High winds can happen without any warning, posing a danger to drivers. If a driver is not paying attention and is not ready to respond to the sudden wind, an accident can happen. If the accident happens at high speed on the freeway or in close range to many other vehicles, devastating and painful injuries can result.
The injuries that result from a high-wind accident are often severe and life-altering for the victim. This can make it difficult for you to spend time exploring whether you should bring a claim against the person who caused the accident to take place. Luckily, you have legal options that include hiring an Austin high winds car accident lawyer.
If you were in an accident, you are probably wondering if you should get help from an Austin car accident lawyer. Loncar Lyon Jenkins is available to assist you with learning more about the legal process.
What a High Wind Car Accident Attorney from Our Law Firm Can Do to Help Your Case
If you were injured in an accident caused by high wind, you may be able to file an insurance claim or lawsuit to recover damages. Our personal injury law firm knows how to navigate the legal process, and we can hold any liable parties accountable for the injuries or property damage you suffered.
When you hire our personal injury attorneys, we can:
- Determine who is liable for the damages you suffered in your accident
- Document the economic and non-economic damages that resulted from your auto accident
- Point out the hazardous conditions you had to endure while driving because of the at-fault party
- Help you navigate the claims process
- Communicate with all other parties involved in your case, such as insurance companies or the liable party’s legal team
When you trust the team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins to manage your case, we will ease some of the stress you may feel when dealing with your Austin car accident. You do not need to navigate the legal process alone.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Recovering Damages With Our Auto Accident Lawyer After a High Wind Accident in Austin
It is critical to make sure that you list all of the damages that you have suffered as a result of the high wind accident. When you are in pain and facing potentially permanent injuries, it can be difficult to keep track of receipts and every penny that you have had to spend because of a careless driver.
Working with an Austin car accident lawyer can help you understand the different categories of damages that are available. It can also help you start keeping records of your expenses that can be used as evidence. Examples of damages you can recover include:
- Medical expenses including prescriptions, surgeries, doctor’s appointments, physical therapy, and more
- Lost income that you were unable to earn while recovering as well as compensation for any loss of earning capacity due to permanent injuries
- Pain and suffering for the physical discomfort your injuries are causing
- Mental anguish for the emotional stress and mental suffering that you have experienced
- Property damage if your car was damaged or destroyed in the accident
- Loss of enjoyment of life if your injuries prevent you from participating in activities you once enjoyed
If you have already spoken with an insurance company, it may be urging you to settle your claim for a lowball offer. Even if you are interested in settling, the process usually involves going back and forth with insurance companies and other parties who usually do not have your best interests in mind. Our legal team will negotiate on your behalf to seek a fair settlement.
How High Wind Accidents Happen in Austin, Texas
High winds can occur due to natural weather patterns. High winds can come with notice or seemingly occur out of nowhere.
According to the US Department of Transportation Federal Highway Authority’s Road Weather Management Program, high winds can create visibility issues by kicking up dust or blowing debris into the road, as well. This can cause traffic delays on top of increasing the risk that an accident will take place.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Proving Liability After a High Wind Accident in Austin
A high wind accident is a type of personal injury accident. This is important to note because there are certain things that someone who is injured in a personal injury accident must prove before they are awarded compensation.
In Texas, drivers have a responsibility to operate their vehicles in a certain way. This includes paying attention, not looking at their cell phones, and not driving under the influence. In general, drivers are required to drive with reasonable care and skill. This standard also takes into consideration the conditions on the road at the time an accident happened. In the case of high wind, for example, a reasonably careful driver would probably slow down to maintain control of the vehicle.
Our Personal Injury Attorneys Can Establish Negligence in Your High Wind Accident Case
Even if you can show that the driver who caused the accident was careless, there are a few more things that you have to prove before you will be awarded compensation. An important element of a personal injury case is called causation. According to this element, you must show that the other party’s failure to use reasonable care and skill was the direct cause of your injuries.
This can be one of the trickiest elements to prove. The other side will often try to argue that something else caused your accident. This is also why it is important to make sure that you have included all possible defendants in your claim. If you leave out a party who is partially responsible for the accident, it can reduce your compensation while creating issues when it comes to establishing causation.
If the person who caused the accident was working at the time of the crash, for example, then you might also have a claim against their employer. Parties we may find responsible for causing your accident include:
- A commercial vehicle driver or trucking company that did not train the driver to stop working in unsafe weather conditions
- A city agency that did not properly secure structures like power lines to sustain strong winds
- A driver who did not slow down their vehicle to compensate for strong winds or poor road conditions
Using Evidence to Prove the Liable Party Is Responsible for Compensating You After a High Wind Accident
There are a few different ways that you can prove that the other driver was not being reasonably careful at the time of the accident:
- A police report prepared at the scene of the crash or soon afterward
- Statements from other drivers or pedestrians who witnessed the accident
- Testimony from an expert witness who specializes in how weather affects road conditions
- Video footage of the accident
If you have questions about whether the person who caused your injuries failed to drive according to this standard, the Austin accident lawyers at Loncar Lyon Jenkins are here to help when you call for a free initial consultation. It’s important not to wait too long to start pursuing compensation. You generally only have two years to bring your personal injury lawsuit, according to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code §16.003.
We Are Standing By to Start Working on Your High Wind Accident Claim in Austin
Call in the Strong Arm. Loncar Lyon Jenkins will stand by you at every step of the process to make sure that you are being treated fairly. Do not wait too long to take legal action.
You can call our team today to begin working on your case. We offer a free consultation with no obligation to you.