The increasing popularity of rideshare services like Uber and Lyft has also led to an increase in traffic accidents, some of which are fatal. If you or a loved one was injured in a rideshare accident, call our office at (877) 239-4878. Loncar Lyon Jenkins wants to help you fight for your rights and for fair compensation. An Odessa Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer will cost you nothing until you get your compensation.
HOW RIDESHARE ACCIDENTS CAN HAPPEN
In 2018, Forbes reported that rideshare services, far from keeping people safe as they often claim, have increased the number of car accident fatalities in the United States by about 987 deaths per year.
How do such accidents happen? In some cases, a rideshare driver may be so preoccupied with checking devices or getting to their next fare that they fail to follow the rules of the road. In cases where the rideshare driver is not at fault, the other driver could just as easily have had other things on their mind, like texting a friend or checking the radio. Distracted driving, according to the Texas Department of Transportation, is a widespread, deadly problem that is responsible for about one out of every five car accidents in the state.
But overall, it comes down to simple mathematics. Rideshare services put more cars on the road. More cars means there are more chances for collisions. And more collisions mean that more people like you suffer the emotional, physical, and financial consequences of being in a car accident.
No matter how your rideshare accident happened or which car you were in, Loncar Lyon Jenkins may be able to help you fight for compensation. Contact our office at (877) 239-4878. The call is free, and you only have to pay us when you win your case.
For a free legal consultation with a Uber And Lyft Rideshare Accidents lawyer serving Odessa, call 877-239-4878
YOU MAY QUALIFY FOR COMPENSATION
If you are considering suing for compensation, you will need to take stock of the damages and injuries you suffered because of the accident. For legal purposes, each of these injuries must be categorized as either an economic damage or a noneconomic damage.
Economic damages cover monetary expenses or losses you sustained because of the accident. Here are a few examples:
- Repair bills: your car needed fixing or replacing, or you had to rent a car while waiting for yours to be fixed.
- Medical bills: you went to a doctor, got a prescription, had surgery, hired a home health nurse, or got any other medical treatment for your injuries. You may also get compensation for travel expenses related to your treatment.
- Loss of wages or benefits: your injuries forced you to stay home from work, depriving you of your usual income and job-related benefits.
- Loss of earning capacity: your injuries impacted your career, making it impossible for you to work or earn as much as you would have expected before the accident.
Noneconomic damages cover mental and/or physical injuries you sustained because of the accident. Examples of noneconomic damages include:
- Pain and suffering: this category can be quite broad. It encompasses any and all physical pain caused by your injuries, as well as any mental stress or disorders related to the accident.
- Scarring or disfigurement: your injuries have left you with a permanent, obvious, even painful mark.
- Reduced quality of life: activities and pursuits you enjoyed before the accident are now out of your reach.
- Loss of consortium: your marital relationship with your spouse was negatively impacted by your injuries, or your spouse died in the accident.
While you certainly have the right to seek compensation after an accident, that right does not last forever. Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 generally gives you two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit, and two years from the date of your loved one’s death to file a wrongful death lawsuit. After this date, if you have not already started your suit, you may no longer be entitled to compensation.
Odessa Uber And Lyft Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
THE BENEFITS OF LEGAL REPRESENTATION
Loncar Lyon Jenkins understands that car accidents can be difficult to recover from. No matter how much you need compensation, you may not want to put yourself and your family through the stress of a lawsuit. Fortunately, an Odessa Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer from our firm may take on all legal responsibilities, including:
- Leading the investigation: we will pursue every possible piece of evidence, from medical and repair bills to police reports and eyewitness statements.
- Identifying and communicating with liable parties: to begin your lawsuit, you must notify the party or parties you are suing. We can identify all liable parties during our investigation, and then we can handle all communications with them and their representatives so you do not have to.
- Negotiating on your behalf: do not worry about how you will confront the liable party’s insurance company. Your lawyer will represent you at the negotiating table and fight hard for every dollar.
- Going to trial: as with negotiations, if your case goes to trial, you do not have to file any forms or argue in front of a jury. Your lawyer will manage the trial from start to finish.
- Updating you: we will touch base with you regularly, informing you of changes in your case and advising you about next steps. You can either visit us at our Odessa office, or, if you are unable to travel, allow us to come visit you, wherever you are in the state.
If you or a loved one were injured in an accident involving a rideshare car, it is time to call in the Strong Arm. An Odessa Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins may be able to help you fight for the compensation you deserve. Call us at (877) 239-4878 so we can get right to work for you.