If you or a family member had a slip and fall accident, one of our lawyers in Wichita Falls can take your case. We can investigate what happened, identify the cause of the slip and fall, and determine whether the property owner was negligent in some way.
A property owner must ensure that their property is free of hazards, so no guests injure themselves. If they fail to resolve a hazard that they were aware of, and someone has an accident because of the hazard, they can be held liable for your injuries and other damages. We can fight for justice and fair compensation for you.
Seeking Legal Help Following a Slip and Fall Accident
According to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, the statute of limitations for a personal injury lawsuit in Texas is usually two years. This means that you have a limited window in which to seek medical care, await the Maximum Medical Improvement (MMI), and hire a slip and fall accident lawyer in Wichita Falls from Loncar Lyon Jenkins.
When you take advantage of our 24/7 availability, a member of our team will listen to your case and provide legal counsel. Once you hire us and we come on board, we may take the following steps so that you may receive the compensation you deserve:
- Collect documentation: We gather all the records relating to your case. This includes the police report, medical records, insurance policy information, medical bills, and other expenses relating to the accident and injuries.
- Investigate: We investigate the accident to verify your claims and gather all evidence. This includes interviewing and recording the testimonies of witnesses, reviewing security footage, and analyzing police reports.
- Negotiate: We file a claim against the insurance company to alert them of our intention to recover damages. During negotiations, our goal is to settle the case outside the courtroom. However, if the insurance company refuses to agree on an equitable amount, we will take the case to court.
Before we can get you the compensation you deserve, there is a need to determine the party or parties responsible for your injuries. To hold the property owner or renter liable, one of the following statements must be true:
- The property owner or renter knew about the dangerous condition on the property but did not correct it
- The property owner or renter should have known about the dangerous condition and taken steps to correct it, just as a reasonable person would have done
- The property owner or renter created or was directly responsible for the dangerous condition that led to the accident
If you were injured on public property, such as a store, the business owner can be sued. But if you were hurt on residential property, the property owner’s insurance company must pay for your injuries.
For a free legal consultation with a Slip and Fall Accidents lawyer serving Wichita Falls, call 877-239-4878
Key Things to Avoid in a Personal Injury Lawsuit
While your case unfolds, we recommend that you avoid the following:
- Waiting too long to seek legal help and hiring a lawyer after the statute of limitations has expired
- Discussing your case publicly and posting photos and updates to your social media that the defense party may use against you
- Signing any document and/or speaking to an official from the insurance company without your lawyer’s knowledge
- Attacking the liable parties or getting into an argument with them concerning your injuries or litigation
- Failing to disclose all relevant information to your lawyer
Wichita Falls Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Injuries From Slip and Fall Accidents
Some common injuries suffered in most slip and fall accidents include:
A head injury is any injury affecting the brain, scalp, or skull. The injury may be as mild as a bruise, cut, or bump on the head or as serious as a deep cut or open wound. The common symptoms of mild head injuries include headaches, spinning sensations, nausea, temporary ringing in the ears, vomiting, and mild confusion.
On the other hand, severe injuries are characterized by loss of consciousness, disorientation, coordination problems, memory loss, and the leaking of fluid from the ear or nose.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Many victims of slip and fall accidents suffer injuries to the back or spinal cord. Apart from fracturing vertebrae, you can suffer permanent loss of strength and lose function and sensation around the area below the injury.
You can also lose control of your bladder and bowels, experience impaired breathing, feel intense pain or a stinging sensation, and feel extreme pain or pressure in the neck, head, or back.
Hip fractures can lead to life-threatening complications, especially for those over the age of 65. The only way to treat hip fractures is to undergo surgery, and some patients must be admitted to a rehabilitation facility for extensive care.
Depending on the nature of your injuries, you may require internal repairs with metal screws, partial hip replacement, or total hip replacement.
Contact our Wichita Falls Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys today
Overview of Slip and Fall Accidents
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), over three million people visit the emergency room each year for treatment after a slip and fall accident, and 20 percent of falls result in a serious injury, such as bone fractures or a traumatic brain injury (TBI).
When a slip and fall is caused by negligence, it is necessary to hold the liable parties responsible for their actions. This is because slip and fall accidents do not only cause injuries to the victims, but can also disrupt their lives, cause temporary and permanent disabilities, and may even lead to death.
A significant number of these accidents can be prevented if property owners take the measures needed to keep guests safe on their property. If you live in Northern Texas and sustained injuries on private or public property, a slip and fall accident lawyer serving Wichita Falls may be able to help you recover damages.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Reach Out to Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today
If you intend to seek damages after your slip and fall in Wichita Falls, it can benefit you to have one of our lawyers in your corner. Loncar Lyon Jenkins may be able to help you get the justice and compensation you deserve. To discuss your case in a free, no-obligation consultation with a representative, contact us today at (877) 239-4878.
Our legal team works for a contingency fee, so you pay nothing up front and no hourly fees. Our fees come out of your winnings. If we do not win, we do not get paid. You’ve got nothing to lose when you choose us to be your legal advocate.
Call or text 877-239-4878 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form