Motorists who carry objects inside their vehicle, in a truck bed, or outside of their vehicle must ensure that those items remain secured. When loose objects fall into the roadway, they may cause:
- One or more vehicles to strike the object
- Vehicles to swerve in order to avoid the object
- Vehicles to stop in front of the object
Each of these potential outcomes could result in an accident, and injuries or death resulting from the accident. If you or a loved one has suffered a fatal or non-fatal injury because of loose objects in the road, then an Austin loose objects accident lawyer may help you pursue compensation.
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at (877) 239-4878 for a free consultation about how we may serve you.
Injuries That May Result from an Accident
Loose objects in the road may have resulted in your vehicle being struck, you striking another vehicle, or your vehicle striking the object itself. These collisions may have put a violent strain on your body, and you may have suffered one or more injuries as a result.
There are several injuries that may occur because of a motor vehicle accident, including:
- Cognitive injury, which may include brain damage or traumatic brain injury
- Broken bones
- Internal bleeding, which Healthline explains is a potentially life-threatening symptom of injury
- Injury to critical organs
- Severe burns or lacerations
Being injured may change the way that you function on a daily basis, and may prevent you from fulfilling the basic tasks that made you independent before your injuries. In some cases, injuries could be fatal, in which case you may be coping with the loss of a loved one.
The unwanted consequences that result from an injury may cause you to suffer for the foreseeable future. A lawyer will take account of all of your injury-related losses and seek any compensation that you deserve.
Losses That May Come from Your Accident
Injuries are just one type of loss that you may experience because of an accident. The injuries that you or a loved one have suffered may lead directly to additional losses, such as:
- The cost of diagnosing your injuries
- The cost of emergency care
- The cost of treatment for your injuries
- The cost of any hospitalization required after your accident
- The cost of rehabilitation for your injuries
Medical expenses can be among the most expensive that you face, and injuries sustained in an accident may be similarly costly. Healthcare expenses may not be the extent of losses that come from your accident, as being injured in an accident may impose several secondary harms as well.
Additional losses from your accident may include:
- Recurring traumatic thoughts and dreams
- Interruptions in your sleep patterns
- Anxiety that may be general or specifically tied to riding in motor vehicles
- Physical limitation
- Loss of your independence
- Changes in your mood or personality
- Changes in your relationship
- Physical scarring or other forms of disfigurement
One of the most immediate consequences of being injured could be your inability to work as you normally do. You could miss work temporarily because of your injuries, may be unable to work ever again, or may be able to return to work in a limited capacity. In either case, the loss of your normal income and ability to work could cause significant financial and psychological harm.
An Austin loose objects accident lawyer will become familiar with your case and seek compensation from at-fault individuals. Call in the Strong Arm to help with your case. Reach out to Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at (877) 239-4878 for a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a Loose Objects Accidents lawyer serving Austin, call 877-239-4878
Multiple Parties Could Owe You Compensation
Determining who owes you compensation after an auto accident in Austin may be one of your lawyer’s many duties. A motorist who failed to secure items to their vehicle or to the inside of their vehicle may be one of multiple parties responsible for causing your accident. The specific circumstances of your collision will dictate liability for your losses.
Some of the parties who may be responsible for your losses are:
- The driver of a vehicle that inadequately fastened items to the frame of their vehicle
- The driver of a truck from which loose objects fell into the road
- The driver of a commercial truck whose cargo was not secured properly
- The driver of a vehicle that allowed loose objects to fall from inside the vehicle into the roadway
- The manufacturer of a device, such as a cargo strap, that failed to function as intended
Every instance of loose objects causing a collision is unique, and your lawyer will rely on witness accounts, evidence, and your own account to determine who is responsible for your losses.
A Lawyer Will Complete Your Case for Awards
Bringing a lawsuit is no small matter, and it requires time and attention. A lawyer has the time and resources to fight your case for compensation, and will handle your case from start to finish.
A lawyer will defend your rights. They will provide advice about how they believe you may pursue compensation, and will fight for the awards you deserve through an insurance claim or lawsuit.
Your lawyer may complete several specific tasks within the scope of your case, such as interviewing witnesses, hiring experts, calculating the value of your losses, and filing paperwork. They will negotiate a settlement or complete a trial with the goal of winning a favorable judgement. A lawyer will handle your case for awards so that you can focus on recovery.
Austin Loose Objects Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today
Do not wait to call the team for an Austin loose objects accident lawyer, as Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code §16.003 states that you generally have a limited period of time to file a wrongful death or personal injury lawsuit.
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at (877) 239-4878 to speak with our team at no cost about seeking compensation for your losses.