Motorists are responsible for their state of alertness while driving. Drivers have a legal obligation to take action if they feel themselves becoming tired while behind the wheel.
Being fatigued while driving may lead to:
- A driver closing their eyes for unsafe lengths of time
- A driver falling asleep
- A driver causing an accident resulting in injury or death
Those who fail to recognize and act upon their own fatigue put others at risk of harm. The National Safety Council (NSC) reports that driving while fatigued shares many of the same effects as driving while intoxicated. If a drowsy driver causes an accident, they could be held responsible for any resulting damages. You or a loved one may be entitled to compensation if you suffered losses because of a fatigued driver. An Arlington accident caused by driver fatigue lawyer can help with every aspect of your case.
Call in the Strong Arm by calling Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at (877) 239-4878 for a free consultation.
Every Motorist Is At-Risk of Fatigued Driving
Nobody is exempt from the risk of drowsy driving. Everybody is human, and therefore, susceptible to fatigue while driving. However, some drivers are at a higher risk of drowsy driving than others. For instance, those who drive long hours may be likely to become drowsy while driving.
This may include the following groups:
- Long-haul truck drivers
- Ridesharing drivers
- Food delivery drivers
- Those who are driving long distances for pleasure, such as those taking road trips
- People with long commutes
Other groups could also be susceptible to drowsy driving. This may include people who have medical conditions that cause spontaneous or persistent sleepiness, those who have consumed alcohol before driving, and those who take certain medications. Drivers who are not well-rested in general may also be more likely to be drowsy while driving, as explained by the NSC.
For a free legal consultation with a Driver Fatigue Accidents lawyer serving Arlington, call 877-239-4878
Avoiding Drowsy Driving
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) explains that drowsy driving is preventable. Motorists must understand that preventing drowsy driving is their own responsibility and that failing to do so could be the basis of a lawsuit against them.
Some ways that a motorist may avoid driving while drowsy include:
- Consuming stimulating beverages, such as coffee or tea, in a healthy manner
- Ensuring that they receive adequate sleep the night before driving for long periods
- Stopping to rest for short naps, if they feel that they are becoming drowsy
- Refraining from driving at certain periods of the day
- Avoiding alcohol before driving
- Avoiding medications that could cause drowsiness
Driving while listening to certain music may help you stay alert but could also become a distraction. In any case, motorists must ensure that they stay alert whenever they are driving because failing to do so could lead to injury or death.
A motorist whose drowsiness caused your accident may be liable for your losses. Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at (877) 239-4878 for details about how an Arlington accident caused by driver fatigue lawyer could help you.
Arlington Driver Fatigue Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
You May Have the Basis of an Insurance Claim or Lawsuit
Whether you are pursuing compensation on behalf of yourself or a loved one, you may not be physically or cognitively able to handle the legal process on your own. Hiring a lawyer could help you avoid the stress that can come from filing an insurance claim or lawsuit.
You may also have concerns about the cost of representation. At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we provide our assistance on a contingency-fee-basis. If your case is successful, you might not have to pay anything out of pocket for our services.
A lawyer from our team can:
Help You File a Personal Injury Claim
Your legal team will approach the liable party with the cause and cost of your damages and attempt to settle your case without going to court.
A lawyer will manage your insurance claim by:
- Handling communications with the involved insurance companies
- Determining the details of any relevant policy agreements
- Calculating how much your covered losses are worth
- Protecting you against any “bad faith” insurance practices
- Negotiating an insurance settlement
Your lawyer may be able to help you in ways not discussed here.
File a Personal Injury Lawsuit
Some insurance companies do not care about fairly compensating injured claimants. If your legal team decides that a lawsuit could meet your legal goals, then they will handle the obligations associated with going to court.
A lawyer can help you with a lawsuit by:
- Gathering all of the facts and evidence related to your accident
- Documenting the severity of your injuries
- Helping you file any documentation related to your accident
- Calculating the cost of your current losses while projecting your future losses
- Interviewing witnesses
- Hiring experts in fields relevant to your lawsuit
- Completing all lawsuit-related communications
- Negotiating a pre-trial settlement, if possible
You can call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today to learn more.
Contact our Arlington Driver Fatigue Accident Attorneys today
Determining Fair Compensation
Your lawyer will first need to calculate the cost of your losses to determine whether any settlement offers you receive are fair. An accident caused by driver fatigue may be one that causes serious injuries or death.
Your losses could include:
- The costs associated with wrongful death, such as funeral expenses
- The cost of your medical care
- The income lost by you or a loved one
- Pain and suffering
- Damage to your vehicle
- Harm to your earning capacity
You may be entitled to coverage for losses other than those we have listed here. Your lawyer will seek financial relief for any losses that you have experienced.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we can help you pursue a personal injury or wrongful death claim. We will not rest until your case is resolved.
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at (877) 239-4878 for a free consultation about hiring an Arlington accident caused by driver fatigue lawyer.
Call or text 877-239-4878 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form