As bikers, you are entitled to the same considerations as any other driver on the road, yet injured motorcyclists can face opposition when seeking damages. Our Corpus Christi motorcycle accident lawyers can help protect your rights by building a case and working to obtain the compensation you need for all aspects of your experience. Contact us today to learn about all your options.
Our Collision Attorneys Know the Dangers Bikers Face Every Day
Because of the nature of motorcycles—smaller, faster, less restrictive—accidents are often hazardous. In some cases, victims end up permanently disabled while some even lose their lives. Even the most minor motorcycle accidents can still cause devastating consequences requiring medical treatment.
Regardless of your situation, our personal injury lawyers are available to help you proceed. You were vulnerable on the road when your accident occurred, and you undoubtedly feel vulnerable now as you battle for rightful compensation. To ease you into the process of pursuing a claim or suit, we offer victims free consultations to start the fight for fair compensation.
That’s just the first step. Our firm doesn’t just make that easy. We assist you with any challenges or concerns that come up in the course of your case. We are always willing to adapt and find creative solutions for our clients.
You Can Hire a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Serving the Biker Community
Understanding the legalities of motorcycle accidents in Texas is a tall task. It is not easy to navigate these processes without the help of a legal professional.
In addition, insurance companies are notorious for paying out as little as possible to settle a claim. Our motorcycle accident lawyers can handle the nuances of this type of case and make sure you do not settle for less than you deserve. We can help your pursue legal action.
When you choose Loncar Lyon Jenkins, you can rest assured that:
- Our firm can help you accumulate evidence, including photos of the damage to your motorcycle and injuries you sustained. This can include medical records, witness statements, video footage, a review of the other party’s driving record, etc.
- We communicate directly with the insurance company, including filing a claim for you if necessary.
- Our team is available for a case evaluation today, so you can get your questions answered now with no obligation.
- Our legal professionals can help you negotiate a fair settlement that works for you, protecting you from inadequate offers.
- Our team is ready to take your case to court and represent you, if necessary.
These are just a few examples of the many benefits of having a motorcycle accident lawyer on your side. Another advantage of retaining a lawyer is that insurance companies know our firm means business. Loncar Lyon Jenkins has been practicing since 1988, and insurance companies are familiar with our reputation.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
What Damages Can You Claim for a Corpus Christi Motorcycle Crash?
Damages refer to any losses, financial or otherwise, suffered in an accident. While every motorcycle accident is different, many victims claim the damages listed below.
- Medical costs: This can include ambulance fees, emergency room care, medical tests, surgery, hospitalization, prescriptions, rehabilitation, etc. Victims can claim current medical costs and anticipated costs.
- Repair bills: Because of the accident, your motorcycle was most likely damaged. Victims can claim damages for this economic loss.
- Rental car fees: You could claim the costs of renting transportation while your motorcycle is repaired.
- Lost wages: If you missed time at work because of your accident, you could also claim those damages.
- Reduced potential income: If your injuries make it impossible for you to go back to your old job, your lawyer could calculate that loss into your claim.
- Pain and suffering: This refers to emotional turmoil in the aftermath of an accident.
Recovering these damages will not make the pain and trauma of the accident go away. However, ideally, the compensation will help you recover. You must hold the negligent party responsible for your motorcycle wreck.
Injuries Suffered in Motorcycle Accidents and How We Help
Motorcycle riding presents more of a risk than driving your typical vehicle. In fact, the Insurance Information Institute (III) points out that motorcyclists are more likely to suffer injuries or lose their lives in accidents than those in passenger vehicles.
Despite this, Texas law does not require riders to wear a helmet. This can make the resulting injuries even more serious.
Some injuries that are commonly associated with motorcycle accidents include:
- Head injuries, including concussions
- Injuries to the spinal cord, including paralysis
- Fractures and broken bones
- Cuts, burns, scrapes, and lacerations
- Road rash
- Internal bleeding
These can also lead to secondary conditions like infections, disfigurement, or mood disorders.
We keep these consequences in mind when assisting you. Injuries can make everything feel harder, like paperwork, answering calls, getting around, or even just processing information. Our personal injury attorneys know this and work not only to make the process easier for you, but also to protect you from unnecessary pressure or conflict.
We Can Help With a Wrongful Death Case After a Motorcycle Crash
Family members can claim the following damages after losing a loved one in a motorcycle accident:
- Loss of companionship
- Funeral costs
- Loss of family income and benefits
- Medical expenses incurred prior to the deceased’s passing
- Damage to personal property
Our team recognizes the havoc and pain these accidents can cause to victims and their families. We prioritize our clients’ needs and keep them up to date throughout the case. Your personal injury lawyer will answer all your questions and protect your rights.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
How Long Do You Have to File a Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit?
The most important thing to know is that these cases have a time limit, referred to as a statute of limitations. For cases like these, the statute of limitations is generally two years in Texas under Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003.
The two years to file your lawsuit typically starts from the day of your injury. Preparing a lawsuit is a complex and trying process, so you must act quickly to protect your right to compensation.
Establishing Liability in Motorcycle Accidents
As a motorcycle accident victim, you must establish fault to receive compensation for your financial burdens. You must prove that another person caused the accident and your injuries. Many cases only involve one negligent party. Some, however, may involve two or more responsible parties.
There are four major areas that we work to address when establishing fault in your case:
- Other drivers owe a duty of care to you on the road. This means that they are responsible for taking reasonable action and care to avoid a collision.
- The other driver in your case breached their duty, either by driving recklessly or while distracted.
- The other driver’s breach caused an accident.
- The accident caused you losses.
Call for a Free Review of Your Texas Motorcycle Injury Case Today
Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help you with a consultation today. The legalities surrounding motorcycle accidents in Texas are complex. Allow our team of lawyers serving Corpus Christi to help you fight for the compensation you need while you focus on getting back to normal. Call to get your questions answered and find the help you need.
We cannot get started until we hear from you, so don’t hesitate to reach out. Call in the Strong Arm to support you in this difficult time.