People who choose a motorcycle as a mode of transportation have the same rights to safety as motorists in cars, trucks, and commercial vehicles. However, motorcyclists are far more exposed to the dangers of collisions because of the open-air nature of their vehicles. The Insurance Information Institute (III) notes that motorcyclists may be 29 times more likely to die in an accident than people driving or riding in passenger vehicles.
Motorists must take extra care to avoid striking motorcyclists. Drivers may be held financially responsible for motorcycle accidents they cause. You can call our team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins today to find out how a Dallas motorcycle accident lawyer may be able to aid your pursuit of compensation.
The Roads of Dallas Claim Motorcyclists’ Lives
Drivers on the roads of Dallas have the capacity to (and sometimes do) take the lives of motorcyclists. Scouring the Dallas area news cycle reveals stories of motorcyclists who either lost their lives or suffered serious injuries because of motorist negligence. Stories include:
- The death of a motorcyclist and their passenger at the hands of a pickup truck driver, who fled the scene and was determined to be intoxicated at the time of the accident, as reported by CBS Dallas-Fort Worth.
- The hospitalization of a motorcycle-riding police officer, who was blocking oncoming traffic from a previous accident when he was struck by a vehicle, as reported by NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth
- A motorcyclist who died after a vehicle turned left in front of them, as reported by The Dallas Morning News
Motorcyclists may face a reputation that they like to travel at high speeds, and like all motorists, some operate their bikes without the proper level of caution. Still, non-motorcyclists have a responsibility to look out for motorcyclists and act in a way that avoids collisions instead of causing them.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Dallas, call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Dallas, call 877-239-4878
Motorcyclists Deserve Attention
One of the reasons why motorcyclists may be prone to getting struck by other motorists is a motorcycle’s relative lack of size. Because they may not see a motorcyclist, a motorist may:
- Change lanes in a way that directly strikes a motorcyclist or causes the motorcyclist to stop abruptly, which can cause ejection from the bike
- Turn across an intersection in front of an oncoming motorcycle
The fact that motorcycles are smaller vehicles that may be more difficult to spot is understandable, but it is not an absolving excuse when accidents occur.
Dallas Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
What Drivers Can Do to Protect Motorcyclists
The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) has encouraged motorists to pay greater attention to motorcyclists through their “Share the Road: Look Twice for Motorcycles” awareness campaign. According to the CBS Dallas-Fort Worth report, the campaign urges drivers to:
- Provide space for motorcycles by avoiding tailgating or merging into their lanes
- Use turn signals so that motorcyclists do not have to guess about the vehicle’s movements or brake abruptly when changing lanes or turning
- Avoid sharing a lane with a motorcyclist
- Check blind spots and mirrors
These are critical precautions that may help shield motorcyclists from severe injury or death. When a motorist ignores or only partially implements these measures, motorcyclists and any passengers riding with them may pay the price.
If you or your loved one has suffered an injury or died in a motorcycle accident, a Dallas motorcycle accident lawyer may be able to help you chart a path towards justice. Call our team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins today for a free consultation.
Contact a Dallas Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me
Contact our Dallas Motorcycle Accident Attorneys today
A Lawyer May Hold the Person Who Injured You Accountable
If you were injured by another person’s negligence, you may choose to have a lawyer fight for compensation on your behalf. You may do this because:
- A lawyer may have handled similar cases before.
- You do not feel that you have the time to fight for compensation on your own.
- You are not a lawyer and are not confident enough in your level of legal knowledge to fight for compensation on your own.
- You have been diminished by injuries and would value assistance with the physical and intellectual aspects of bringing a lawsuit.
You may have other motivations for hiring a lawyer—regardless of your reasoning, an attorney could assist you with several aspects of your lawsuit.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Steps a Motorcycle Accident Attorney Can Take in Your Case
Some of the specific duties that your lawyer may fulfill include:
- Filing documents that will initiate your lawsuit
- Filing subsequent documents to move your lawsuit along its course to completion
- Making court appearances and taking in-court actions to progress your lawsuit
- Collecting evidence that may help your argument as the victim of negligence
- Reaching out to experts for testimony on your behalf
- Interviewing eyewitnesses to your accident
- Negotiating a settlement on your behalf
- Taking your lawsuit through a trial if settlement negotiations do not result in anything
- Protecting your rights
In addition to these specific tasks, a lawyer can handle any other necessary tasks to complete your lawsuit. They will serve as:
- The guardian of your rights
- Your legal advisor
- Your sounding board for questions and concerns
Contact our Dallas Motorcycle Accident Attorneys today
Forms of Compensation You Could Seek for Your Motorcycle Accident Case
If your lawyer is successful as your representative, you could reap awards to cover your losses. These losses may include:
- Medical costs from your injuries
- Lost income because of time away from work
- Future lost income
- Diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
A wrongful death claim may result in alternative damages. Your personal injury claim could also net you awards other than those listed above.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Why Choose Loncar Lyon Jenkins?
If you work with Loncar Lyon Jenkins, you can bring in the Strong Arm. We have served thousands of injury victims across Texas every year and take the time to offer individualized care for each case. At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, you can expect the following:
- You’ll get a free case review. We are standing by to listen to your story and help you understand the next steps for your case.
- We’ll travel to you anywhere in Texas. If you’re too injured to travel to our team, we can come to you.
- You only pay us if we win your case. Because we work based on contingency, you don’t have to pay any upfront fees to get started. We only win if you do.
Our attorneys are ready to fight for your best possible results.
Frequently Asked Questions in Dallas Motorcycle Accident Cases
We want you to feel supported throughout your case. For now, here are some answers to common questions we receive from motorcycle accident victims:
How do I Know If the Insurance Company’s Offer Is Fair?
The simple answer is to ask our team. Unfortunately, insurance companies often look for ways to limit your motorcycle accident payout. They may even unfairly claim that you were more to blame for the accident than you were. All too often, motorcyclists face bias in the insurance claims process.
Our lawyers can tell you if any offers you receive are fair and truly reflect your losses. However, keep in mind that a quick initial settlement offer is typically lower than you likely deserve. A lawyer from our team can also help you negotiate a fair settlement.
What Could My Case Be Worth?
The value of your case could be influenced by a number of factors, including:
- The cost of your medical bills
- The seriousness of your injuries
- Who caused the accident and who is liable
- If your injuries seriously affected your career or other parts of your life
Once one of our lawyers investigates the facts of your case, they can explain what you should be able to seek for a goal settlement amount. Then, they will work to secure the maximum settlement or award possible.
Often, the more serious your injuries and medical bills, the more we could seek on your behalf. However, it’s best to let our team evaluate what your case could be worth, as you could receive compensation for even more moderate injuries.
Will My Case Go to Trial?
It is possible that we will need to file a lawsuit and take your case to trial. Even though we are often able to secure a fair settlement through out-of-court negotiations, we may not receive a fair offer from the insurer. In these cases, we may file suit on your behalf.
Our team is fully prepared to litigate on your behalf. We will prepare the evidence in your case for trial, submit crucial paperwork, and handle all the tasks related to a court trial.
Who Could Be At Fault for My Motorcycle Accident in Dallas?
One of the most important responsibilities your motorcycle accident lawyer in Dallas will be establishing liability. To do this, your lawyer will need to carefully examine how your motorcycle accident occurred. Motorcycle accidents can be caused a number of ways, some of which include:
- Inclement weather
- Distracted driving
- Dangerous roadways
- Drowsy driving
- Failure to stop
- Drunk or drugged driving
The way in which your motorcycle accident occurred will give your attorney a better idea of whom could be responsible for your collision. For example, if speeding, distracted driving, drowsy driving, drunk driving, or any other type of negligent driving caused a collision, your attorney would know to look to the driver who hit you for liability.
However, if drunk driving caused the accident, your attorney may also be inclined to look to dram shops in the area to determine if they hold liability for your injuries.
If your motorcycle accident was caused by dangerous roads, there are multiple parties who could share fault such as government agencies, municipalities, and the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT). This is because these agencies have a responsibility to ensure road safety and integrity at all times.
Expect your lawyer to carefully examine the details of your case to determine who is responsible for your injuries. That way, all parties who share fault can be brought to justice to the fullest extent of the law.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Dallas Motorcycle Accident Claims?
The statute of limitations for motorcycle accident claims in Dallas is two years. This is because the statute of limitations for personal injury claims, including motorcycle accident lawsuits in Texas, is two years. If your lawsuit is not filed before the statute of limitations runs out, you will no longer be able to recover total compensation for your damages.
If you were to attempt to file your claim once the statute of limitations ran out, the defense would simply file a motion to dismiss your case. The judge presiding would have no other choice but to grant their request, since the statute of limitations had passed. You can avoid this becoming an issue in your case by retaining a knowledgeable legal advocate as soon as possible after your motorcycle accident.
Can I Be Awarded Compensation If I am Partially At-Fault for the Accident?
Yes, you can still be awarded compensation despite sharing fault for your accident. It is more common than you might think for motorcycle accident victims to share liability for their injuries. This often results in motorcycle accident victims failing to contact an attorney for help.
However, under Texas proportionate responsibility laws, as long as your portion of fault does not exceed 50%, you can still be awarded compensation for the portion of the accident that was not your fault. For example, if you were found 25% responsible for your accident, you could expect to collect only 75% of your injury settlement.
While you can still be awarded compensation for your damages when you share liability, it can have a dramatic impact on the outcome of your case. You want to ensure liability is fairly assessed in your case.
Call the Team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins to bring in the Strong Arm—we will deploy our team to fight on your behalf. A Dallas motorcycle accident lawyer may be able to handle your lawsuit from start to finish.
Reach out to our team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins today for a free consultation about our legal services.