Motorbike crashes cause devastating injuries and change the lives of the victims forever. Recovering from these collisions can be long, painful, and expensive for bikers and their loved ones. Fortunately, if you or a loved one suffered injuries in a motorcycle wreck in Arlington, TX, you have legal options. An Arlington personal injury lawyer with Loncar Lyon Jenkins can fight to recover damages from the negligent driver who caused your collision.
Before pursuing personal injury compensation or taking any settlement offer that comes your way, why not learn more about what our Arlington motorcycle accident lawyers can do for you? Our team of attorneys has tried many cases like yours, so we know what to expect while we represent you and are ready to help make things right for you and your family. We can help you get started by exploring your legal options. Call us today for a risk-free, no-cost consultation.
We Get Justice and Financial Awards for Arlington, TX Motorcycle Crash Victims
The road is a dangerous place for Arlington’s bike riders. Even if you follow the rules and obey all the traffic laws, the fact remains that drivers in cars, trucks, and other vehicles simply have more protection from crashes than motorcycle riders do. That is why they are also responsible for driving safely and ensuring they are not endangering motorcycle drivers.
You can wear your motorcycle helmet and other protective gear, drive safely, and avoid illegal behaviors like lane-splitting. However, negligent behavior from other drivers can put you in danger and cause an accident. Aggressive, speeding, drowsy, and intoxicated drivers can all cause accidents that result in severe and catastrophic injuries. A distracted driver who is eating or playing on their cell phone instead of paying attention to the road can also be a danger.
The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) has even introduced a safety campaign that focuses on how drivers of cars and trucks can better protect the motorcyclists who share the road with them. Drivers who act negligently and cause harm to motorcyclists need to be held accountable, and we can help. Our legal team will go all the way to get the financial justice you need and deserve.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Our Arlington, TX, Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Will Demand Full Recovery for You
You are not required to hire legal representation when you pursue a personal injury case, but one of our attorneys can do many things to assist you with your claim or lawsuit. Our attorneys will:
- File your case and begin the legal or insurance process
- Talk to all involved parties for you, including insurance companies and counsel for the opposing side
- Identify all economic and non-economic damages
- Negotiate fair compensation that covers all your post-accident losses
- Gather the evidence necessary to make your case
- Update you regularly on your case’s status
- Hold all liable parties accountable
- Protect your rights and interests, and ensuring you don’t say anything to jeopardize your injury case
Our attorneys cannot guarantee a specific outcome for your motorcycle accident case. However, you can be sure of one thing—our firm will fight to make things right for you and your family at every turn. We have helped thousands of Texans successfully secure compensation for personal injuries. We have a reputation for aggressive legal advocacy, and insurance companies and defense attorneys know we prepare every case for trial.
Furthermore, we make our services affordable and accessible by taking most injury cases on contingency. With this arrangement, you pay nothing up front or out of pocket. Instead, we take payment from a percentage of your settlement or verdict. If we do not win your case, we do not collect attorney fees.
Texas’ Statute of Limitations Deadline Limits How Long You Have to Take Legal Action
Our personal injury lawyers can help by ensuring you file your case before the statute of limitations expires. Under Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, you have just two years to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. You do not want to miss this deadline because it could mean losing the chance to pursue damages.
If your window of time runs out, the court will likely dismiss your case. Knowing you no longer have the option of taking legal action, insurance companies may also use it as a reason to deny your settlement or reduce your claim.
Our legal team can get to work on your case immediately. This also allows us to collect and preserve case evidence before it is too late. For example:
- Witnesses’ memories can fade
- Surveillance, cell phone, or dashcam footage can get erased
- Broken glass, debris, and other physical evidence can get cleaned up and removed from the roadway
- Vehicles can get repaired before evidence of the collision gets documented
- Injuries can heal before getting photographed or examined
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Pursuing Fair Compensation Can Help You Move on After Your Arlington Motorcycle Accident
Our Arlington, TX, motorcycle accident lawyers want to help you get the compensation you need to cover all the financial losses of your bike accident. Your personal injury settlement or verdict should help you pay for:
Medical Expenses for Your Recovery
Your accident could result in immediate medical costs for hospital stays and other care, but that is not the only thing to worry about. Injuries from a motorcycle accident could also necessitate future medical care expenses and rehabilitation costs. We will consider all of these costs when calculating and fighting for your compensation.
Loss of Wages While You Were Away From Work
Your injuries might keep you out of work for an extended period of time. If you are the primary breadwinner in your family, these missed paychecks can cause a lot of financial distress. Our Arlington attorneys will seek compensation to make up for these lost wages and protect your financial stability.
Reduced Future Earning Potential
A motorcycle accident that leaves you with permanent disabilities or disfigurement can affect your ability to work. You might not be able to work in the same job, in the same industry, or for the same amount of hours. You might not be able to work at all. We will not ignore the loss of your future earning potential when pursuing damages.
Loss of Enjoyment of Life
Those injuries that can affect your ability to work can also affect your leisure time. You may not think it is a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but this loss of enjoyment matters. Your compensation should consider if you can no longer participate in hobbies, sports, or activities you once enjoyed.
Pain and Suffering
In addition, your awards should consider any other past and future physical pain, mental anguish, and emotional suffering experienced by you and your family. Our lawyers will seek fair compensation for your intangible losses, including loss of companionship, loss of consortium, and loss of quality of life.
Wrongful Death Damages
If your loved one suffered fatal injuries in a motorcycle accident in Arlington, Texas, please accept our condolences at this difficult time. We have helped many families pursue damages from the party that caused their relative’s motorcycle fatality. Our wrongful death attorney might be able to recover damages for your family. Generally, in Texas, surviving spouses, parents, and children can pursue a wrongful death lawsuit, according to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 71.004.
You could recoup the deceased’s medical bills, funeral expenses, burial and cremation costs, lost income, and awards for their lost support and services. Losing a loved one unexpectedly can cause a financial impact that affects motorcycle accident victims’ families, so we want to help yours while you’re on the path to recovery after losing your loved one.
We Could Hold Multiple Liable Parties Accountable in Your Arlington, TX, Bike Crash
Motorcycle wreck cases can have multiple liable parties, which often complicates the case. Our personal injury attorney will hold each party that caused harm accountable. Potential targets of a lawsuit can include:
- The driver who caused the accident
- The driver’s insurance company
- A bar or restaurant that overserved a drunk driver
- A company employing the driver (if they were working at the time)
- The manufacturer of a defective vehicle or faulty auto parts
- A roadway owner or entity in charge of maintenance
Every case is different, but what does not change is our lawyers’ commitment to holding all liable parties accountable for their negligent actions.
Injuries From Arlington, TX, Bike Crashes That Could Entitle Victims to Damages
Because motorcycles do not offer the same level of protection as passenger vehicles, injuries from a motorcycle accident can be quite serious. This is especially true when the motorcycle rider was not wearing a helmet. Potentially severe injuries can include:
- Road rash
- Cuts and bruises
- Broken bones
- Soft tissues damages
- Nerve damage
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spinal cord injury (SCI)
- Permanent disfigurement or disability
- Chronic pain
Some of these are catastrophic injuries, such as TBIs and SCIs, so they can leave behind lasting effects that affect your ability to live your life as you did before. If another driver’s negligence caused your motorcycle accident, a catastrophic injury attorney from our Arlington office can help you hold them responsible.
What You Should Do After a Motorcycle Accident in Arlington, TX
There are a few steps you can take following a motorcycle accident in Arlington to ensure your physical safety. These steps can also help you protect your case for financial recovery as well:
- Find a safe location: First, you should move off the road in Arlington to a safe location so that you don’t endanger yourself further. This step means leaving your bike where it is for the time being. Your safety takes priority.
- Check for injuries: Once in a safe location, check yourself for injuries. You should also follow up with a doctor as soon as possible. Your doctor can order tests and give a full diagnosis. Your medical report can show a connection between the accident and your injuries.
- Call 911: Call for emergency services and the police. You may need an ambulance, depending on the severity of your injuries, and law enforcement officers can generate an accident report. The police report will be a vital piece in your personal injury claim.
- Collect contact information: If you can, get the names and phone numbers of any witnesses. If possible, exchange information with the other driver. Don’t take blame, make accusations, or even have a lengthy conversation. Just stick with the basics. You don’t want what you said at the accident to be used against you later.
- Gather evidence: Take photos of the accident scene, your bike, your clothes, and your injuries. Write down what you remember from the accident. Make a note of any cameras in the area. Any information you collect could prove useful.
- Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins. The sooner you call a personal injury attorney to lead your case, the sooner they can start working for you. It takes time to build a compelling case for financial recovery, especially when multiple parties may owe the bike crash victim damages. As noted earlier, time limits start on the day a crash occurs. An attorney can protect your right to sue for damages as long as your case’s deadline hasn’t expired. They will protect your right to sue for the careless actions that led to the crash and keep your case on track.
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today After an Arlington, TX, Motorcycle Accident Case
Now is your chance to learn more about your legal options, and our law firm is ready to help. Contact Loncar Lyon Jenkins and ask for your free consultation. See what a lawyer serving Arlington, Texas, can do to help you make things right after your motorcycle accident.
There is no obligation to move forward with an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit, and we do not receive any money until we win your case. We look forward to hearing from you.