If you were hurt by a careless, negligent, or reckless driver while riding your motorcycle in Wichita Falls, you might be able to collect financial compensation from the at-fault driver. A Wichita Falls motorcycle accident lawyer with Loncar Lyon Jenkins can show you the steps to file an insurance claim or lawsuit.
Because a motorcycle accident can leave you with severe injuries, you could be faced with long recovery times. Our personal injury lawyer can focus on filing your claim for compensation while you focus on your physical recovery. We also help families navigate the financial aftermath of losing a loved one in a motorcycle accident.
No Need to Worry About Out-of-Pocket Costs When You Call in the Strong Arm
Because we are a contingency-based firm, our lawyers work at no upfront costs and don’t charge by the hour. Alternatively, their payment comes from a portion of your settlement or court award. If you don’t receive reimbursement for your damages, they don’t get reimbursed for their services.
Since 1988, we have wanted to make this legal process smooth and convenient for our clients. As such, some of the reviews they have written reflect this goal of ours. Take a look:
- “No hidden fees; everything was lined out for me, including medical care. Thanks Loncar!” – Robert P.
- “Thorough and persistent with the investigation.” – Charlene S.
- “Great service and very professional!!” – Liliana F.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
You Can Recoup Your Losses After a Motorcycle Accident in Wichita Falls
You shouldn’t have to pay off the damages you sustained after an accident that was not your fault. When you file your claim or lawsuit against the liable party, you can request reimbursement for the following types of damages:
- Medical expenses: For past and upcoming treatment (e.g., hospital stays, pain medications, medical equipment, surgeries, imaging scans, bloodwork, physical therapy, and copays for follow-up doctor’s appointments)
- Lost wages: When you couldn’t go to work because your injuries and treatment appointments wouldn’t permit
- Lost earning potential: If your injuries were so severe that you won’t be able to work again at the same capacity or at all
- Property damage: If your motorcycle was destroyed or damaged in the accident
- Pain and suffering: If you have had to endure physical discomfort from your injuries
- Mental anguish: For the trauma you have experienced stemming from the accident (e.g., post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), insomnia, depression, etc.)
- Scarring and disfigurement: If the accident was serious that it permanently changed the way you look and move)
- Wrongful death damages: For your late loved one’s funeral expenses, final medical expenses, and your loss of companionship and support
You don’t have to figure out the worth of these damages and others on your own. Your lawyer can review your case and value each of your losses accordingly.
When Our Wichita Falls Lawyers Work on Your Motorcycle Accident Case
If you were injured or your loved one was killed in a motorcycle accident in Wichita Falls, you might be eligible to file a personal injury lawsuit. We are dedicated to helping our personal injury clients collect financial compensation for the expenses and losses of a motorcycle accident they were involved in.
To help support your claim for compensation, we may take the following actions:
- Obtain and review your crash report
- Access and look over your medical records
- Keep you updated on the ongoing progress of your claim
- Prove negligence and assign fault and liability to the at-fault driver
- Identify, locate, and interview accident witnesses
- Review pay stubs and salary history to calculate lost wages
- Ensure your claim or lawsuit is filed on time
- Give you regular updates throughout the course of your case
You do not have to fight alone or experience financial hardship for a motorcycle accident that was not your fault. One of our lawyers serving Wichita Falls may advocate for you on every step of the compensation journey.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Linking the Motorcycle Accident to Your Injuries
Evidence is what makes your case. To support your claim, we may use the following:
The injuries you or a family member sustained in a motorcycle accident can come with a hefty price tag. A motorcycle collision might cause injuries such as:
- Cuts, scrapes, and bruises
- Road rash
- Facial trauma
- Broken collarbones
- Skull fractures
- Head injuries or traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Back, neck, and/or spinal cord injuries
Your medical records are an important part of your total case file. We use your medical reports to calculate the cost of your medical care and estimate the cost of future medical care.
Documents That Support Your Claim
Part of building a compensation claim is compiling paperwork and documentation. To build a complete claim, our team may ask you to obtain specific supportive documents, such as:
- Insurance claim forms
- Witness statements
- Official crash reports
- Photos of the motorcycle accident scene
- Video surveillance of the accident in motion
- Your salary history
- Traffic tickets
Obtain these and any other requested documents as soon as possible and share them with your lawyer so that your case may be filed in a timely manner.
Some motorcycle accident cases call for a reconstruction that can help our legal team understand any causes and contributing factors. Our firm can bring in these types of experts, such as accident reconstructionists, who can help establish the negligence of another party in your motorcycle accident.
We want to get to the bottom of what happened so that we have evidence to challenge an insurer’s determination of fault. This way, we can protect you from an insurance adjuster who may try to shift part or all of the blame onto you.
Make Time Work in Your Favor After a Motorcycle Accident
The time after a motorcycle accident is critical, and your priority should be seeking immediate medical care and experiencing the best possible recovery for your injuries.
While you focus on physical and emotional recovery after a motorcycle accident, our legal team will start working on your case as soon as possible to meet the statute of limitations, per Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003. To recover compensation, you have two years from the date of the accident to file for personal injury and two years from the date of your loved one’s death to file for wrongful death.
Taking legal action is time-sensitive, and the clock starts ticking as soon as the accident occurs, so do not delay. Doing so might put your ability to obtain compensation at risk. When you are ready to pursue the at-fault driver, we are ready to help you prepare and file a comprehensive claim.
Build a Motorcycle Accident Case With Loncar Lyon Jenkins
A lawyer with our firm can help you explore your options for financial recovery after a motorcycle accident in Wichita Falls.
Call in the Strong Arm today to learn more about our services in a free consultation. Remember, we don’t take any fees from you up front or out of pocket, so your financial risk is limited when you work with us.