Motorists are responsible for the roadworthiness of their vehicle, and this responsibility may extend to any items which:
- Are secured to the roof of their vehicle
- Are placed in the bed of a truck
- Are secured to the rear of their vehicle, such as bike racks
- Are placed inside of their vehicle
- Are stored as cargo in an attachable trailer
If a motorist fails to secure objects that are inside or on their vehicle, then those loose objects can cause accidents that result in injury or death. If you were injured in such an accident, consider your options for financial recovery. Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 800-777-7777 for details of how a Dallas accident caused by loose objects lawyer can help you pursue compensation.
Objects May Be an Extension of a Vehicle
In terms of liability, any objects that are inside or secured to a vehicle could be considered an extension of the vehicle itself. So, if loose cargo falls off the vehicle and causes an accident, the motorist (and possibly others) could be held liable for any ensuing damages.
When one or more objects come loose from their secured position, these items may:
- Fall directly onto another vehicle
- Fall into the path of oncoming vehicles that pose the risk of a multi-vehicle collision
- Remain in the roadway for an indeterminate period, which may cause motorists to avoid that part of the street
Any motorist who is transporting cargo must take certain precautions to make sure that their items are secured and cannot fall onto the street.
A Dallas accident caused by loose objects lawyer can help you seek compensation for any harm caused by loose objects on or near a roadway. To learn more about your options for financial recovery in a free, no-obligation consultation, call Loncar Lyon Jenkins at 800-777-7777.
For a free legal consultation with a loose objects accidents lawyer serving Dallas, call 800-777-7777
Loose Objects Could Lead to Serious Injuries
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) notes that every day, about 96 people die in motor vehicle accidents. These deaths could be caused by a variety of different factors, some of which may involve loose objects or unsecured cargo.
Some injuries that you might be recovering from include:
- Spinal cord trauma
- Traumatic brain injury
- One or more broken bones
- Damage to internal organs
- Internal bleeding
- Cuts, bruises, and lacerations
- Nerve damage
You may be suffering from injuries that we have not included here. Speaking with a medical professional shortly after your accident can take measures to promote your health and wellbeing.
The Implications of a Loose Object-Related Collision
There are a wide variety of injuries that could result from a collision caused by loose objects or unsecured cargo. At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we want you to know that no matter how severe your injuries are, you can expect our team to provide supportive legal care.
Right now, depending on your injuries, you could be facing:
- Harm to your psychological health, including the development of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Changes in your physical abilities
- The inability to work or pursue a career in your current field
- Significant harm to your earning power
- Impairments to your quality of life
- Strains on your financial stability
If your accident was the result of unsecured objects from another vehicle, then the person who failed to properly secure their cargo could be responsible for covering your losses. To learn more about what this entails, reach out to Loncar Lyon Jenkins today.
Dallas Loose Objects Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-777-7777
Insurance May Not Adequately Compensate You for Your Losses
Unfortunately, some insurance companies have a reputation for not looking out for claimants’ best interests. They may pressure you into accepting an unfair settlement or continuously offer you money that still leaves you with out-of-pocket expenses. While you take the time to recover from your injuries, your lawyer can handle negotiations with the insurance company so that you do not have to.
If your lawyer is unable to resolve your case with the insurer, then you have the option of taking your case to court. Under Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code §16.003, you usually have two years from the date of your accident to file a lawsuit. While many factors of your case could extend this timeline, if you do not take action within this period, you could forfeit your right to compensation.
A Lawyer Can Initiate a Lawsuit
If you were injured in an accident caused by one or more loose objects, you may be able to collect compensation through a civil action.
If you choose to pursue a lawsuit, a lawyer may:
- Assess the facts of your accident
- Obtain relevant evidence, such as photographs and the police report
- Draft all necessary paperwork
- Make in-person appearances in court
- Calculate the cost of your various collision-related expenses
- Explain what monetary figure represents your losses
- Address your questions and concerns throughout the legal process
- Serve as your legal advocate
Your lawyer may be able to assist you in ways that we have not included here.
Click to contact our Personal Injury Lawyers today
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today
Call in the Strong Arm by calling Loncar Lyon Jenkins for more details about how a Dallas accident caused by loose objects lawyer can help you pursue financial recovery. We offer services on contingency, meaning that our attorney’s fees are “contingent” on your case’s success. If we cannot recover compensation on your behalf, then you do not need to worry about paying us for certain services.
To get started with a free, no-obligation case review, call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 800-777-7777.