If you or a loved one suffered whiplash in a Frisco, Texas, car accident, you can call Loncar Lyon Jenkins to hold the person who caused the injury responsible for your damages, such as your medical expenses. Our Frisco whiplash car accident lawyers will listen to the details of your situation for free and represent you on a contingency fee basis if we work on your case.
Since 1988, our law firm has put our legal resources to work for injured Texans. Now, it’s your turn. Let us take on your personal injury case while you focus on your well-being. You can start with a free, obligation-free legal consultation today.
You Have Two Years to File Your Frisco Whiplash Injury Lawsuit
You generally have two years from the date of your whiplash injury to file a lawsuit against the liable party, per Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, the state’s statute of limitation deadline. Failure to adhere to this deadline could jeopardize your case. By reaching out to our law office’s team today, you can take the first step in protecting your rights.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Our Injury Team Will Seek the Full Cost of Your Damages
You can seek financial (economic) and non-financial (non-economic) losses and other pocket expenses through an insurance claim or civil lawsuit. Some examples of recoverable damages include:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical treatment bills (present and future) for injuries, including neck injuries, neck pain, spinal cord injuries, and other severe injuries, etc.
- Lost income
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Disability and scarring
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
- Property damage expenses
- Transportation costs
The value of your damages will depend on your circumstances. In general, the severity of your injuries, the cost of your financial damages, and your quality of life will determine your case’s overall value. Our Frisco car accident attorneys can advise you further during an initial consultation if you suffered injuries in a motor vehicle accident.
What Can a Whiplash Lawyer in Frisco, TX, Do for You?
One of our personal injury attorneys’ primary duties involves proving negligence. This is the inability to act like a reasonable person in the same situation. Every driver is expected to obey traffic signals, accommodate pedestrian traffic, and maintain a safe braking distance. Failure to act as a reasonable motorist constitutes negligence.
With your case’s evidence, we must prove:
- The other motorist owed you a duty of care.
- The other motorist violated their duty of care by being reckless or careless.
- You suffered whiplash as a direct result of their breached duty.
- Your injuries have financial, emotional, and physical repercussions, and you should be compensated.
Other Legal Services Our Frisco Whiplash Car Accident Lawyers Provide
In addition to proving negligence occurred, our other services include:
- Calculating your losses so that you know how much compensation you could request
- Filing your claim or lawsuit within the state’s statute of limitations
- Negotiating a settlement with an insurance company
- Investigating your situation and collecting relevant evidence that supports your account of events
- Consulting with your healthcare team
- Getting testimony from accident reconstruction specialists
- Managing all relevant communications
- Advising you on your options and protecting your rights
- Updating you on your case
Our services will meet your case’s needs. When you call Loncar Lyon Jenkins, you call in the Strong Arm. Our attorneys can take care of your entire case while you rest and recover from a whiplash injury. We will seek compensation that can help you pay your accident-related expenses and help you put your life back on track after suffering a potentially life-changing injury.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
What You Should Do in the Aftermath of a Frisco Car Accident
Mayo Clinic reports that whiplash usually heals on its own within a matter of weeks. However, this should not stop you from visiting a doctor as soon as possible. You can tell your physician of any accident issues you’ve noticed, such as if the range of motion in your neck has changed or needs more medical attention. Medications, physical therapy, and other measures could help your recovery period. The information from your healthcare provider can also be used as evidence in your case.
In addition to seeking medical attention, you should:
Direct the Insurer to Your Lawyer
Once you partner with our team, you do not have to answer phone calls from the insurance company. Instead, direct them to us. We can:
- Defend you against bad faith insurance practices
- Present evidence to prove your claim
- Identify the liable policy
- Answer their emails, phone calls, and text messages
- Advise you on any valid settlement offers
Insurance companies do not always act in claimants’ best interests. We do.
Refrain From Posting About the Event Online
Social media is not your friend while your case unfolds. Anything you share online can and will be used against you by the claims adjuster. You should not:
- Make posts about the collision and your injuries
- Upload pictures of yourself online (even if they are old pictures)
- Send messages to the at-fault party
- Share posts from other users
- Share videos of yourself
We can suggest other measures regarding social media when you connect with our team.
Document Your Losses
Your medical bills, wage statements, and property damage receipts are important. We can use these documents to determine the value of your case. Either in a diary or Word document, you should also document:
- Your daily pain levels
- Details about your recovery period
- The medications you are prescribed
- Your doctor’s appointments and physical therapy sessions
- Your emotional state
Your testimony holds a great deal of power in a car accident case.
We Can Address These Challenges to Your Case
Managing a car accident case while suffering from whiplash is no easy task. Sometimes, the financial recovery process can be fraught with complications. We can address the following issues in your case (should they arise):
The Insurer Denies Your Claim
The insurance company might deny your claim even if you are entitled to compensation. We will present evidence and attempt to negotiate a settlement. If they continue to delay the process, we can file a lawsuit directly against the negligent driver. Sometimes, after learning that we intend to go to court, insurance companies offer fair settlements.
The Insurance Company Accuses You of Being at Fault
Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 33.001 says you can recover compensation if you did not primarily cause the wreck. Even if you were 48 percent responsible for what happened, you can still recover 52 percent of your damages.
With the evidence we collect, we may find that you did not cause the accident at all. This could be pivotal in helping you secure the money you need.
You Don’t Have Evidence to Support Your Whiplash Case
We can investigate your case to gather evidence. You do not need to worry about requesting information from different agencies or talking to witnesses. We will do that for you. We can:
- Subpoena traffic camera footage and phone records
- Request a copy of the police report
- Interview the paramedics who arrived at the accident scene
- Visit the accident scene and search for physical evidence
- Consult with accident reconstruction specialists
Now is the time to focus on recovering from your injuries, not serving as your own private investigator.
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today for Help With a Frisco Whiplash Injury Car Accident
Connect with our personal injury lawyer team serving Frisco, TX, today to learn more about your financial recovery options. We can listen to your story and explain working with one of our whiplash lawyers in Frisco. To begin, dial us today for a free consultation.