The victim of a rear-end collision could suffer:
- Physical injury
- Psychological trauma
- Financial losses
- Long-term consequences of the accident
If you or your loved one was involved in a rear-end collision, then those responsible for the accident may owe you compensation for your losses. A Fort Worth rear-end collisions lawyer may be able to explain your options for possible awards and assist you down the path that you choose.
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 877-239-4878 for a free consultation with the team for a personal injury lawyer.
Rear-End Collisions May Cause Serious Injury
Generally speaking, you may be entitled to compensation if a motorist struck the back of your car. Your right to compensation could be greater if the rear-end accident involving you or your loved one caused you to suffer an injury, or caused your loved one’s death.
Injuries that may result from being in a rear-end collision include:
- Whiplash, a symptom of a violent neck motion which Mayo Clinic notes is associated specifically with rear-end collisions
- Broken bones, especially in your arms and hands if your accident caused impact to your body as you gripped the steering wheel
- Brain trauma, which may include a concussion or another form of traumatic brain injury
- Internal bleeding
You may have suffered injuries other than these, and any injury that you suffered because of your rear-end collision could impose long-term or even lifelong consequences. Lasting effects of such injuries may include:
- Physical disability, or diminished physical function
- Brain damage, or impairments in your cognitive function
- Changes in your relationships with others, possibly including immediate family and friends, because of physical or cognitive harm from your accident
- Chronic pain, which could include pain in your body or recurring symptoms such as headaches
- Changes in your mood, which could be linked to any number of accident-related effects
- Traumatic memories of your accident, as BMJ Open notes that psychological distress may be a symptom of being in a motor vehicle collision
- Financial harm, as physical or cognitive injuries could adversely affect your ability to earn a good income
The injuries that you or your loved one suffered in your rear-end collision could be due to the specific facts of your accident.
For a free legal consultation with a Rear-End Collisions lawyer serving Fort Worth, call 877-239-4878
Factors That May Influence Your Injuries
Several conditions of your accident may have influenced the severity of your crash, as well as any injuries—including any fatal injuries—that arose from your rear-end collision. Some factors that may determine the severity of a given accident include:
- The speed at which the accident occurred
- Whether the driver who struck you was braking before the collision, and for how long they were braking
- The type of vehicle that struck you, as larger, heavier vehicles may be capable of inflicting greater damage, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) notes that large truck accidents are a serious problem in Texas
- The type of vehicle that you were occupying at the time of the accident
- Whether the safety equipment which may be installed in your vehicle, such as airbags, functioned as it should
Driver behaviors and characteristics could influence the collision variables listed above. If you would like to have more information about possible means for seeking compensation for your injuries, a Fort Worth rear-end collisions lawyer could be of help.
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 877-239-4878 for a free consultation about the services that a legal team may provide you or your loved one as you seek compensation.
Fort Worth Rear-End Collisions Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Motorist Negligence May Have Caused or Exacerbated Your Injuries
When a motor vehicle collision occurs, one of the subjects that may come up shortly after is fault. Relevant questions following a rear-end collision may include:
- Who is at fault for the collision? (In rear-end collisions, the person who struck your vehicle may be generally considered at-fault)
- Do all parties involved in the collision have active auto insurance?
- Was the driver at fault for the accident impaired in any way, whether due to alcohol or drugs?
- What actions caused the accident, and are those actions negligent or intentional?
Answers to these questions could play a role in whether you will pursue compensation through a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. Some motorist behaviors that may qualify as negligence and could warrant you bringing a lawsuit include:
- Being under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or both while driving, as this could diminish one’s ability to operate a motor vehicle safely
- Aggressive driving, which may allude to behaviors such as speeding, changing lanes in an unsafe manner, or tailgating—a behavior which the Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) states may lead directly to a rear-end collision
- Being distracted while driving, which may arise from using a mobile phone while the vehicle is in motion
- Making an illegal maneuver, such as running a stop sign, yield sign, or red light, or turning when it is not permitted
If you have reason to believe that a motorist (or perhaps another party) was engaged in negligent behavior at the time of your collision, or just before your collision, then you may be able to collect compensation from liable parties.
Contact our Fort Worth Rear-End Collisions Attorneys today
You May Have Grounds for a Lawsuit
You may be seeking justice, and specifically compensation, in the wake of a rear-end collision, and you could be justified in doing so. If you find out that insurance may not cover the losses you have sustained in your accident, or you have other reasons to weigh the merits of a lawsuit, then speaking with a legal professional may be worthwhile.
A lawyer could be able to:
- Explain the potential benefits of a lawsuit
- Explain if you may qualify to bring a lawsuit
- Handle your lawsuit from start to finish
Your lawyer may take the steps necessary to file and complete your lawsuit, with their goal being to:
- Obtain justice for you or your family member
- Obtain the compensation that you may deserve
- Defend your rights throughout the legal process
Speaking with a law firm representative may provide more insight on the specific services that they can provide you or your loved one.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today
You can call in the strong arm by calling Loncar Lyon Jenkins for a free consultation about the duties of a Fort Worth rear-end collisions lawyer. Our team may handle your lawsuit, or other services that your specific case warrants, while you maintain a health-first approach.
Call the team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 877-239-4878 for a free consultation.
Call or text 877-239-4878 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form