Were you seriously hurt in a car accident in Amarillo, Texas? Are you anxious to recover the compensation you need to cover your costs and move forward with your life? If so, we can help you.
An Amarillo car accident lawyer at Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help you seek financial recovery from the party that caused the collision. You can weigh your legal options during a free case consultation with us. We can go to work promptly on your case without upfront attorney’s fees. Our personal injury lawyers in Amarillo work on a contingency-fee basis, so we get paid only if we recover compensation for you. You can learn more during a free consultation.
Pursuing Compensation After an Auto Accident in Amarillo
Car accident expenses can balloon quickly, often leaving victims unable to keep up with accident-related bills and those they had before the collision. In many cases, they miss out on the income they need because they haven’t worked since the accident. The financial award we can seek for you will factor in these losses and others. Common recoverable accident damages are:
- Medical expenses (including emergency and ongoing care)
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Lost income, wages, tips, bonuses
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional suffering
- Disfigurement and permanent scarring
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of companionship
- Wrongful death (if you lost a loved one to a collision in Amarillo)
Our personal injury attorney serving Amarillo will assess your financial and non-financial damages as they estimate the value of your case. We will also determine a dollar figure for losses you can’t easily document with a receipt, such as pain and suffering. Factors unique to your accident can affect your award amount. This includes the severity of your injuries and how long your recovery period is expected to be.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Who Is Liable for Compensating You for Your Damages in an Amarillo Car Accident?
Figuring out who is responsible for causing your motor vehicle accident is an important step in your case. This is the party who we will seek out to compensate you for your damages.
To determine fault, we must investigate how your accident occurred. For example, if a drunk driver hit your car, we can examine them for liability and search for evidence to establish liability. We could also investigate dram shops for liability if these establishments oversold or served alcohol to the driver who hit you.
If the drunk driver was already under the influence when they purchased the alcohol in question, the dram shop could be partially at fault for your injuries. Other parties that can be liable in Amarillo car accident cases include:
- Contractors and subcontractors
- Government officials and agencies
- Maintenance technicians and safety inspectors
- Auto parts manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, and designers
- Motor vehicle dealerships and executives
- Other third parties
How Our Amarillo Car Accident Lawyer Can Help You Seek Fair Compensation
You are not alone in your fight for financial compensation for your car accident in Amarillo. Our injury lawyer and team will manage every stage of your case. From start to finish, we will be working for you. We investigate your case to determine what happened and why. We also gather and review evidence in your case that helps us build your case against the liable party. This includes photos and video footage, and witness statements, if available.
We also can:
- Protect your interests and rights throughout the legal process
- Manage communications with the liable party’s insurance and legal representatives
- Negotiate with the insurer for fair compensation
- File an injury lawsuit with the court if we can’t resolve your case without going to trial
- Give you regular updates about your case
You can leave your legal matters in our hands while you focus on caring for your injuries. We are here to answer your questions and address any concerns you have.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
You Have a Limited Time to File an Amarillo Car Accident Lawsuit
Per Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, you generally have two years to file your personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. We encourage you to file your lawsuit as soon as you can. If you miss the deadline, you risk losing your right to sue for damages.
Common Types of Car Accidents That May Entitle You to a Settlement in Amarillo
How your car accident occurred in Amarillo will give us a better idea of who is responsible for causing your injuries and therefore liable, for your damages. Common types of Amarillo car accidents include:
- Sideswipe accidents
- T-bone accident
- Rear-end collisions
- Head-on collisions
- Rollover accidents
- Single vehicle accidents
- Multi-vehicle accidents
- Accidents at intersections
- Highway accidents
- Accidents caused by drunk drivers
- Accidents caused by distracted drivers
- Blindspot accidents
- Tire blowout
If you were involved in another type of car accident that does not appear above, you could still have the opportunity to move forward with your insurance or civil claims. To explore your legal options further, be sure to contact an Amarillo car accident attorney for details.
Amarillo Car Accident Injuries to Sue For
Many car accident victims in Amarillo are under the impression that they must have suffered life-threatening injuries to sue. However, this is not the case. The type of injury you have does not determine if you have grounds for an insurance claim or civil lawsuit. What matters is how your injuries affect your life.
Injuries you could sue for after a car accident in Amarillo include:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Compound fractures and broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries and head injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Neck and back injuries
- Internal injuries and organ failure
- Contusions, abrasions, and lacerations
You can get help with seeking the awards you need to cover your current and future medical expenses when you reach out to our car accident attorney in Amarillo.
What to Do After a Car Crash in Amarillo, TX
There are several steps an accident victim can take after a collision to begin the legal process. Whether you and your legal team decide to pursue a personal injury claim or lawsuit against the at-fault party, the following actions could support your case:
- Visiting a doctor as soon as possible. After your crash, seeing a doctor can help prove the injuries you suffered were caused by the accident. Your medical records can be used as evidence in your case, as can statements from the medical professionals that treated you.
- Collecting evidence at the accident scene. If you are suffering from severe injuries, it’s not likely that you were able to gather evidence at the accident scene. This is not something to worry about, as your personal injury law firm can gather evidence for you. If your injuries allow, however, you may want to start gathering proof of the incident such as photos, videos, a crash report, and the contact information of any witnesses.
- Consider reaching out to an auto accident lawyer. Your attorney can help you through your automobile accident case by determining liability, gathering evidence, and completing all paperwork for you. We can hold the at-fault driver accountable while you focus on your recovery.
Call Us Today for Help From a Car Accident Lawyer in Amarillo
Car accident insurance and civil claims are often complex, and we are here to help you and your family figure them out. Our Amarillo car accident lawyer at Loncar Lyon Jenkins will handle the legalities of your case. Focus on healing from your injuries while we build a compelling case against those responsible for your damages.
You can get a no-cost, risk-free consultation today with our team. You can find out how much your case is worth and determine the best next steps. You can reach us through our quick contact form or by phone to get started on your case.