It is common for drivers to veer into another lane on the highway without showing proper signals or paying attention to the surroundings. The negligent actions result in fatalities and catastrophic injuries. Therefore, you may need compensation for the damages, injuries, and losses after an unsafe lane change accident.
Loncar Lyon Jenkins has a Fort Worth unsafe lane change accident lawyer ready to serve you and ensure you get the compensation you deserve for these injuries and losses. We offer free consultations and contingency-fee payment options to victims.
Causes of Unsafe Lane Change Accidents
There are many ways unsafe lane change accidents occur for individuals driving on the highway. Examples of bad driving habits include the following:
- Driver failing to check both mirrors before changing lanes
- Changing several lanes at a time
- Failing to check a blind spot before changing lanes
- Use of mobile phones while driving
- Changing lanes in areas where there is no clear visibility
- Changing lanes because of a drivers’ distractions
- Driving while under the influence or when tired
- Falling asleep while driving
- Two cars merging in a middle lane simultaneously
For a free legal consultation with a Unsafe Lane Change Accidents lawyer serving Fort Worth, call 877-239-4878
Injuries and Damages that Result from Accidents Due to Unsafe Lane Changes
Unsafe lane change accidents involve speeding vehicles, which may cause severe or fatal injuries. The following are some examples of these damages:
- Spinal injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Broken limbs
- Back and neck injuries
Serious injuries can result in the following long-term consequences:
- Loss of income
- Permanent disability
- Disfigurement and scars
- Change in cognitive and physical abilities
- Pain and suffering
- Missing work for some time as you heal
- Use a significant amount of money on medical expenses
You can get an unsafe lane change accident attorney to handle the lawsuit on your behalf as you focus on the healing process.
Fort Worth Unsafe Lane Change Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
How to Establish Negligence in a Lane Change Accident
Your lawyer will assist in building a case for the other driver’s negligence based on:
Duty of care: motorists who use highways or other roads should drive their vehicles with care. Failure to uphold the obligation makes them financially accountable for any injuries resulting from unsafe lane change accidents.
Breach of duty of care: a lawyer proves the failure of the negligent driver to uphold their duty of care. Their legal team confirms that the driver did not change lanes with reasonable safety.
Causation:you and your lawyer must establish the accident’s cause was the unsafe change of lanes using traffic camera footage, eyewitness statements, and the crash report.
Damages: you have to prove that you have been incurring financial losses from the accident, which include items like the following:
- Medical bills
- Loss of income
- Property damages
Contact our Fort Worth Unsafe Lane Change Accident Attorneys today
How an Unsafe Lane Change Accident Attorney Will Help You
An unsafe lane change accident lawyer will represent you in the ongoing case to ensure you get compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain, and suffering. Our lawyers will help in many ways, including:
- Obtain the traffic report
- Review the medical reports
- Collecting evidence and interviewing witnesses
- Represent you in court
- Ensure you get fair compensation
- Negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf
- Communicate with the judges, attorneys, and other parties
Proving a Case for a Successful Outcome
Your attorney will have to prove the elements of the lawsuit for a successful outcome of your claim. The four elements will assist you in understanding your rights as a victim. They include:
- The driver responsible for the accident fails to provide a safe environment for other road users.
- The driver’s breach of responsibility results in an accident with severe damages, injuries, or even death.
- There is proof of the damages, which are physical, financial, and emotional.
Seeking Compensation After a Wrongful Death
Losing a loved one due to a driver’s negligence can be painful. You can seek compensation for a wrongful death such as:
- The loss of a loved one, which includes their companionship
- Losing the past and future income from your loved one
- Related medical expenses from before their death
- Funeral expenses
How Will Attorneys Handle the Insurance Company for Compensation?
Insurance companies complicate issues to ensure they do not have to pay the reimbursement money. A lawyer will handle the insurance company when they try to claim the following:
- You are responsible for the accident
- You are responsible for the massive gap in your medical treatment.
A lawyer will also help if the insurance company does the following:
- Refusing to handle the cost of your treatment
- Refusing to acknowledge the seriousness of your injuries
- Denying the negligent party is responsible for the accident
You will not have to deal with the insurance company directly. We contact you when they make a compensation offer. Having a lawyer handling your legal issues will help you focus on the healing process.
Statutory Period for Filing Your Lawsuit in Texas
You only have two years from the incident to file a civil claim per Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003. If you wait the entire time to file for an unsafe lane change accident, you could lose your chances of seeking compensation from the negligent party.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call in the Strong Arm Today for Help with Your Unsafe Lane Change Accident
If you or your loved one have experienced a lane change accident, contact Loncar Lyon Jenkins today. Our Fort Worth unsafe lane change accident lawyers will assist you in holding the negligent party accountable and pursue the compensation you deserve to move on and heal from the accident.
We have all the resources to ensure the best possible outcome in your case. We will pursue compensation for the damages, losses, and injuries you suffered. Our lawyers can help you in several ways, including:
- We will review your case for free and offer you legal options.
- We keep in touch to answer questions and update you.
- We prepare your case for trial and litigation if necessary.
- We do not charge upfront payments or hidden costs.
Contact us today to receive your free consultation.