Construction site accidents in Denton can be dangerous for passersby and visitors to the site. Injuries you could sustain on a construction site could be severe and impact you for the rest of your life.
If you were hurt in an accident on a construction site, a Denton construction accident lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help you recover the compensation you may be entitled to.
What Damages Could I Recover in a Construction Accident Case?
You could recover both economic and non-economic damages in a construction accident case. Economic damages refer to monetary losses you incurred as a result of the accident. Non-economic damages refer to subjective losses you incurred that are not associated with a monetary loss. They are designed to compensate the injured person for the physical and emotional pain they went through.
Economic damages you could recover in a construction accident case include:
- Medical expenses: Costs for emergency room care, ambulance services, surgeries, hospitalizations, medications, or doctor’s visits you incurred could be included in damages.
- Future medical expenses: If your injuries will require medical care after your case is settled, you could recover compensation for projected future medical expenses. Our attorneys will calculate the value of your future medical expenses.
- Lost earnings: If you had to be out of work for a few days or weeks, you could be entitled to recover compensation for lost earnings.
- Future lost earnings: If you are unable to return to work for a long time, or not at all, you could recover lost future earnings. This also includes retirement and medical benefits you may have lost. Our Denton construction accident attorneys can calculate the value of lost future earnings.
Non-economic damages you could recover in a construction accident case include:
- Pain and suffering: You can seek damages if you suffered from physical pain. You could recover compensation.
- Loss of enjoyment: If you are no longer able to enjoy hobbies, sports, or other activities you once enjoyed because of your injuries, you could be entitled to loss of enjoyment damages.
- Emotional distress: You could be entitled to recover emotional distress damages if you suffered from negative psychological impacts because of the accident or your injuries. Negative psychological impacts could include anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, or sleep issues.
If your loved one passed away from a construction accident, we first want to extend our condolences. Losing someone unexpectedly can be devastating regardless of the circumstances. Our legal team will do what it takes to hold the liable party accountable. If your loved one passed away, you and your family could recover the following in damages:
- Funeral costs
- Burial or cremation costs
- Loss of consortium
An attorney from our firm will calculate your damages to determine the value of compensation we will seek.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
How Denton Construction Accident Lawyers at Loncar Lyon Jenkins Can Help After an Accident
When you hire a Denton construction accident lawyer from our firm, we can:
- Launch an investigation into your accident
- Handle all communications regarding the accident on your behalf
- Negotiate with the insurance companies or opposing attorneys to come up with a fair settlement agreement
- Fight for your right to recover compensation in front of a jury if a settlement cannot be reached
We have handled many construction accident cases and know the legal complexities these cases can bring. Our legal team can handle your case from beginning to end and be on your side every step of the way. We can take care of all legal matters so your only focus is on recovering from the accident.
Benefits of Choosing Our Firm
Choosing our firm for your construction accident case is the right choice. When you choose our firm, you can expect the following:
- Free consultations: A member of our legal team is available 24/7 for a free consultation. During the consultation, you have the opportunity to explain what happened and the injuries you sustained. Our attorneys will inform you of your legal rights and options to move forward
- Contingency fees: Our attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. We do not charge for our legal services unless we are successful in helping you recover compensation for your losses.
- Spanish-speaking team members: Members of our team speak Spanish to accommodate our Spanish-speaking clients.
- Virtual meeting option: If you are unable to travel to our Denton office, we can meet virtually to discuss the details of your case.
- Ready to appear in court: We prepare each case as though it will go to trial. If the insurance company or opposing attorneys do not present an acceptable settlement offer, we can be ready for trial.
What to Do After a Construction Accident
There are actions you can take after a construction accident that could help you if you file a claim in the future. If you can, there are several things you can do to protect yourself after an accident. They include:
- Get medical attention for the injuries you sustained.
- Report the injury to the construction site manager. Write down the name of the person you notified.
- Gather contact information for anyone who witnessed the accident.
- Take photos of your injuries, the accident scene, and anything that could be relevant to a future claim.
- Have an attorney review your case. An attorney can provide information on your legal rights and the steps you can take to recover compensation for your injuries.
Following these steps can give you a better chance at a successful outcome.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Common Injuries That Occur in Construction Accidents
There are a variety of injuries someone could sustain if they are in or around a construction site. The most common construction-related injuries include:
- Being struck by falling objects
- Back injuries
- Slips and falls
Contact Loncar Lyon Jenkins to Work With a Denton Construction Accident Attorney
We have been advocating for our clients to recover the maximum amount of compensation for their injuries since 1988. We offer each client the personal attention needed after being seriously injured or dealing with the death of a loved one. Our legal team works hard so our clients receive the justice they deserve.
Contact our firm today for a free consultation. Our attorneys will provide a strong arm for you to lean on through a difficult time.