Car accidents can lead to life-altering injuries and costly medical care. Whether you suffered injuries or lost a loved one due to a car accident in Fort Worth, the other driver may be legally responsible for covering your losses.
A car accident lawyer with our firm can help you in collecting evidence and argue your case for awards. Loncar Lyon Jenkins today can explain what we can do for you during a complimentary consultation.
A Lawyer from Our Team Can Assess Your Losses After an Accident
Your car accident may have an impact on:
- Your ability to work both in the near and long-term future
- Your physical health
- Your mental health
- Your finances
A lawyer will take stock of your losses and formulate a legal case for any compensation that you may be entitled to.
All Practice Areas we serve in Fort Worth
- Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accidents
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Aggressive Driving Accidents
- Rollover Accidents
- Uninsured Car Accidents
- Head-On Collisions
- Rear-End Collisions
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Failure to Yield Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Fort Worth, call 800-777-7777
Types of Compensation that You Could Collect
Any lawsuit that you choose to bring could result in a settlement or court-awarded offer. In either case, you may be able to collect compensation for some or all of the losses that you suffered because of your car accident.
A lawyer from our team will fight for you to recover such awards, which may include compensation for:
- Your accident-related healthcare costs
- Income you have not collected due to your injuries
- Pain and suffering, which includes physical and emotional anguish
- Diminished earning power caused by your injuries
- Any additional losses you have suffered
Wrongful Death Cases
There were 3,641 “possible injury crashes” in Fort Worth in 2018, according to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), as well as 101 crash-related deaths.
If your loved one suffered fatal injuries in a Fort Worth car accident, then you may qualify to pursue a wrongful death lawsuit to recover compensation. We can help you with your case while you grieve in peace.
If your loved one passed away in a car accident and you bring a lawsuit on their behalf, potential compensation may cover:
- Your loved one’s future earnings
- Funeral costs
- Your loved one’s accident-related healthcare costs
- Loss of consortium, which may account for various benefits that your loved one provided for their spouse, children, and other family members
A lawyer from our team will do their part in fighting for these types of compensation or any other types of compensation you may be entitled to.
Fort Worth Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-777-7777
Proving Negligence and Building a Case for Your Compensation
One important factor for your lawyer to consider is whether and how the person who caused your accident was negligent.
You may have been the victim of a motorist who was:
- Drunk or under the influence of drugs
- Texting while driving or engaging in other types of distracted driving, which the TxDOT acknowledges as a persistent problem among Texas motorists
A lawyer from our team can help identify any other negligent behaviors that contributed to your accident. Once we have decided upon the defendant(s) in your case, we may:
- Collect and organize evidence, possibly with the assistance of private investigators
- Contract experts to provide testimony to the extent that you or your loved one was the victim of negligence
- Fulfill all of the legal filing requirements necessary to complete your lawsuit
- Complete all appearances, motions, and other legal aspects of your case
- Protect your rights from anybody who would violate them
- Negotiate a settlement
- Argue your case at trial
- Calculate and argue for the compensation that you deserve
Pursuing compensation is not always straightforward, and a lawyer with our firm can handle your case while you focus on your physical recovery.
Click to contact our Personal Injury Lawyers today
We Will Pursue the Appropriate Liable Party in Your Case
In a car accident case, the responsible party could seem clear to you. However, after we investigate the details of your accident, we may find that:
- The person who is responsible for paying you is different from the party who directly caused the accident.
- There are multiple liable parties in your case.
- We must consider how proportionate responsibility laws could affect your own liability.
We can also argue against any claims that you were more responsible for the crash than another party. Even if you bear some fault, you may still qualify for compensation.
Parties that Could Be Liable for Your Accident
Depending on the details of your case, we could pursue one or more of the following responsible parties:
- Passenger vehicle drivers
- Commercial drivers
- Rideshare drivers
- Truck drivers
- Trucking companies
- Cargo loading companies
- Parts manufacturers or vehicle manufacturers
- And other parties
For instance, let’s say that a truck driver caused your car accident. While it is possible that the truck driver could be liable, it is also possible that the trucking company would be held financially responsible for your losses. If loose cargo on the truck bed was the ultimate cause of the crash, however, cargo loading companies could even be liable.
You do not have to do the work of investigating liability on your own. We will do this for you.
Proportionate Responsibility in Car Accident Cases
You may need to be prepared for the other party to claim that you shared some responsibility for the crash – but if this happens, we can help.
According to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code Chapter 33, you can still seek compensation from the responsible party as long as you aren’t more than 50% responsible for the accident. However, if you share some degree of liability, your settlement could be reduced according to your degree of fault.
We will investigate your case and seek evidence to show that the other party was primarily responsible for the accident.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Why Hire the Team from Loncar Lyon Jenkins?
A personal injury case can get complicated, and car accident cases are no exception. Some of the other reasons why you may wish to work with a lawyer from our team include the following:
You Suffered Serious, Life-Changing Injuries
If you are facing injuries that are likely to require treatment well into the future, you may want to think about getting help from our team.
This is because we will seek to recover all the expenses related to your injury – current and ongoing. We will get insight from your doctors to understand your prognosis and evaluate the estimated cost of your care.
We want you to be able to have the funds you need to cover the cost of your injuries. Our aim is for you to suffer no further losses as a result of your accident.
You’re Being Offered an Unfair Settlement Amount
If you’re offered an early settlement from an insurance company, how will you know what your case is truly worth? Knowing how to evaluate your case is crucial if you don’t want to leave money on the table.
We can tell you if you’re being offered an unfair settlement amount – and we can build compelling evidence to prove your case’s worth during negotiations. For instance, let’s say you’re facing a traumatic brain injury (TBI), and you can no longer live your former active life after your car accident. An insurer could claim that your injuries are only mild or moderate and pay you accordingly.
If you work with our team, you don’t have to worry about accepting unfair settlements that won’t cover your expenses. We can get testimony from your doctors and expert witnesses to prove the seriousness of your injuries and show the value of your losses. We will work hard to seek every dollar available. You may be surprised to realize what your case is actually worth.
You Don’t Want to Face the Insurer on Your Own
We know the tactics that can be used to push victims of car accidents into accepting lower settlements than they deserve.
We can help you counter various tactics, such as:
- Requests that you make a recorded statement about the accident, which can be misconstrued to show that you were at fault
- Denial of your case, with claims that their client was not liable for the crash
- Refusal to acknowledge the extent of your injuries
- And more
What Makes the Strong Arm Stand Out
We pride ourselves on providing personalized, detailed attention to every injury victim who comes through our doors. We will bring all our resources in personal injury law to seek the best results for you.
- Represent you at no upfront cost to you
- Take your call for a free case review anytime, 24/7
- Meet you wherever you are in Texas if you cannot travel to us
- Prepare your case for trial and offer litigation services if necessary
We Finance Your Case for You – Until You Win
We only receive payment for our services if we are able to win a settlement or award for you. Because we work based on contingency fees, we do not ask any of the following in order to get started on your case:
- Hourly rates
- Out-of-pocket costs
We don’t want to add to your financial burden at this time. With this fee structure, we work to lower the financial risk entailed in seeking legal help.
All Practice Areas We Serve in Fort Worth
We handle a variety of car accident cases, including:
- Distracted driving accidents
- Aggressive driving accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Uninsured car accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Failure to yield accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
Steps to Take After a Car Accident Resulting in Injury
If you are involved in a car accident in Fort Worth, you should first tend to your health. With this in mind, you may want to:
- Speak with emergency responders at the scene of the accident, reporting to them any injuries that you are aware of and allowing them to examine you for any injuries you are not cognizant of
- Accept a ride to a medical facility if you believe that your injury requires additional care
- If you do not want to go to the hospital, visit a clinic or non-urgent facility
- Obtain documentation for any medical care that you receive
Once you have received care, then you should tend to the administrative aspects of your accident – they may be important should you hope to recover compensation for your losses. Some steps you may want to take include:
- Providing your account of the accident to a police officer, whom you should call to the scene if they do not arrive before you have a chance to call
- Obtaining insurance information, as well as contact information, from the person who caused your accident
- Considering working with a lawyer from our firm
We can provide advice and services that may prove useful as you assess whether legal action will be necessary to recover your losses.
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today
We assist clients with the process of receiving medical care and seeking the compensation they deserve.
Call our team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at (800) 777-7777 for a free consultation about the services that our car accident lawyer can offer you. Do not wait. Call in the Strong Arm.