If someone made an improper turn in Austin and caused your car accident, our lawyer at Loncar Lyon Jenkins could help you hold the negligent party accountable for your losses. If your loved one suffered fatal injuries in a car accident, we can pursue compensation for your family through a wrongful death claim.
You did not ask to get injured. Our Austin car accident lawyers believe that the careless person who caused the collision should bear the financial cost of your injuries, not you. We also handle car accident cases on a contingency-fee basis. That means you do not pay us upfront legal fees. We get paid out of the settlement proceeds or award at the end of your case.
How Improper Turns Could Cause Crashes
When someone makes an improper turn, their actions put everyone on the road at risk of harm.
Here are some examples of how improper turns can cause crashes:
- Turning left into the path of oncoming traffic. When a negligent driver cuts in front of moving vehicles to execute a left turn, the turning car can hit an oncoming vehicle head-on or strike the car’s side. These crashes can be lethal.
- Turning the wrong way. When a driver executes a turn only to find themselves against the flow of traffic, they can cause a head-on collision. Pulling into the exit of a parking lot instead of the entrance can cause a similar outcome.
- Failing to yield to the right of way. In some instances, people can turn right on red, but they are supposed to yield to drivers who have the right of way. Some people do not even slow down (much less look or yield) when turning right from one street to another. These actions can lead to crashes.
These are but a few scenarios in which an improper turn could cause an accident. If the details of your particular circumstance are not listed above, do not worry. Our personal injury lawyers can explore all facets of your situation to determine fault and liability for your collision-related damages.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
How We Can Prove Liability in Your Improper Turn Accident Case
Even if the other driver made an improper turn, they might not be responsible for the accident. For instance, if your steering system was not functioning properly, causing you to turn into oncoming traffic, the vehicle’s manufacturer may hold some level of liability for your losses.
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we can identify all the liable parties in your motor vehicle accident and pursue compensation accordingly. To recover compensation for your damages, we must prove how the at-fault party or parties acted negligently.
We must prove the following four elements:
- Duty of care. We must prove that the other party owed you a legal duty of care. Motorists, bicyclists, and pedestrians have a legal duty of care to prevent accidents.
- Breach of duty of care. When someone’s conduct does not measure up to the legal standard, it is negligence. For instance, let’s say that the other driver made an improper left turn instead of yielding to the flow of traffic. This action would constitute negligence because it puts others at risk of harm.
- Causation. Our Austin car accident lawyer must prove that the other party’s negligence caused the collision. In our aforementioned scenario, because the other driver made an improper turn, they caused your accident. This may make them responsible for your accident-related damages.
- Financial losses. Our legal team must use the receipts, invoices, and billing statements associated with your damages to prove that you sustained financial losses.
You do not have to figure out issues of liability by yourself. An Austin improper turns auto accident attorney at Loncar Lyon Jenkins can advocate on your behalf.
Damages in Improper Turn Accidents
It is impossible to say how much compensation you might recover for your improper turn injury case until after we talk to you and investigate your circumstances.
Here are some examples of monetary damages we have won for our clients:
- Lost income
- Reduced earning capacity
- Current medical expenses
- Future medical care expenses
- Property damage
- Wrongful death damages
You might have other types of losses, as well. For example, you can seek non-economic damages for pain and suffering and loss of quality of life. Our auto accident lawyers can account for both your current and future accident-related losses when seeking a fair settlement.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Our Austin Improper Turn Car Accident Lawyers Take Cases on Contingency
We understand that you are likely already facing costly medical bills and lost income. You shouldn’t have to assume any additional financial losses to seek compensation as an accident victim. That’s why our Austin car accident attorneys take cases on contingency.
We do not charge upfront fees or hourly retainers. We only take a percentage of your potential financial recovery at the end of your case. This way, you know we will work our hardest to secure fair compensation.
Avoid These Pitfalls After a Car Accident in Austin
What accident victims do after a collision may decrease the amount of compensation they can pursue for their injuries.
Try to avoid these situations to protect your personal injury claim:
- Minimizing your injuries. No one likes to go to the doctor or hospital. Sometimes, people try to tough it out after a car accident instead of getting professional medical attention at the accident scene for their injuries. If you have not already gone to the emergency room, doctor, or urgent care center, you should do so at once. We need your medical records as evidence of your injuries.
- Missing the deadline. Texas law gives you very little time to file a lawsuit seeking compensation from the person who hurt you. According to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code §16.003, you usually have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit for compensation. If you miss the deadline, you can forever lose the right to go after monetary damages for your injuries.
- Disclosing too much information. It’s best to stick to the basic details of the accident when speaking with insurance company representatives. Avoid making assumptions about the responsible party or admitting to any degree of fault for the accident. If you agree to give a recorded statement, be aware that some things you say could work against your claim later on. A personal injury lawyer can handle the communications for you.
Many other potential dangers could hurt your car accident injury case. The last thing you want is to give an insurance adjuster a reason to undervalue or deny your accident claim. Working with a personal injury attorney could help you avoid these problems and protect your right to compensation.
Getting Legal Help for Your Austin Car Accident Injury Case
You do not have to battle the other party’s insurance company by yourself. When an Austin improper turns car accident lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins handles your injury claim, you can devote your energy and attention to getting well. You can call our personal injury law firm today for a free initial consultation. Call in the Strong Arm to defend your legal rights and seek fair compensation.