life. For example, you may receive compensation for physical and chronic pain, depression, anxiety, stress, emotional anguish, scarring, disfigurement, and loss of life enjoyment.
- Various expenses. We can seek compensation for household services you cannot perform due to your illness (such as cooking, cleaning, and child care). We can also review your case to determine if you qualify for other damages, including medical travel expenses and medically necessary home or vehicle modifications.
- Wrongful death. We can assist you with a wrongful death claim if your loved one died from an illness caused by Zantac. You may qualify for compensation for their medical expenses, funeral and burial costs, lost income, lost support and services, and additional non-economic damages.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Loncar Lyon Jenkins Can Help You Take Legal Action
If you have a condition connected to ranitidine consumption and you regularly took brand-name prescription or OTC Zantac, you may qualify for a Zantac lawsuit. Our firm can review your case during a free consultation and potentially represent you and your individual claim in a mass tort or multidistrict lawsuit (MDL).
If you are eligible to take legal action, our team will handle every detail of your case so that you can focus on your health. Our Zantac lawyers can:
- Obtain your past and current medical bills and records
- Consult with health care professionals and other experts about your condition, its connection to Zantac, and how it affects your life and finances
- Collect medical and scientific research establishing a connection between Zantac and your cancer or illness
- Identify and pursue your financial losses
- Seek fair recovery for your pain and suffering
- File your case and handle paperwork, deadlines, and case-related communications
- Keep you informed with frequent and timely case updates
- Negotiate to secure an appropriate settlement
- Represent you at trial if needed
We Have Helped Thousands of Clients Recover the Awards They Deserve
Loncar Lyon Jenkins assists thousands of Texans annually with various legal issues. We have recovered multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts for past clients and will not back down from taking on wealthy and powerful defendants. In addition, we have a reputation for standing up to pharmaceutical companies, specifically when we handled cases involving other dangerous drugs, including Truvada and Elmiron.
Pursue Your Case Before Time Runs Out
You do not have unlimited time to pursue your case. According to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.012, you have two years to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit based on product liability. However, some factors could extend this deadline. Our lawyers will help you seek compensation before time runs out.
Why Is Zantac Harmful?
The U.S. Food & Drug Administration issued an official statement in April 2020 asking Zantac manufacturers, suppliers, and retailers to pull the drug from the market due to a cancer-causing impurity in the drug. The agency and independent researchers found an unsafe level of the known carcinogen N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) in the medication.
According to the FDA, NDMA is safe if ingested in small amounts, but the substance increases to a dangerous level as ranitidine degrades over time and due to exposure to heat. The agency does yet know how the NDMA got into Zantac. However, according to Reuters, retailers raised concerns over the medication as early as 2019.
Who Is Liable?
Drug manufacturers and distributors should pay for the harm caused by their unsafe products. Our lawyers will help you hold all those responsible for your condition financially accountable. Currently, companies named in Zantac and ranitidine litigation include:
- Sanofi-Aventis U.S. LLC
- Sanofi US Services Inc.
- Chattem, Inc.
- Boehringer Ingelheim
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Reach Out to Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today
Loncar Lyon Jenkins understands taking legal action can seem daunting, especially when facing a severe illness. However, our lawyers are here and ready to fight for you. We will handle your legal issues so you can focus on your health and your loved ones. We aim to make seeking justice as easy and stress-free as possible, often by taking cases on contingency, meaning you owe no upfront fees.
We offer 24/7 legal support and services. Contact us today to connect with an attorney and learn more about how we can help you pursue compensation with a Zantac lawsuit.