Two vehicles colliding at high speeds can cause force on your body that results in an injury. Whether the injury that you or your loved one suffered was fatal or not, the person who caused your accident may be legally responsible for covering the losses that you or your loved one has sustained.
A Fort Worth car accident lawyer may be able to help you in collecting evidence, planning your case for pursuing awards, and in several additional ways. Call our team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 800-777-7777 for a free consultation about the services that we may provide to you or your loved one.
Fort Worth Is Regularly Home to Traffic Accidents
Forth Worth is the fifth most populous city in Texas, according to the 2010 census via the Texas State Library and Archives Commission, and like most large cities, Fort Worth is home to a significant number of traffic accidents.
There were 3,606 “possible injury crashes” in Fort Worth in 2018, according to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), as well as 100 crash-related deaths. The nature of injuries may have varied from crash to crash, but any car accident-related injury requires care.
If you or your loved one was injured or killed in a Fort Worth car accident, then you may want to take certain steps to safeguard your health and prepare yourself for any lawsuit that may help you recover compensation.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident Resulting in Injury
If you are involved in a car accident in Fort Worth, you should first tend to your health. With this in mind, you may want to:
- Speak with emergency responders at the scene of the accident, reporting to them any injuries that you are aware of and allowing them to examine you for any injuries you are not cognizant of
- Accept a ride to a medical facility if you believe that your injury requires additional care
- If you do not want to go to the hospital, visit a clinic or non-urgent facility
- Obtain documentation for any medical care that you receive
Once you have received care for your wounds, then you should tend to the administrative aspects of your accident—they may be important should you hope to recover compensation for your losses. Some steps you may want to take include:
- Providing your account of the accident to a police officer, whom you should call to the scene if they do not arrive before you have a chance to call
- Obtaining insurance information, as well as contact information, from the person who caused your accident
- Reaching out to a law firm
A lawyer may provide advice and services that may prove useful as you assess whether legal action will be necessary to recover your losses. Call our team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 800-777-7777 to find out how a Fort Worth car accident lawyer could assist you with your lawsuit.
All Practice Areas we serve in Fort Worth
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Aggressive Driving Accidents
- Rollover Accidents
- Uninsured Car Accidents
- Head-On Collisions
- Rear-End Collisions
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Failure to Yield Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Fort Worth, call 800-777-7777
A Lawyer Can Assess Your Options After an Accident
When your world turns upside down because of an unexpected car accident, you may experience a ripple effect of adverse outcomes. Your accident may have an impact on:
- Your ability to work both in the near- and long-term future
- Your physical health
- Your mental health
- Your finances
A lawyer will take stock of your losses and formulate a legal case for any compensation that you may be entitled to. One important factor for your lawyer to consider is whether, and how, the person who caused your accident was negligent.
You may have been the victim of a motorist:
- Being drunk or under the influence of drugs
- Texting while driving or engaging in other types of distracted driving, which the Texas Department of Transportation acknowledges as a persistent problem among Texas motorists
A lawyer may help you identify any other negligent behaviors that contributed to your accident, and which could be grounds for you to collect compensation. Once they have decided upon the defendant(s) in your case and the core of negligence, your lawyer may:
- Collect and organize the totality of evidence, possibly with the assistance of private investigators
- Contract experts to provide testimony to the extent that you or your loved one is the victim of negligence
- Fulfill all of the legal filing requirements necessary to complete your lawsuit
- Complete all appearances, motions, and other legal aspects of your case
- Protect your rights from anybody who would violate them
- Negotiate a settlement
- Argue your case at trial
- Calculate and argue for the compensation that you should receive
The legal systems for obtaining just compensation are not always straightforward, and a lawyer may help reduce the amount of confusion that could come with bringing legal action pro se, or on your own.
Types of Compensation That You Could Collect
Any lawsuit that you choose to bring could result in:
- A settlement
- A judgement
In either case, you may be able to collect compensation for some or all of the losses that you have suffered because of your car accident. A lawyer will fight for you to recover such awards, which may include compensation for:
- Your accident-related healthcare costs
- Income you have not collected due to your injuries
- Pain and suffering that you have endured because of your accident
- Diminished earning power caused by your injuries
- Any additional losses you have suffered
If your loved one died in a car accident and you bring a lawsuit on their behalf, potential compensation may cover:
- Your loved one’s future earnings
- Funeral costs
- Your loved one’s accident-related healthcare costs
- Loss of consortium, which may account for various benefits that your loved one provided for their spouse, children, and other family members
A lawyer will do their part in fighting for these types of compensation, or any other types of compensation you may be entitled to.
Fort Worth Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-777-7777
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today
We assist clients with the process of receiving medical care and seeking the compensation they deserve.
Call our team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 800-777-7777 for a free consultation about the services that a Fort Worth car accident lawyer offers you.
Do not wait. Call in the Strong Arm.