If someone made an improper turn and you got hurt in an accident because of that action, an Austin accident caused by improper turns lawyer at Loncar Lyon Jenkins could help you hold the negligent party accountable for your losses. If your close relative died in a car accident, we might be able to pursue additional compensation for legal beneficiaries through a wrongful death action.
You did not ask to get injured. We believe that the careless person who caused the collision should bear the financial cost of your injuries, not you. We also handle car accident cases on a contingency-fee-basis. That means you do not pay us upfront legal fees. We get paid out of the settlement proceeds or award at the end of your case.
You can call us today at (877) 239-4878 to get a free, no-obligation consultation. Call in the Strong Arm to defend your legal rights.
How Improper Turns Could Cause Crashes
When someone makes an improper turn, their actions put everyone on the road at risk of harm.
Here are some examples of how improper turns can cause crashes:
- Turning left into the path of oncoming traffic. When a negligent driver cuts in front of moving vehicles to execute a left turn, the turning car can hit an oncoming vehicle head-on or strike the car’s side. These crashes can be lethal.
- Turning the wrong way. When a driver executes a turn only to find themselves against the flow of traffic, they can cause a head-on collision. Pulling into the exit of a parking lot instead of the entrance can cause a similar outcome.
- Failing to yield to the right of way. In some instances, people can turn right on red, but they are supposed to yield to drivers that have the right of way. Some people do not even slow down (much less look or yield) when turning right from one street to another. These actions can lead to crashes.
These are but a few scenarios in which an improper turn could cause an accident. If the details of your particular circumstance are not listed above, do not worry. We can explore all facets of your situation to determine fault and liability for your collision-related damages.
For a free legal consultation with a Improper Turns Accidents lawyer serving Austin, call 877-239-4878
How We Can Prove Liability in Your Improper Turn Accident Case
Even if the other driver made an improper turn, they might not be responsible for the accident. For instance, if your steering system was not functioning properly, causing you to turn into oncoming traffic, the vehicle’s manufacturer may hold some level of liability for your losses.
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we can build your case in accordance with the American Bar Association’s guidelines. To recover compensation for your damages, we must prove how the at-fault party acted negligently.
We must prove the following four elements:
- Duty of care. We must prove that the other party owed you a legal duty of care. Motorists, bicyclists, and pedestrians have a legal duty of care to prevent accidents.
- Breach of duty of care. When someone’s conduct does not measure up to the legal standard, it is negligence. For instance, let’s say that the other driver made an improper left turn instead of yielding to the flow of traffic. This action would constitute negligence because it puts others at risk of harm.
- Causation. Your Austin accident caused by improper turns lawyer must prove that the other party’s negligence caused the collision. In our aforementioned scenario, because the other driver made an improper turn, they caused your accident. This may make them responsible for your accident-related damages.
- Financial losses. Your legal team must use the receipts, invoices, and billing statements associated with your damages to prove that you sustained financial losses.
You do not have to figure out issues of liability by yourself. An Austin accident caused by improper turns lawyer at Loncar Lyon Jenkins can advocate on your behalf. You can call us today at (877) 239-4878 to get started.
Austin Improper Turns Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Damages in Improper Turn Accidents
It is impossible to say how much compensation you might recover for your improper turn injury case until after we talk to you and investigate your circumstances.
Here are some examples of monetary damages we have won for our clients:
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Medical expenses
- Future medical costs
- Long-term care
- Pain and suffering
You might have other types of losses as well.
Contact our Austin Improper Turns Accident Attorneys today
Avoid These Pitfalls After a Car Accident in Austin
The things that happen after a collision can decrease the amount of compensation you can pursue for your injuries.
Try to avoid these situations:
- Minimizing your injuries. No one likes to go to the doctor or hospital. Sometimes, people try to tough it out after a car accident instead of getting professional medical attention for their injuries. If you have not already gone to the emergency room, doctor, or urgent care center, you should do so at once. We need your medical records as evidence of your injuries.
- Missing the deadline. Texas law gives you very little time to file a lawsuit seeking compensation from the person who hurt you. According to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code §16.003, you usually have two years to file a lawsuit for compensation. If you miss the deadline, you can forever lose the right to go after monetary damages for your injuries.
- Disclosing too much information. Some insurance companies do not have claimants’ best interests in mind following a collision. While speaking with you, they may ask questions that force you to admit fault for the accident––even if it was not. If you agree to give a recorded statement, be aware that some things you say could be used against you later on.
There are many other potential dangers that could hurt your car accident injury case. Working with an attorney could help you avoid these problems and protect your right to compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Getting Legal Help for Your Austin Car Accident Injury Case
You do not have to battle the other party’s insurance company by yourself. When an Austin accident caused by improper turns lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins handles your injury claim, you can devote your energy and attention to getting well. You can call us today at (877) 239-4878 to see how we can help you.
Call or text 877-239-4878 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form