Getting involved in a motorcycle accident can cause debilitating injuries and upend your life. If you suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident in the Houston, TX, area, or you lost a loved one in an accident involving a motorbike, a Houston motorcycle accident lawyer at Loncar Lyon Jenkins may assist you in seeking justice. If another motorist caused your accident, you may be able to hold them responsible and recover compensation.
Our Houston personal injury attorneys understand how life-altering these collisions can be for the victim and their families. If this is your situation, we want to protect you from any additional stress during this already difficult time by handling your entire personal injury or wrongful death case for you. We provide free case reviews so you can learn more about your rights and the next steps after a motorcycle accident at no cost.
Why Do I Need a Houston Motorcycle Accident Attorney?
A member of our Houston Motorcycle Accident Lawyer team can answer your questions during an initial consultation. We can respond to others as your case progresses should you hire one of our personal injury lawyers to represent you.
Motorcycle accidents may breed uncertainty, leading to questions such as:
Who Is At Fault for a Motorcycle Accident in Houston?
Determining who is legally responsible for a motorcycle crash will depend greatly on the accident’s facts, which are unique to the situation and your case. To determine liability and identify the at-fault driver, we must prove what happened and the role each party played in acting negligently and causing the collision and injuries.
It’s commonplace for the other motorist to be at fault for the motorcycle accident. However, the city government might have been negligent if it failed to clean up debris on the road or warn road users about street hazards. Alternatively, if a mechanic or parts manufacturer installed the wrong part of a defective fault, we can search for evidence to prove they didn’t follow company procedures.
Am I Responsible at All for the Accident?
Depending on your case’s facts, you might hold fault for the accident. However, you can still collect damages as long as you are no more than 50 percent to blame for the collision, according to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 33.001. Keep in mind that your total damages would be reduced by your portion of the fault.
Our Houston motorcycle accident team can help if an insurance adjuster tries to shift more of the blame onto you. We can conduct an independent investigation into your accident and challenge an insurer’s determination of fault if necessary. Our goal is to seek a fair settlement that does not leave you footing the bills for your accident-related losses down the line. This is especially important if you suffer severe injuries that require ongoing medical care. We will accurately account for any future medical expenses, using your doctor’s testimony as evidence.
What Are My Total Losses?
Because each case has its circumstances, there is no way to say what your case is worth right away. Your lawyer will review your circumstances and see how the accident has impacted your life physically, emotionally, and financially. From there, we can value your damages and pursue compensation for your injuries and losses.
Our motorcycle attorneys know how to put a fair settlement range on these personal injury claims by:
- Adding the value of each type of damages
- Pricing your intangible losses
- Estimating your future expenses
Only once we complete our investigation and have this evidence will we be able to tell you how much your case may be worth.
Will Insurance Pay for My Losses?
After we have calculated your losses, we will request a settlement amount from the liable party’s insurance company. If they come back with an offer that will not sufficiently compensate you, we will negotiate with them until we find common ground.
Sometimes, we may need to sue the negligent party to show their insurer we are serious. Yet, even when we do sue, a settlement is still the most common outcome in these cases. Most cases are won through a negotiated settlement rather than going all the way through a trial and receiving a verdict.
Though we can typically settle without going to court, our Texas personal injury law firm is always prepared to present your case in front of a jury. Our lawyers prepare every case as if it might go to trial—this sets us up to fight for the best possible outcome.
Is a Personal Injury Lawsuit an Option for Pursuing Non-Insurance Compensation?
Yes, we can file a motorcycle accident lawsuit if we can’t settle with the insurance company. However, we have to follow the statute of limitations that Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 imposes. Under this law, we have about two years to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit.
Make sure you call us quickly so we can get started. If we are too late to file, you might be barred from seeking financial recovery.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
You Can Afford to Hire Our Houston Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
When you call our firm, we offer a free consultation to hear your side of the story and answer your questions about the legal process. This gives you a chance to learn more about our services, how our fees work, and how we might approach your motorcycle accident claim or lawsuit case. During this conversation, we can determine if we are a good “fit” for you and if you want to hire our law firm to represent you.
Once we decide to work together, we agree on a percentage our lawyers will take from your financial outcome for their services. That way, there will be no surprise fees at any point in your case. This also means you will not pay a retainer or other initial fees up front. We only get paid if you do, and only as a percentage of your settlement or verdict.
With this payment arrangement, no upfront or out-of-pocket costs will be involved. You have nothing to lose when you hire Loncar Lyon Jenkins.
What to Expect From the Houston Motorcycle Accident Attorneys at Loncar Lyon Jenkins
When you move forward with a lawyer from our firm by your side, you can expect them to do the following as they seek compensation from the negligent driver in your accident:
- Conduct extensive research into how your accident occurred, including who may have acted in a way that caused your accident and subsequent injuries.
- Gather case-supporting evidence and identify the liable party in the accident.
- Prove how negligence caused the accident and why you deserve compensation for your injuries and losses.
- Draft the initial paperwork to file your lawsuit, which will lead to notifying the defendants of the legal action against them.
- Calculate your losses and request fair compensation as the stated goal of your lawsuit.
- Handle communications with the other party’s insurance company and legal representatives.
- Conduct all legal affairs necessary to move your lawsuit to a judgment or settlement.
- Represent you in settlement negotiations or at trial—whichever your case dictates.
- File paperwork in accordance with all state-enforced deadlines.
- Advocate for your rights and protect your interests.
We make it a point to provide you with client-focused legal representation. We would never apply a cookie-cutter approach to a motorcycle accident case. We will listen to your story and personalize our legal strategy to suit your unique circumstances.
Damages You Could Recover for a Houston Motorcycle Accident
If your lawyer secures a settlement or shows a jury that you are a motorcycle accident victim who has suffered identifiable losses, you could receive compensation from the responsible party for economic losses and non-economic losses:
- Medical costs related to your motorcycle accident: You could recover healthcare expenses if your injuries required any kind of medical attention, such as ambulance transportation, an emergency department visit, surgery, pain medication, hospital stays, medical devices, or continued check-ups and other future medical care.
- Rehabilitation expenses: If you need ongoing care as you recover at home, you may have physical therapy or occupational therapy costs, etc.
- Lost pay due to your injuries: If you couldn’t get your tips, paid vacation, bonuses, hourly rate, etc.
- Future lost earning power: If you cannot return to your past work or continue to work at all, you could have a loss of income that affects how you pay your household bills and accident-related expenses
- Repair or replacement of your motorcycle: If your motorcycle was damaged or totaled
- Pain and suffering: If your injuries cause you debilitating pain
- Mental anguish: If your injuries took a toll on your mental and emotional health (e.g., emotional distress)
- Disability: If you are temporarily or permanently unable to function as you did before the accident
- Loss of consortium: If your accident injuries affected your ability to enjoy the benefits of a family relationship
- Scarring and disfigurement: If there are any changes in your mobility or appearance
- Property damage: If your bike sustained damages from the motorcycle wreck
ecoverable Wrongful Death Damages
Alternatively, if your loved one died in a motorcycle accident, you could collect compensation related to their funeral costs, projected income, and loss of their presence. We also handle wrongful death actions for Houston-area families who qualify under Texas law.
Losing someone suddenly and without warning can be one of the most difficult things anyone can face. We do not want the financial stress of a wrongful death lawsuit to make this tough time worse for you or your family. We can take care of your case while you focus on taking care of your family and your loved one’s arrangements.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
A Motorcycle Accident Can Be More Dangerous for the Motoryclist
Most motorcycle riders in Houston generally understand that they experience risks other motorists do not. However, they may take precautions to protect themselves from danger. These precautions often include:
- Wearing a motorcycle helmet
- Wearing safety gear on their upper and lower body
- Driving in a cautious manner
- Knowing how to take defensive action when possible and appropriate
- Refraining from dangerous driving behaviors
- Following all state and local traffic laws
Even when riders take every possible precaution to prevent motorcycle accident injuries, they can still suffer an injury caused by a careless or reckless motorist. In addition, not all accidents can be prevented by a motorcyclist when another driver, such as a drunk or distracted driver, behaves carelessly or recklessly while behind the wheel. When this happens, injured parties have a right to hold these parties accountable for their negligent actions.
How Motorists Can Cause Motorcycle Accidents
Motorist negligence may occur when a motorcyclist takes reasonable precautions with their safety in mind yet suffers an injury anyway. While any driver could become a victim of an accident that is not their fault, motorcyclists may face greater potential consequences arising from such accidents.
Some of the driving behaviors that could put motorcyclists (and other motorists and pedestrians) at risk are:
- Driving under the influence of prescription drugs, illicit drugs, alcohol, or a combination of intoxicants
- Being willfully distracted while driving remains a major problem on Texas’ roads despite the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT)‘s efforts to combat distracted driving
- Taking risks on the road, which may include speeding, merging between vehicles with little clearance, tailgating, and turning into rapidly approaching traffic
- Being generally unaware of surroundings, which may include failure to monitor blind spots thoroughly or potential road hazards
- Moving violations, such as running red lights or ignoring road signs or traffic signals
These behaviors are risky for any driver regarding their safety and the safety of other motorists. Motorcycle accident victims hurt by these negligent driving behaviors could pay with their lives.
Types of Injuries From Houston Motorcycle Accidents
Some of the common injuries experienced by motorcyclists include:
- Road rash
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries and other head injuries
- Broken bones
- Burn injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Soft tissue injuries (bruises, swelling, etc.)
- Nerve damage
- Other catastrophic injuries
Our firm builds your case to demonstrate the full extent of expenses and losses related to your severe injuries to help you recover fair compensation.
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today to Start Your Houston Motorcycle Accident Case
If you are recovering from a motorcycle collision that occurred in Houston, our personal injury team can help you seek compensation for your injuries, property damage, and other losses. You can call in the Strong Arm for legal advice and service. A Houston motorcycle accident lawyer with our firm can help you and your family during a difficult time, so reach out to Loncar Lyon Jenkins today for a free consultation.
Our motorcycle accident injury lawyers have been leading personal injury cases throughout Texas for the past 30-plus years, so we know what it takes to seek the compensation you need on the long road to recovery after an accident. Because we work on a contingency fee basis, you will not pay us unless and until we secure a financial award on your behalf. We’re ready to help you now, so call us today for a free consultation.