In East Texas, the oil industry is a significant and important presence. However, employees and visitors at an oilfield have the right to a safe environment. If you were injured in an oilfield accident – whether from an explosion, an oil fire, a slip and fall, or another type of accident – our legal team can help.
A Tyler oilfield accident lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins can assist you or your family member in seeking compensation. We will investigate your case to determine if someone else was legally responsible for the accident and your injuries. Then, we could file an insurance claim or a lawsuit. We offer free consultations so you can readily learn your options.
Your Legal Options After an Oilfield Accident in Tyler, TX
If you were working as an employee when you suffered an oilfield injury and your employer carries workers’ compensation insurance, you could file a workers’ compensation claim. There is typically a limit to these benefits.
To seek additional forms of compensation not available through workers’ compensation, our team will explore filing a third-party claim or lawsuit. In other words, we’ll determine if someone can be held legally liable for your injury.
Liable parties in an oilfield accident could include:
- A property owner
- Subcontractors or contractors
- Your employer
- A parts maker or manufacturer
- A motorist
For a free legal consultation with a Oilfield Accidents lawyer serving Tyler, call 877-239-4878
Compensation Available for Injured Oilfield Claimants
Whether you were an employee working at an oilfield site or were injured in another capacity, you could be in serious pain. Your injuries could also cause significant harm beyond the direct impact on your health.
We can seek compensation for your damages after an oilfield accident, including:
- Medical costs for past, present, and future expenses
- Lost income
- Reduced earning capacity
- Physical pain and discomfort
- Mental anguish, which may manifest in conditions such as depression and anxiety
- Losing most or all of your independence
- Facing unwanted changes in your relationships with loved ones and friends
You could seek other forms of compensation beyond those listed here.
Compensation Is Available If You Lost a Loved One
Losing a loved one can leave family members overwhelmed – not just with grief, but with costs and many other burdens.
Our legal team will offer compassionate guidance and seek your loved one’s:
- Medical bills
- Funeral expenses
- Lost income
- Non-economic losses, such as pain and suffering
Tyler Oilfield Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
How Our Attorneys Serving Tyler Can Help with Your Injury Case
Our goal is to obtain the compensation you need to ensure your financial stability. To do so, we will:
- Collect evidence of negligence
- Determine the cause of your oilfield accident
- Obtain documentation of your injuries
- Initiate your lawsuit
- Obtain help from experts
- Negotiate a settlement on your behalf
- Take your lawsuit to trial if necessary
- Defend your rights
- Explain your financial recovery options
We Will Determine the Safety Hazards That Contributed to Your Accident
According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), those responsible for an oilfield must ensure workers’ safety.
You may be entitled to collect compensation for your injury-related losses if these and other safety concerns contributed to your accident:
- You were not adequately trained.
- Other workers were not adequately trained.
- You were not made aware of any hazards that contributed to your injuries.
- The oilfield where you were injured was unsafe in some way, either from malfunctioning equipment or inadequate safety procedures.
Determining and proving liability for an oilfield accident case can be complicated. This is where our team comes in. We will work to show that:
- Someone owed you a duty of care.
- They breached that duty of care, causing your injuries and damages.
- You deserve compensation for your hardships.
We Will Go Up Against an Oilfield Company or Another Party to Prove Liability
When an oilfield accident happens, the negligent party may work to downplay their liability as soon as possible. As a result, it may become increasingly difficult to access evidence for your case.
However, our team is familiar with these challenges in oilfield accidents—and we know how to gather compelling evidence to show what happened, how you were injured, and who was responsible.
We Will File an Insurance Claim or Lawsuit for You
Once we understand who is liable for your injuries and gather sufficient evidence, we can file an insurance claim or civil lawsuit. This means that we may negotiate an out-of-court settlement that covers your losses.
On the other hand, we may go to trial to seek the best possible recovery, especially if the liable insurance company doesn’t make a fair offer. If we file a lawsuit, we will do so within Texas’s statute of limitations.
Per Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, we generally have two years to file suit after an injury. Some exceptions may apply.
Contact our Tyler Oilfield Accident Attorneys today
Types of Oilfield Accidents Our Attorneys Can Help You with
Many types of accidents result from hazardous oil field conditions. These include:
- Slip and fall incidents, which are potentially caused by oil slicks or improperly constructed flooring
- Trip and fall accidents, which could be due to clutter in walkways or other foreseeable hazards
- Oil well blowouts, which may come from the rapid buildup of pressure, but may be contained with proper systems
- Transportation accidents, since accidents can occur during the transportation of oil or other oil processing equipment
- Falling materials, such as heavy pipes and other machinery
- Oil fires, which may cause significant physical harm
- Machinery accidents, such as accidents that cause one or more of your body parts to be caught or trapped in heavy machinery
- Defective equipment, when parts do not work as intended
- Explosions, which may be due to improper or inadequate safety practices
You may have been injured in other accident scenarios beyond those listed above.
You May Be Suffering From These Types of Oilfield Injuries
Oilfield accidents can be catastrophic. Some of the injuries that could occur because of an oilfield accident may include:
- Burns, which may be the product of an explosion or oil fire
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries, which Mayo Clinic notes may cause a series of potentially-chronic symptoms
- Spinal cord injury
- Nerve damage
- Damage to internal organs
- Internal bleeding
Our attorneys are ready to fight for compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Learn how Our Oilfield Accident Attorney Can Help During a Free Consultation
Our oilfield accident lawyers serving Tyler can pursue any compensation that you are entitled to. Call in the Strong Arm by calling Loncar Lyon Jenkins today for a free consultation. Do not wait to call, as there is limited time to take action for your case.
Reach our team today at (877) 239-4878.