Have you or a loved one been injured in an oilfield accident? If so, you might be wondering how to go about seeking fair compensation. A Dallas oilfield accident lawyer can guide you through the process and help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
Call the team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins for a free consultation today at 800-777-7777.
Types and Causes of Oilfield Accident Injuries We Handle
We have seen many of the following types of accidents and the serious injuries they cause:
- Leaks, fires, and explosions. There are many sources of gas and other flammable chemicals in an oilfield.
- Getting caught or trapped by equipment. With so many different kinds of equipment and machinery around, it is all too easy to become stuck or trapped in, beneath, or between them.
- Electrocutions. Some of the chemicals in oilfields conduct electricity, which can increase the risk of electrocutions or electric shocks. In other cases, equipment may touch power lines and cause electric shocks or electrocutions.
The list of potential oilfield hazards may be long, but it does not mean you should accept accidents and injuries as inevitable. The Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Act entitles you to proper workplace protections and requires your employer to maintain a clean, safe working environment. These protections include but are not limited to:
- Properly maintained vehicles and equipment. All machines must be kept in good repair, and potential dangers (e.g., open blades) must be guarded if workers are expected to work near them.
- Personal protective equipment. This includes measures to protect against falls, either from heights or into holes; helmets; respirators; and others, as dictated by your specific line of work.
If you believe your accident was the result of negligence or misconduct by your employer or another employee, you may be entitled to compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a oilfield accidents lawyer serving Dallas, call 800-777-7777
Rules and Regulations Related to Oilfield Accident Claims
The state of Texas has a number of laws that apply to oilfield accidents. Below is a brief overview of some of these laws and how they may affect you.
Statute of Limitations
A statute of limitations is the period of time during which an accident victim is allowed to file for damages. In Texas, the statute of limitations is two years from the date of the accident. After this date, you are no longer allowed to file a lawsuit. This can leave you without leverage when negotiating for a fair settlement. That is why it is so important to get started on your claim as soon as you can.
Dallas Oilfield Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-777-7777
Economic and Noneconomic Damages
There are two primary types of damages that you can ask for: economic and noneconomic. Each is regulated by its own set of laws.
Economic damages refer to monetary losses caused by the accident. These may include but are not limited to:
- Lost wages and earning capacity: if your injury has forced you to miss work and/or impacted your ability to work long-term
- Medical expenses: if your injury required a hospital stay, medication, and/or other treatments
- Funeral expenses: any costs related to the burial of the person who passed away as a result of the accident
- Miscellaneous expenses: any related costs, such as parking at your doctor’s office, childcare costs, the expenses related to modifying a home or vehicle for a disability
Noneconomic damages refer to physical and/or emotional pain caused by the accident. These may include but are not limited to:
- Pain and suffering: if your injury has caused you physical and/or emotional pain
- Loss of companionship: a loved one passed away as a result of the accident, depriving their spouse, children, and other family members of their presence
- Disfigurement or physical impairment: the accident resulted in permanent physical disability
Noneconomic damages are often harder to calculate than economic damages.
These laws may seem complicated, but a Dallas oilfield accident lawyer can take care of the legal particulars for you. The lawyers at Loncar Lyon Jenkins have 25 years of experience in such matters and are familiar with all of the laws regarding oilfield accident claims. If you think you have a claim or are unsure of how to go about filing a claim, contact us today for a free consultation and evaluation at 800-777-7777.
Click to contact our Personal Injury Lawyers today
How a Dallas Oilfield Accident Lawyer Can Help You
When seeking damages, the burden of proof is on you. In other words, it is your job to prove that the accident happened as you say it did. Building a strong case can be time-consuming, but it is critical. You do not need to handle this process alone. Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help you make your case in several ways, including but not limited to:
- Finding and speaking with witnesses. Your case will be stronger if reliable eyewitnesses corroborate your claims.
- Reviewing surveillance footage. Security cameras may have caught the incident on tape, further boosting your claims.
- Representing you in court. If the responsible party or their insurance company offers a fair settlement, great! But if they do not, we are more than willing to represent you at trial.
The aftermath of any accident or injury is stressful. You do not have to go it alone. Call in the Strong Arm: let the team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins handle your case and increase your chances of success. Call the office at 800-777-7777 so we can get started. A Dallas oilfield accident attorney from our firm will fight for your rights. We handle cases on a contingency-fee-basis, which means you owe us nothing upfront and pay no attorney’s fees unless and until you recover compensation. If you do not recover compensation, you do not pay us for our time.