Accidents can happen to anyone. Sometimes, the results of an accident are minimal. But accidents can also result in severe disability and other injuries that have a long-term impact.
After experiencing a catastrophic injury in Amarillo, our lawyers can help you receive compensation. An Amarillo personal injury lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help you with your case.
What Is a Catastrophic Accident?
Catastrophic accidents cause damage that is both significant and long-lasting. A catastrophic accident is a type of personal injury accident, but its results are particularly severe. A vast number of accidents can lead to catastrophic injuries. Injuries that would be catastrophic include the following:
- The amputation of one or more limbs
- Severe burns that lead to permanent disfigurement
- Head injuries that cause brain damage and impaired thinking ability
- Spinal cord injuries that cause loss of movement or ability to feel
Catastrophic injuries can lead to a decline in your quality of life. You may be unable to work like you used to or be able to interact with others in the same way. Often, catastrophic injuries have a high financial cost attached. These costs can lead many to seek compensation from those responsible.
Types of Catastrophic Injury Accidents
Our legal team can help you seek fair compensation if you suffered severe injuries in any of the following accidents:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Construction Accidents
Our team can pursue the liable parties through an insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit. We can handle the communications and negotiations with insurance companies and defense attorneys for you. If we cannot negotiate a fair settlement, we are prepared to take legal action and represent you in a trial.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Steps to Take After a Catastrophic Accident
Despite the severity of catastrophic accidents, it is essential to stay calm and reach out to the right people after experiencing a catastrophic accident. Prompt medical treatment is critical. Early intervention and emergency medical care can help minimize your accident’s long-term fallout.
For example, suppose you experience a head injury. In that case, doctors must act quickly to minimize damage and, in some cases, prevent death. After a catastrophic injury, get the medical treatment you need and follow the advice of medical professionals when it comes to follow-up.
Data Collection and Legal Help
Throughout your treatment, keep track of your medical bills and other expenses you encounter. This can impact how much you may be able to receive in compensation.
You might not be able to collect evidence at the scene of the accident or event. However, the data you do collect can be helpful in pursuing a compensation claim later. If possible, you or someone with you can document the accident through pictures and video. This evidence can show both what happened and the injuries you sustained.
Finally, you can seek help from a qualified attorney to help you understand your legal options in your catastrophic injury case.
Compensation After a Catastrophic Accident
After a catastrophic accident, you may be able to recover substantial amounts in compensation. However, it will depend on what happened in your specific circumstances. In general, the more severe the accident’s impact, the more you may be able to recover in compensation.
You may be able to recover compensation for your losses, both tangible and intangible. For example, you may be able to recover compensation to help cover your medical bills from surgeries, rehab, and physical therapy. But your accident may also have led to declines in your quality of life and your ability to enjoy life. In some cases, you may be able to receive compensation for these difficulties as well.
Working with a dedicated attorney can help improve your chances of receiving the maximum amount in compensation.
Wrongful Death Damages
Often, catastrophic injuries turn fatal. If you lost a loved one due to someone else’s negligence, our Amarillo wrongful death lawyers can help. We can file a wrongful death lawsuit and seek the following awards for your family:
- Funeral and burial/cremation services
- Your loved one’s accident-related medical expenses
- Your loved one’s income
- Your loved one’s pain and suffering
While you grieve this loss and honor their memory, our legal team can handle all the legal legwork.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
How Does Working with a Catastrophic Accident Lawyer Help Me?
Catastrophic accident lawyers understand the specific laws and nuances that will apply to your case. If you choose to work with our personal injury law firm, we may be able to help you in the following areas:
- Go over what happened in your case to determine who was responsible for your catastrophic accident
- Review your legal options and who you may be able to collect compensation from
- Walk you through the process of filing your claim
- Help you fill out the appropriate paperwork so that you don’t miss any deadlines
- Negotiate on your behalf to settle with those responsible for your catastrophic accident
- Take your case to trial as needed and present the evidence for your case
- Answer your legal questions along the way to make the process as simple as possible for you
Legal Costs in a Catastrophic Accident Case
If you have a lot of costs from your catastrophic accident, the last thing you want to be worried about is legal fees. We understand that people need legal help to know their next steps and that sometimes the first firm you try isn’t going to fit what you need.
That’s why our personal injury lawyers use a contingency fee structure. Under this system, we will only charge you for our legal services if we help you recover compensation. And your initial consultation is always free.
Our Client Testimonials
We are proud to serve our clients in the Amarillo area and all over the state of Texas. Many of our clients have been highly satisfied with our services. Here is what just a couple of our clients wrote after working with us:
- “I would highly recommend Bill Hymes for any case. He handled my case wonderfully and took great care of me. I am very happy with the care he took to ensure I was happy throughout the entire process.” –Lauren W.
- “Attorney William Hymes was very diligent and successful in pursuing what I believed was a hopeless situation. A hit-and-run accident changed my ability to work and function normally. Mr. Hymes and his team surprised me two and a half years later with a settlement I was not expecting and needed so desperately. They kept me up to date and didn’t give up. They have been very accommodating, and I will call him and their team if I ever need a strong and reliable attorney who cares!! Thanks so much, Loncar!” –Mia J.
Get Started on Your Amarillo Catastrophic Injury Case with a Free Consultation Today
Your catastrophic accident case starts with an honest conversation. The legal team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins is ready to get started with your case through a free consultation. This consultation lets us go over your case and allows you to ask questions about our firm and how we can help you. Our personal injury attorneys are ready to help you or your loved one who experienced a catastrophic accident.
You can contact us today to get started.