The great state of Texas is known for many things, such as barbeque and cowboys. One thing that Texas has become synonymous with over the years is oil. Every day, thousands of Texans work in oilfields and on oil rigs. Unfortunately, this is a hazardous occupation that sometimes results in accidents that cause severe injuries.
Oilfield injuries leave a victim hurt and financially impacted by significant medical care. If you or a loved one was injured in an oilfield accident, connecting with our Corpus Christi oilfield accident lawyer can help you understand your legal rights and help you consider what to do next.
Potential Hazards at an Oilfield Worksite
Working at an oilfield comes with many dangers as it is certainly not a job without risk. Some of the hazards that cause workers to get injured include:
- Fires and explosions, including smoke inhalation
- Incorrect usage of the heavy, dangerous machinery onsite
- Transportation accidents
- Improper training of employees
- Noncompliance with safety standards
- Lack of protection for visitors
- Incorrectly assembled equipment or safety items, including stairs
- Unsafe storage of dangerous liquids
- Insufficient protective equipment, including goggles, helmets, protective suits
For a free legal consultation with a oilfield accidents lawyer serving Corpus Christi, call 877-239-4878
Commonly Seen Oilfield Accidents
Employees are obligated to provide a safe working environment for their employees. Despite this, oilfield accidents are sadly a regular occurrence. There are undoubtedly many ways to get injured on the job at an oilfield. Below is a list of some injuries that are seen with regularity.
- A fall from a large distance
- Being hit by debris or loose equipment
- Accidents during transportation
- Getting trapped in dangerous machinery
- Prolonged exposure to dangerous chemicals and gases
Corpus Christi Oilfield Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
There are many ways to be injured at an oilfield. Some injuries occur more often, such as:
- Broken, fractured, or dislocated bones
- Crushed limbs
- Chemical burns
- Lung damage
- Head injuries
- Back and spinal cord injuries
- Electrical shock
- Amputated arms, legs, fingers, or toes
Contact our Corpus Christi Oilfield Accident Attorneys today
Steps to Consider Following an Oilfield Accident in Nueces County
Accidents are traumatic, particularly when they occur in such a hazardous area. Once you have insured your safety and the safety of your surroundings, the following steps can help you protect your legal rights.
- Get medical attention.Do not delay when getting treatment for your injuries. This can negatively impact you in two ways. First, not treating an injury can cause it to become worse. Secondly, you may complicate the claims process if you do not get medical attention quickly following the accident.
- Obtain evidence.This includes documenting everything that happened during and after the accident. Maintain all medical documentation and any expenses you incurred because of the accident. Other important evidence for your case includes photographs. If possible, photograph the surrounding areas as much as possible. This can help you down the line. Getting contact information for any witnesses can be extremely helpful as well. Keep all documentation relating to your oilfield accident.
- Tell your employer or supervisor. Notify your employers as soon as possible after the injury. A verbal conversation is fine, but be sure to send an email or text message so that you have documentation. You have compensation options.
- Do not accept the first settlement offer from an insurance company.Insurance companies are known for offering far less than they should for settlements. They want to pay out as little as they possibly can. So, be wary of any settlement offers. There is a strong possibility that you are entitled to much more than what they are offering. Be thoughtful and considerate when signing any documentation presented to you by the insurance company or their lawyers.
- Hire our Corpus Christi oilfield accident lawyer.A lawyer who understands the law and has dealt with these kinds of cases can provide you with many insights. Loncar Lyon Jenkins is available to answer your questions, starting with a free case review.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Why Should I Consider Pursuing Compensation?
In most cases, oilfield accidents happen on the job. This means that you may have been injured on the job, throwing your life into chaos. If you were injured due to another’s negligence, such as a co-worker or your employer, you might have the option to regain some of that money spent on medical treatment or time missed from work.
While the money will not heal your injury, it can help you recover your livelihood and protect your family in the process. A workplace accident truly affects every part of your life. Due compensation can help you care for your family and maintain your standard of living.
Time Limits to File a Lawsuit in Corpus Christi
In Texas, victims have a time limit to file their cases for personal injury lawsuits and oilfield accidents. This is referred to as a statute of limitations. Generally, the Texas statute of limitations is two years for oilfield accidents. This means a victim has two years from the date of the accident to file a case. There are some exceptions in some cases.
Your Corpus Christi oilfield injury lawyer can answer questions about the statute of limitations, but it is generally important to act quickly and protect your rights.
Our Lawyers Are Ready to Begin Building Your Case
Loncar Lyon Jenkins has been helping clients like you since 1988. Our team works across Texas to help citizens protect their rights. Contact us today to get your legal questions answered and determine what your next best step should be.
Our attorneys can help you calculate your losses, communicate with insurance companies, evaluate your legal options, establish the cause of your accident, and more. Loncar Lyon Jenkins may also be able to take on your case on a contingency basis. Call us today.