If you or someone you love has been hurt by a negligent doctor or nurse, then you may be able to sue them for compensation. At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we are here to help victims of medical malpractice in Frisco pursue the money they deserve after negligent healthcare providers leave them hurt.
Our personal injury lawyers will fight for your rights and advocate for you and your family. Here is how.
How Our Medical Malpractice Lawyer will Work for You
In order to recover damages for you after a healthcare provider’s negligence has left you injured, we will investigate your situation, gather evidence, negotiate on your behalf, and stay by your side every step of the way through this process.
We will Investigate Your Injuries
First, we will investigate your injuries to get to the bottom of what happened in your case. There may be more than one party at fault, so we will thoroughly examine everything so that you have a full picture of whose negligence was to blame.
It is possible we will uncover negligence on behalf of any of the following parties:
- Drug manufacturers
- Medical device manufacturers
- And other healthcare providers
We will use evidence such as medical records, witness statements, photographic and video evidence, and other proof to show that your injuries were the result of negligence. Here are some of the common forms of medical negligence:
- Failure to diagnose: If your doctor missed your diagnosis, they may be held liable for your injuries. Undiagnosed illnesses can continue to worsen, causing more serious issues that could have been prevented if your doctor had met their duty of care to you.
- Misdiagnosis: If your doctor gives you the wrong diagnosis, you may be harmed not only by your true condition going untreated but also by receiving unnecessary treatments for your misdiagnosis.
- Failure to treat: Even if your doctor accurately and promptly diagnoses you, if they fail to treat you as another doctor in similar circumstances would, then they may be held liable for your losses.
- Medication errors: Medical malpractice may occur when you are given the wrong medication by your pharmacist or you are prescribed the wrong medication by your doctor.
- Dangerous medication: Some medications may cause serious health problems, including cancer. You can sue the manufacturer for its negligence if your injuries can be shown to be caused by the drug. You can find a list of recalled medications on the U.S. Food & Drug Administration’s (FDA) website.
- Faulty medical devices: Malfunctioning and recalled products, like hernia mesh, can also cause injuries that warrant compensation. You can find a list of recalled devices on the FDA website.
- Birth injuries: If you or your child was injured during childbirth, then your doctor may have been negligent and therefore responsible for your losses.
We will Negotiate for a Settlement
Once we have collected evidence that points to negligence on behalf of your healthcare provider, we will use this proof to negotiate the best possible outcome on your behalf.
Instead of dealing with insurance companies while you are sick or injured, let us take on the burden for you. We fight for victims of medical negligence. We can calculate your damages and pursue fair compensation.
We will See Your Case Through to the End
If the insurance company does not agree to pay you what you are owed, we will face them in court to fight for you and your loved ones. This could mean seeing your case through to a verdict. Other times the insurance company will come back to negotiations once they see that we are not backing down.
Either way, we will see your case through to the end and will never settle against your best interests. You can trust the Strong Arm of Loncar Lyon Jenkins to be by your side every step of the way through this process.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Recoverable Damages in Medical Malpractice Cases
There are two main types of damages you can recover through a medical malpractice lawsuit or claim. Economic damages are meant to compensate you for your financial losses, while non-economic damages compensate you for your intangible losses.
Economic Damages in Medical Malpractice Cases
Medical bills are expensive, and when you cannot work due to your injuries, they can seem overwhelming. Economic damages can compensate you for these losses, such as:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential
- Out-of-pocket expenses
Additionally, if you lost your loved one due to medical malpractice, then you can recover economic damages for your financial losses as well, such as burial expenses and lost future earnings.
Non-Economic Damages in Medical Malpractices Cases
Instances of medical malpractice can have a long-lasting impact on your mental and emotional wellbeing, as well as that of your loved ones. If you are suffering from a serious injury or long-term disability due to your healthcare provider’s negligence, you may deal with daily pain that interrupts your life and taints your happy moments.
Day to day life can become difficult, and you may not be able to go about the hobbies and activities you once loved. You deserve to be compensated for these non-economic losses.
If you have lost a loved one due to a medical professional’s negligence, then you may recover compensation for their pain and suffering, as well as your own suffering caused by their absence.
Call in the Strong Arm for Your Frisco Case
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we want to be the Strong Arm you can depend on in your time of need. With hundreds of millions of dollars recovered on behalf of our clients throughout Texas, our reputation speaks for itself.
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at (877) 239-4878 to receive your free consultation and learn more about how our medical malpractice lawyers can help you recover compensation.