There are many things that can go wrong when a driver is turning left, as it may require a motorist to cross through one or more lanes of oncoming traffic. Accidents resulting from left turns could produce serious or even fatal injuries.
If you or a loved one was injured in a left turn accident in Austin, you may be entitled to compensation covering your collision-related losses. The team of an Austin left turn accident lawyer can explain how they could help you fight for the compensation that you deserve.
One option you have is to call in the Strong Arm to lead your personal injury or wrongful death case. You can call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at (877) 239-4878 for a free consultation.
The Dangers of Making an Improper Left Turn
Turning left can be a dangerous process, depending on a roadway’s traffic conditions. The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) notes that in 2019, there were 12,897 “serious injury crashes.”
In order to turn left, a driver may need to:
- Merge into a left turn lane
- Adjust their driving speed to match the flow of traffic
- Ensure that the rear-end or front-end of their vehicle is not jutting into traffic
- Check for possible obstructions before executing a turn
- Cross traffic when they have adequate clearance
Many left turn accidents happen at intersections. The density of traffic, the speeds of traveling vehicles, and other factors may increase the risk of a left turn collision. Yet, a motorist needs to look out for more than just other drivers while on the road. They also need to look out for bicyclists and pedestrians.
The Details of Your Accident Matter
It is up to your lawyer to determine all of the facts involved in your accident, and you may help by providing your account of events. The way that your accident occurred may determine who is responsible for the losses you have suffered.
If another party caused your accident, then they may be liable for your losses.
A motorist may be responsible if:
- They made a left hand turn while there was oncoming traffic, in which case you may have struck the right side of their vehicle.
- A motorist made a left turn when they did not have the right-of-way, which could occur when a light is green at an intersection.
- A motorist’s vehicle stalled while they were making a left turn, causing a collision.
There may be many other scenarios in which another motorist could be responsible for causing your accident. Your lawyer will collect witness accounts, review evidence, consult with accident reconstruction experts, review the police report, and take other steps to clarify how your accident happened.
Once they gather all relevant forms of evidence, your Austin left turn accident lawyer may determine who is responsible for your losses. Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at (877) 239-4878 for more details about how a lawyer may establish liability for your losses.
For a free legal consultation with a left turn accidents lawyer serving Austin, call 800-777-7777
A Lawyer Will Guide You Toward Possible Compensation
Your lawyer will aim to secure any compensation you deserve. The amount of compensation that your lawyer seeks may be in line with the losses you have suffered because of your accident.
To calculate the cost of your expenses, your lawyer will consider:
- The cost of taking an ambulance from the scene of your accident
- The cost of emergency care
- The cost of hospitalization
- The cost of scans, tests, and any other diagnostic procedures
- The cost of any other medical care that you received to diagnose and treat your injuries
- The cost to rehabilitate your injuries
- The cost of temporary transportation while your vehicle is being repaired or replaced, if applicable
- The cost of treatment for psychological trauma, which may include medications and counseling
- Pain and suffering
- Income you lost while injured
- Harm to your earning power
You may be entitled to a different set of damages if you plan to bring a wrongful death claim after losing a loved one. You could receive compensation for the cost of your loved one’s funeral, the loss of their income, and pain and suffering.
How a Lawyer May Handle Your Case
A lawyer can manage the obligations of your case, whether you are bringing an insurance claim or lawsuit. There could be numerous parties liable for your accident and different approaches to seeking compensation.
At the onset of your working relationship, your lawyer will sit down with you and ask for your account of events. After reviewing this information, they will gather evidence to support your allegations.
They may then:
- Calculate the cost of your losses
- File your lawsuit or claim
- Handle communications with the insurance companies, the other party’s legal counsel, and the other involved parties
- Document your ongoing damages and changes to your medical condition
- Negotiate a pre-trial settlement
- Review the involved auto insurance policies
- Take your case to trial, if a fair settlement agreement cannot be reached
You can trust an Austin left turn accident lawyer to handle your personal injury or wrongful death case.
Austin Left Turn Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-777-7777
You Typically Have Two Years to File a Car Accident Lawsuit
Following an Austin car accident, we encourage you to call Loncar Lyon Jenkins as soon as you can because your case is subject to Texas’s statutory deadline. Per Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code §16.003, you typically have two years from the date of your accident to file a lawsuit. Under the same statute, claimants generally have two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit, with the deadline starting from the date of the decedent’s passing.
Your lawyer will review the facts of your case and determine how the state’s statute of limitations applies to you. Although some details of your situation may grant you more time to act, we encourage you to take prompt legal action regarding your intentions.
Click to contact our Personal Injury Lawyers today
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today
You may hire an Austin left turn accident lawyer for several reasons and receive numerous benefits in doing so. Our team can pursue both justice and compensation for your collision-related expenses.
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at (877) 239-4878 for a free consultation.