Although slip and fall cases happen every day around the United States, they are not to be taken lightly. Even the slightest slip and fall accident can have significant and long-lasting physical effects on a victim. When you retain the services of a lawyer with Loncar Lyon Jenkins serving Odessa, we will fight with your future in mind.
In addition to holding the negligent parties accountable for the physical pain that resulted from your accident, your lawyer may fight to protect your right to compensation. You could seek an award for any financial suffering and mental anguish you have been forced to endure. We want your settlement to reflect the damage that has been done.
What Happens when You Call in the Strong Arm for Help with Your Case
There is no law that requires you to hire a slip and fall accident lawyer to seek a claim for your injuries. However, many victims choose to retain their services. This is because it allows the victim to focus on their recovery while the lawyer handles the legal proceedings.
Here are some of the things our lawyers can do for you:
- Obtain a copy of the incident report
- Gather photos and/ or review video footage of the accident
- Determine who is liable for your injuries
- Talk to witnesses
- Take on communication with the other parties involved
- Negotiate a settlement with the insurer
- Adhere to deadlines imposed by the state
- Bring a lawsuit against the liable party, if necessary
- Advocate for you in trial, if your case comes to that
We know the legal world can seem like a tall hill to climb. This is why we are happy to offer our potential clients a complimentary initial consultation. We also work on contingency, so you are not to pay us anything up front or hourly for our services. Your lawyer will only take their payment after they have secured a settlement or court award for you.
With this fee arrangement, you can rest easy knowing that we are simply here to fight for what you may be entitled to collect.
For a free legal consultation with a Slip and Fall Accidents lawyer serving Odessa, call 877-239-4878
Damages That Might Be Available to You Following a Slip and Fall
At first glance, we can’t give you a ballpark number for how much compensation you can receive. This is because every case comes with its own set of circumstances. However, when you come to us, we can review your situation in its entirety. Our team will determine which damages you can recover.
Common damages in slip and fall accidents are:
- Past and expected medical costs
- Pain and suffering
- Lost income
- Diminished earning power
- Mental anguish
- Lost quality of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
Sometimes, people might succumb to their slip and fall injuries. In that case, you pursue wrongful death damages, which typically include:
- Burial and funeral expenses
- Final medical expenses
- Lost financial support
- Loss of consortium or companionship
Odessa Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
How Long You Have to Pursue Compensation
If we can’t settle your case in negotiations, we will file a lawsuit against the liable party. We must act quickly, as Texas Civil Practice and Remedies § 16.003 typically enforces a two-year window to take action. Personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits have to uphold this time frame.
If you fell on public property and the city government is responsible for your injuries, the timeline may be even shorter.
In any event, let us know about your claim soon. If we fail to abide by this timeline, the courts might prohibit you from collecting any compensation related to your slip and fall accident.
Contact our Odessa Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys today
These Common Causes Lead to Slip and Fall Accidents
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), around 800,000 people are hospitalized each year due to slip and fall injuries. Of these injuries, the most common are injuries to the hips and head, with many injuries resulting in traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) and broken bones.
These injuries might be devastating for individuals over the age of 65, since 95 percent of all hip fractures occur after a fall. Many slip and fall cases come from nursing homes, where staff do not always do their part to keep residents safe.
While there are infinite ways for a slip and fall case might occur, many cases are caused by the same core acts of negligence. These may include:
- Cords left unattended or not properly fastened down, causing victims to trip
- Poor building construction, such as loose floorboards, improperly built steps, or rises in the floor without appropriate warnings to passersby
- Insufficient lighting, which may make it hard for a victim to see where they are going and can make surfaces appear stable when they are not
- Slick surfaces, often caused by janitorial staff or spills that have not been cleaned up
- Surfaces that have not been prepped for the weather, such as rain, snow, or sleet, which may cause victims to slip without warning
- Broken handrails or railings that have otherwise been neglected, thus failing to give the victim the support they need to prevent themselves from falling from a ledge
- Improper footwear, which often comes into play for employees of restaurants or similar businesses where the floor may often be slick
You might be unsure how your case occurred in Odessa, However, a slip and fall accident lawyer with our firm may be able to investigate your accident. This way, we might determine who may be liable for your injuries. In doing so, we may work to prove negligence so that you can be compensated.
Victims should not have their lives ruined with no consequence. If another party’s negligence was the root cause of the accident, the at-fault party should be responsible.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What to Do After Your Fall
After your slip and fall case occurs, it is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible. A doctor’s visit may also help prove the extent of your injuries. However, if you feel well enough to do so, it may be helpful to take a picture of where you fell.
Getting the names and contact information of any eyewitnesses to the accident may also help prove your version of events. In many cases, the offender may try to disprove your version of events and pretend like they did nothing wrong. Contact information of eyewitnesses can give you a leg up in proving your losses.
Our Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers Serving Odessa Fight for Compensation
One of our lawyers may be able to fight for your compensation and help you get your life back after a slip and fall injury. No matter what, Loncar Lyon Jenkins will be here to stand up for you in our justice system.
To learn more, call our representative today at (877) 239-4878 and receive a free, no-obligation consultation. When you call Loncar Lyon Jenkins, you bring in the Strong Arm to your case.