Changing weather or road conditions generally require motorists to change their behaviors if they want to keep themselves (and others) safe. Whether it is a downpour, the presence of fog, or a crew of workers on the side of the roadway, drivers must remain alert to the factors that can make driving more difficult and dangerous. When those dangers are heightened, drivers must take extra precautions than what they may exercise on a clear roadway on a sunny day.
If you or a loved one was injured or a family member passed away because a motorist did not properly adapt to road conditions, then an Austin accident caused by failure to heed changing weather or road condition lawyer may be able to help. Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at (800) 777-7777 for a free consultation about how we may help you pursue compensation for your losses.
Weather and Road Conditions Are Ever-Changing
The National Weather Service (NWS) summarizes the climate in Austin, making clear that those who drive in the city must be aware that the weather can change at any moment. The NWS’ findings note that:
- Weather conditions can vary significantly from one region of Austin to another, due to the city’s topography
- Austin receives about 34 inches of rainfall per year
- Temperatures can reach below freezing during winter, and winds may be greater in the winter months
In other words, drivers in Austin must be prepared for the weather to change and must know how to adapt their driving in inclement conditions. Beyond weather, Austin is subject to other changes in road conditions. These changes could include:
- The presence of work crews on or near the road
- Police officers who have pulled over other vehicles or are fulfilling other duties on the side of the road
- The presence of potholes and other structural defects in the road itself
- Objects that have fallen out of or off of other vehicles
- Glare caused by the position of the sun
- Changes in traffic patterns
While the act of driving may seem mundane for those who engage in it frequently, road conditions are never precisely the same. There are many variables that can contribute to an accident. Motorists have a responsibility to remain vigilant and adjust their driving to changing road conditions, including weather.
Changing Conditions Demand Precaution
The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) provides statistics about how weather conditions correlate with motor vehicle accidents. Some steps that motorists should take amidst changing road conditions are:
- Reducing speed
- Increasing the distance from the vehicle in front
- Using headlights and hazard lights as appropriate
- Using windshield wipers, de-fogging tools, and other safety-related features as necessary
- Keeping attention completely on the road
- Finding a safe place to pull off the road if they are not confident that they can operate their vehicle safely
A motorist may have failed to take these steps in adverse road conditions and may have injured you or a loved one because of their failures. Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at (800) 777-7777 for details about how an Austin accident caused by failure to heed changing weather or road condition lawyer could help you after an accident.
For a free legal consultation with a failure to heed changing weather or road condition accidents lawyer serving Austin, call 800-777-7777
You May Be Entitled to Compensation
Motorists who do not appropriately adjust to changing weather or road conditions may be negligent if they caused an accident. The American Bar Association (ABA) explains that a motorist may be negligent if they did not act as a reasonable person would have under the same conditions—that is, if they did not take necessary precautions amidst said changing conditions.
Your lawyer can help you decide whether an insurance claim or lawsuit is the most appropriate means of seeking compensation for your losses. If you choose to file an insurance claim, then your lawyer will:
- Handle communications with the insurance companies
- File your claim
- Try to seek a fair settlement
If you bring a lawsuit initially or after attempting to secure an insurance settlement, then your lawyer may:
- Calculate the value of all losses that could be covered through a lawsuit
- Identify all parties who have liability for your losses
- Collect evidence
- Document your injuries and medical care
- Handle administrative aspects of your lawsuit, such as filing documents and making court appearances
- Negotiating a settlement
- Defending your rights
The process of completing an insurance claim or lawsuit could be prolonged and complex. You may benefit significantly from having a lawyer to handle these processes for you. Your lawyer may be familiar with relevant statutes and may have handled similar claims and lawsuits to yours.
Your Lawyer Will Aim for Fair Compensation
Your lawyer’s goal will be to secure the compensation you deserve from at-fault parties. Every accident victim’s losses are unique, and so your lawyer will review all available evidence and documentation to prove all of the losses that you have suffered.
Some of the damages that you may have already suffered (or could suffer in the future) are:
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- The cost of medical care
- Diminished earning capacity
- The cost of damage to your vehicle
- The cost of temporary transportation
- The cost of care for psychological or emotional trauma
- The costs of losing a loved one
Your lawyer will work with you to determine all of the negative outcomes that have resulted from your accident. They will then seek compensation for those losses.
Austin Failure to Heed Changing Weather Or Road Condition Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-777-7777
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today
By calling Loncar Lyon Jenkins, you are calling in the Strong Arm to fight your case for compensation. We will make the pursuit of justice for you or your loved one our personal mission.
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at (800) 777-7777 to learn more about the benefits of hiring an Austin accident caused by failure to heed changing weather or road condition lawyer.