Were you or a loved one hurt in an accident with an Uber or Lyft rideshare vehicle? If so, our law firm in McAllen can help you recover compensation for your damages. Even though Uber and Lyft are multi-million-dollar companies, you do not need to seek financial recovery alone.
Loncar Lyon Jenkins can listen to your story, build your case, and prepare your case for trial – even though most cases are settled through insurance negotiations, per the American Bar Association (ABA). The sooner you connect with our firm, the sooner you can learn about how the Strong Arm can advocate for you.
We Can Determine Whether You Have a Personal Injury Case
In the aftermath of the collision, you may be unsure whether you have a valid personal injury case. Do not make any assumptions regarding your circumstances; let our team evaluate your situation for you.
We can help if you were injured as a:
- Rideshare driver
- Pedestrian or bicyclist
As long as we can prove that another party’s negligence resulted in your accident, injuries, and losses, we can pursue damages on your behalf.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
How does the Statute of Limitations Affect Your Case?
Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 is Texas’s statute of limitations. Under this law:
- You have two years from the date of your rideshare accident in McAllen to sue the at-fault party.
- You have two years from the date of your loved one’s passing to bring your wrongful death case to court.
Two years may seem like a generous amount of time – right now. However, as you recover from your injuries, weigh your legal options, and adjust to your life, time can pass in an instant.
By contacting Loncar Lyon Jenkins, you can protect your right to compensation by giving us enough time to file your lawsuit.
You Can Recover Both Economic and Non-Economic Damages
We will calculate the value of your losses based on the facts of your case. We will take into account your quality of life, missed time from work, and medical expenses when totaling your losses.
Here are some examples of damages that your rideshare accident lawyer in McAllen can get for you:
Past and Future Healthcare Expenses
Your injuries may require extensive medical care. Yet, you should not forgo any procedures because of concerns regarding cost. If successful, these expenses could be included in your final settlement or court award.
Some specific types of healthcare expenses that you can recover include:
- Diagnostic procedures
- Residency at a care facility
- Imaging scans (like x-rays and ultrasounds)
- Physical therapy, occupational therapy, and hydrotherapy
- Assistive medical devices
- In-home health aides
We will calculate the total of your lost income by evaluating your profession, looking at your number of hours, and speaking to your employer. In the past, we have recovered clients’ lost wages, tips, commissions, and bonuses.
Pain and Suffering
To determine the cost of your pain and suffering, we will need to look at the following factors:
- The types of injuries you suffered
- Your day-to-day function
- Whether you lost a loved one
- The accident’s impact on your spousal relationship
- Whether you can maintain full-time employment
We can also explain whether Texas imposes any caps on the amount of pain and suffering you can receive.
Scarring or Disfigurement
If you were in an accident, you could have suffered burns, the loss of a limb, or other disfiguring injuries. Our team can determine the impact of your condition on your physical appearance and decide whether you qualify for compensation.
These damages are just a few types your lawyer serving McAllen can recover on your behalf. If you have questions about recovering an expense that we did not mention above, we can encourage you to reach out to Loncar Lyon Jenkins.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
How Our Rideshare Accident Lawyers Can Help You
Our goal is to recover compensation for your losses. To do that, however, we will need to undertake a variety of obligations on your behalf, some of which include:
When we approach the insurer or rideshare company, we will need to have proof that you were hurt and suffered damage. We can utilize the following information:
- The police report
- Screenshots of your rideshare transaction (if you were hurt as a rideshare driver or passenger)
- Receipts pertaining to your losses
- Information from your doctor
- Photos of the accident scene, the involved vehicles, and your injuries
- Testimony from accident reconstruction specialists
- Traffic camera recordings
The strength of your case will hinge on the strength of your evidence.
Negotiating a Settlement
The liable insurer may be less than willing to pay what you are owed. In this instance, we will present your case’s evidence and attempt to negotiate a settlement. This stage of the legal process could take some time, depending on whether your costs are still evolving.
If the insurer refuses to settle or play by the rules, we will file a lawsuit directly against the negligent party.
Litigating your case
Odds are, your case will be settled before a lawsuit is necessary. However, if your case goes to court, we can do the following:
- Compile, submit, and exchange evidence
- Interview field experts and eyewitnesses
- File your case on time through the appropriate channels
- Explain your options
- Continue negotiating outside of court
- Carry out necessary courtroom procedures
Take Advantage of Our Free Consultation
Not only does it cost you nothing upfront to hire our team, but it also costs you nothing to discuss your case with us. During your free case review, we will ask you questions about your situation and determine whether we are a good match. If we work together, we will start building your case immediately,
Feel free to ask us the following questions during your consultation:
- How long will it take to resolve your case?
- What is the average settlement for Uber and Lyft rideshare accident cases in McAllen?
- What is your pain and suffering worth?
- What are your legal options?
Call in the Strong Arm Today
To connect with Loncar Lyon Jenkins, dial (877) 239-4878. The road to financial recovery could be just a phone call away.