Your Corpus Christi motorcycle accident lawyer can help you protect your rights and obtain the compensation you need.
We Know the Dangers Bikers Face Every Day
Because of the nature of motorcycles, accidents can be hazardous. In the worst cases, victims end up permanently disabled or even dead. Even the most minor of motorcycle accidents can still lead to devastating consequences.
Regardless of your situation, our legal team is available to help you proceed. We offer victims free consultations to get started with their claims.
Injuries Suffered in Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle riding presents more of a risk than driving your typical vehicle. Despite this, Texas law does not require riders to wear a helmet. This can make the resulting injuries even more serious.
Some injuries that are commonly associated with motorcycle accidents include:
- Head injuries, including concussions
- Injuries to the spinal cord, including paralysis
- Broken and fractured bones
- Cuts, burns, scrapes, and lacerations
- Road rash
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Corpus Christi, call 877-239-4878
You Can Hire a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Serving the Biker Community
Understanding the legalities of a motorcycle accident in Texas is a tall task. It’s not easy to navigate these processes without the help of a legal professional. Also, insurance companies are notorious for paying out as little as possible to settle a claim. Retaining a motorcycle accident lawyer can help your Corpus Christi family in many ways.
The benefits of having a lawyer on your side are listed below.
- Our firm can help you accumulate evidence, including photos of the damage to your motorcycle and injuries you sustained. This can include medical records, witness statements, video footage, a review of the other party’s driving record, etc.
- Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help you by communicating directly with the insurance company, including filing a claim for you if necessary.
- Our team is available for a case evaluation today, so you can get your questions answered with no obligation.
- Legal professionals can help you negotiate a fair settlement that works for you.
- If necessary, our team is ready to take your case to court and represent you.
This is a small example of the many benefits of having a motorcycle accident lawyer on your side. Another advantage of retaining a lawyer is that insurance companies know our firm means business. Loncar Lyon Jenkins Attorneys at Law has been practicing since 1988, and insurance companies are familiar with our reputation.
Corpus Christi Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
How Long Do You Have to File a Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit?
The most important thing to know is that these cases have a time limit, referred to as a statute of limitations. For cases like these, the statute of limitations is generally two years in Texas under Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003.
You generally have two years to file your lawsuit from the day of your injury. Preparing a lawsuit is a complex and trying process. You must act quickly to protect your right to compensation.
Contact our Corpus Christi Motorcycle Accident Attorneys today
Establishing Liability in Motorcycle Accidents
A motorcycle accident victim must establish fault to receive compensation. You must prove that another person caused the accident and your injuries. In many cases, there will only be one negligent party. Some, however, may involve two or more responsible parties.
There are four major areas to address when establishing fault:
- Other drivers owe a duty of care to motorists on the road. This means that they are responsible for taking reasonable action and care to avoid a collision.
- The other driver in your case breached their duty, by driving recklessly or distracted.
- The other driver’s breach caused an accident.
- The accident caused you losses.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Damages Can You Claim?
Damages refer to any losses, financial or otherwise, suffered in an accident. While every motorcycle accident is different, many victims claim the damages listed below.
- Medical costs: This can include ambulance fees, emergency room care, medical tests, surgery, hospitalization, prescriptions, rehabilitation, etc. Victims can claim current medical costs and anticipated costs.
- Repair bills: Because of the accident, your motorcycle was most likely damaged. Victims can claim damages for this economic loss.
- Rental car fees: You could claim the costs of renting transportation while your motorcycle is repaired.
- Lost wages: If you missed time at work because of your accident, you could also claim those damages.
- Reduced potential income: If your injuries make it impossible for you to go back to your old job, your lawyer could calculate that loss into your claim.
- Pain and suffering: This refers to emotional turmoil in the aftermath of an accident.
Recovering these damages will not make the pain and trauma of the accident go away. However, ideally, the compensation will help you recover. You must hold the negligent party responsible.
We Can Help With a Wrongful Death After a Motorcycle Crash
Family members can claim the following damages after losing a loved one in a motorcycle accident:
- Loss of companionship
- Funeral costs
- Loss of family income and benefits
- Medical expenses incurred prior to the decedent’s passing
- Damage to personal property
Unfortunately, motorcycle accidents are relatively common. Our team recognizes this (and the havoc and pain they can cause to accident victims and their families). We prioritize our clients’ needs and keep them up-to-date throughout the case. Your lawyer will answer all your questions and protect your rights.
Call For a Free Case Review Today
Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help you with a consultation today. The legalities surrounding motorcycle accidents in Texas are complex. Allow our team of lawyers serving Corpus Christi to help you fight for the compensation you need while you focus on getting back to normal. Call to get your questions answered and find the help you need.
We cannot get started until we hear from you. So, don’t hesitate to reach out. Call in the Strong Arm to support you in this difficult time.