Dangerous or defective pharmaceutical drugs can leave you facing serious health complications. If you were harmed by a drug with dangerous side effects, we can help you seek justice and compensation for your losses.
We can tell you more about what constitutes a dangerous drug, whether you may have a case, and how much you could seek. Our dangerous drug lawyers serving Lubbock can also handle every step of a claim or lawsuit and fight for the best possible outcome for your case.
Determining if You Have a Case Against a Dangerous Drug Manufacturer
A dangerous drug is a drug that is unsafe for you to take. If you were injured because of your use of a pharmaceutical drug or a medical device, you could have a case for compensation.
The best way to know if you have a case is to give our team a call. We will review your case for free and tell you what options you may have to move forward.
You can tell us more about:
- What medication you’ve been taking
- What symptoms or medical diagnoses you’ve been experiencing
- The extent of your medical bills and your illness’ impact on your work and life
Then, we can:
- Tell you whether or not we could file a claim or lawsuit on your behalf
- Begin gathering your medical records to investigate your case
- Handle every aspect of your case for you
For a free legal consultation with a dangerous drug lawyer serving Lubbock, call 800-777-7777
Forms of Compensation You Can Ceek
In a dangerous drug case, we will fight to seek every available dollar on your behalf. We will work to learn how your health conditions have affected all aspects of your life, including both economic and non-economic losses.
Non-economic losses could include:
- Pain and suffering: Reflecting the extent of your physical pain and hardships
- Reduced quality of life: If you are no longer able to enjoy the same life experiences as you did before your injury
Economic losses could include:
- Medical bills: Involving bills from any hospitalizations, emergency room visits, surgeries, visits to a doctor, rehabilitative therapy, and more
- Lost wages: Reflecting the income you weren’t able to earn due to your injury
- Reduced earning capacity: A lost ability to earn income moving forward as a result of your injury
How Much You are Eligible to Seek
Many clients want to understand how much they could seek. Typically, if your injuries severely affected your work and life and led to especially high medical bills, you may be able to seek a higher settlement. This is true for cases where you’re facing ongoing health consequences and impacts your ability to earn a living.
However, we could still seek compensation for those whose injuries were not quite as catastrophic. We recommend speaking to someone from our team to understand how much you could seek.
Lubbock Dangerous Drug Lawyer Near Me 800-777-7777
How Your Lawyer Can Help You with Your Case
To build a case on your behalf, we will work to show that your use of a medication directly resulted in health complications, serious side effects, or addiction.
These tasks can require a great deal of investigation into your health condition, your health history, and your use of the dangerous drug. We may also gather expert testimony to show a definitive link between the medication and your health problem.
We will handle every aspect of this process, including:
- Gathering and presenting compelling evidence
- Submitting all necessary forms and paperwork for you
- Handling the communication and negotiation with other lawyers, insurers, and other third parties
- Taking your case to court, if necessary
- Ensuring your case complies with Texas’ statute of limitations
- Fighting for the best possible outcome for your case
If you are reading on behalf of a loved one who may have lost their life due to their use of a dangerous drug, one of our lawyers serving Lubbock may be able to help you with a wrongful death lawsuit.
Click to contact our Personal Injury Lawyers today
What are Some Types of Dangerous Drugs?
There are many possible forms of medications or medical devices that could have caused you harm. They may include:
Some drugs that were originally approved for medical use have since been recalled by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). One recalled drug that has been the subject of numerous lawsuits is the heartburn medication known as Zantac.
The FDA discovered high levels of the carcinogen known as NDMA in Zantac, leaving the FDA to conclude that the drug was unsafe for use. If you took Zantac or any other FDA-recalled drug and developed serious health complications such as cancer, we may be able to help you with a case.
According to the United States Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), there are several forms of drugs on the market that have a high potential to cause physical or psychological dependence.
These are known as Schedule II drugs and include:
If your life and health have been harmed by these or other Schedule II drugs, we can investigate your losses and pursue a claim or lawsuit.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Why Loncar Lyon Jenkins?
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we are proud to represent injured victims in our Lubbock office and across Texas. Our dangerous drug lawyers understand how to build a compelling case for your compensation and will bring over thirty years of experience to the table for you.
Some reasons why you may want to work with our team include that:
- We represent more than 7,000 clients per year.
- We offer free case evaluations.
- We do not charge any upfront fees to get started with a case.
- We have offices in Houston, Tyler, Wichita Falls, El Paso, Beaumont, Lubbock, Odessa, and McAllen for your convenience.
We go to Work for You with no Out-of-Pocket Costs Required
Because we work based on contingency fees, you don’t have to worry about the cost of affording a case. We understand that many clients may wonder how they’ll be able to afford a lawyer—but when you work with our team, you don’t have to think about upfront fees.
By working based on contingency, we can assure you that we will only receive our payment if we win a settlement or award for you.
Call us Today for a Free Consultation
Call in the Strong Arm, and tell us more about how you’ve been harmed by a dangerous or defective drug. During your free case review, we will tell you how we can get to work for you today. Call us at (800) 777-7777 to learn more.