All Texas drivers have to follow the guidelines the Texas Department of Public Safety (TxDPS) sets. If they violate the law or break the rules of the road, they can be held liable in the event of a crash.
A Corpus Christi big rig accident lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help you seek compensation for your accident-related losses after getting hurt in a collision.
Call in the Strong Arm to learn more about your options.
We Work on a Contingency-Fee Basis for Our Truck Accident Clients
We offer all potential clients a free initial consultation. This way, we can learn about your case and get to know you from the start of our working relationship. You will not have to pay upfront for our services, either.
We will take our attorney’s fees from a portion of your settlement or judgment. You will know ahead of time what this percentage will be. We know that you may have many expenses after an accident in addition to supporting your family. This payment style helps clients feel empowered to seek justice regardless of their financial standing. We want to take these pressures off your shoulders while you recover from your injuries.
For a free legal consultation with a Big Rig Accidents lawyer serving Corpus Christi, call 877-239-4878
Ways That a Lawyer at Our Firm Can Help You With Your Big Rig Truck Accident Case
You should be able to get your life back to normal as soon as you can after an accident. A pile of paperwork and a confusing claims process is not something that you should have to figure out on your own.
Our team can help you by:
- Negotiating with the insurance companies
- Estimating the cost of your losses
- Protecting your interests and legal rights
- Representing you in court, if necessary
- Collecting evidence and putting together an argument for a financial award
- Speaking with you over the phone, via video chat, or through email
- Coming to visit you at home or in the hospital if you cannot get to our office
- Explaining your legal options and any timelines that are relevant to your case
- We may be able to render services that are not included on this list.
Your Lawyer Will Prove Liability and Fault in Your Trucking Accident
A Corpus Christi big rig accident lawyer on our team can investigate your circumstances and gather evidence to support your side of the story.
Some pieces of evidence may include:
- Tire tracks or rubble at the scene of the crash
- Traffic camera footage
- The accident report obtained from the appropriate authorities
- Photos and videos of the accident’s aftermath, including the damage to your vehicle and your resulting injuries
- Your account of the events regarding the accident
- A pain journal that tracks your injuries, symptoms, and recovery period
- Witness statements
- Medical expert testimony
- Accident reconstructionist expertise
Loncar Lyon Jenkins is ready to discuss your case with you at no cost.
Your Lawyer Will Prove How the Truck Accident Occurred in Corpus Christi
There are many ways in which you could have been injured. Potential responsible parties could include:
- The truck driver: They could have acted negligently on the road in that they were speeding, fatigued, distracted, intoxicated, or failed to properly change lanes or check their blind spot.
- The trucking company: Usually, trucking companies take the financial fall for their driver’s negligence. However, there are instances in which it acts carelessly. For example, it could have failed to conduct full background checks or enforce safety guidelines.
- The cargo company: The employees must ensure that they load and secure cargo properly. Otherwise, the driver could lose control of the truck and cause an accident and catastrophic injuries.
- The vehicle parts manufacturer; All vehicle manufacturers must ensure the parts they design, produce, and sell are in good working order. Faulty components could leave the driver unable to accelerate or decelerate the truck, leading to a crash.
Your personal injury attorney cannot investigate your case and the cause of your accident until they hear your story, so call our team today.
Corpus Christi Big Rig Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Understanding the State’s Statute of Limitations for Truck Accident Lawsuits
When seeking damages via a lawsuit, there are certain timelines we must consider. For instance, under Sec. 16.003 of the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code, you usually have two years to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit.
When big rig accidents happen, there could be many parties at fault. For instance, if there was a large pothole that caused the big rig’s tire to pop, resulting in a blowout accident, you could sue a government municipality. There might be a separate time limit on these kinds of lawsuits, though.
In any case, it’s ideal to begin building your case as soon as possible. Any delays could put your right to fair compensation at risk. Our truck accident attorneys can determine how long you have to sue and help you file before the deadline.
Contact our Corpus Christi Big Rig Accident Attorneys today
The Forms of Compensation Available to You After a Corpus Christi Big Rig Accident
Many aspects of your accident are compensable. For instance, medical bills that account for any assistive devices and follow-up doctors’ appointments, and property damages, like your vehicle’s repairs, can be included in your claim for compensation.
It can be harder to place a monetary value on things like pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, disfigurement, and mental anguish. This is another way that a personal injury lawyer from our firm could aid you. They can spend time evaluating the cost of your non-economic damages.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Texas Operates Under Proportionate Responsibility Laws
Sec. 33.012 of the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code imposes the doctrine of proportionate responsibility. This means that as long as you are found to be less than 50% at fault for the accident, you can recover some form of financial compensation for your losses.
However, your percentage of fault for the collision will affect the amount of money you can receive. For instance, if you were 10% at fault for the accident, and your damages totaled $10,000, you would only be able to recover $9,000 in damages.
Determining and proving fault in your case is of the utmost importance. A truck crash lawyer from our team can make sure that your percentage of fault is accurate and help you seek compensation accordingly.
Call in the Strong Arm for Help with Your Commercial Truck Accident Case
Do not give up hope before you have even started. Let us explore all opportunities for financial recovery on your behalf. Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins to speak to our team regarding how a lawyer could help you after suffering severe injuries and losses in a big rig accident. To discuss working with a Corpus Christi big rig accident lawyer at our firm, call us today.
Call or text 877-239-4878 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form