The U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) is responsible for testing all medications on today’s market. However, the FDA cannot test every available product in stores and online. Sometimes, the organization will deem a product safe only to retract their findings years later.
If you or a loved one suffered harm due to a dangerous drug, our lawyers in Frisco can pursue damages. We can assess your damages and render services that meet your needs.
How Long do You Have to File a Dangerous Drug Lawsuit in Frisco?
You could have two years to file your product liability lawsuit, per Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003. This timeline will begin either from the date that you were hurt or the date you discovered your condition.
It can be difficult to know when the statute of limitations starts in your case. By contacting our team, we can evaluate the statutory deadline and explain how long you have to act. If you do not file your lawsuit within the correct period, you could be unable to seek damages.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
We Can Seek Compensation for These Losses
Here are some damages that we will seek on your behalf:
- Medical expenses, including the cost of medications, co-pays, surgeries, and follow-up appointments
- Lost wages, if the harm you suffered caused you to miss work
- Loss of future earning capacity, if your condition will impact your earning ability
- Pain and suffering, which accounts for the physical and emotional trauma of the incident
- Disability, if your condition will alter your day-to-day function for a long period
- Loss of consortium, end-of-life medical care, and funeral expenses if you lost a loved one
You could qualify for other types of compensable losses.
We Can Determine Whether You Have a Case
After suffering losses due to a dangerous drug, you could have the basis of a product liability case on your hands. We can listen to your story during your free case review. Upon reviewing your case’s information, we can determine whether you have a valid claim.
You could have a product liability case if:
- You took the medication as instructed.
- You did not mix the drug with alcohol, drugs, or any other substance.
- You suffered harm or lost a loved one due to the defective drug.
- The drug was improperly labeled, making dosages unclear.
- The drug did not come with warning labels listing possible side effects.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
How Can your dangerous Drug Lawyer in Frisco Build Your Case?
We are lawyers, not medical doctors. To build your case, we will need to speak with our network of medical consultants to learn more about your situation. These professionals can attest to:
- Whether the drug posed any inherent risks
- Whether any of your pre-existing conditions contraindicated with the drug
- Whether you were prescribed an appropriate amount
- What drug could have better suited your health condition
Other information that could support your case includes:
- Your medical history and treatment records
- The results of lab tests and imaging scans
- Testimony from relevant field experts and those close to you
- The actual drug you took
- Information from the FDA (if available)
We want you to focus on your own well-being right now. We will manage the evidence collection process for you.
Commonly Asked Questions About Dangerous Drug Cases
We have been serving Texans since 1988. Each year, we represent 7,000 people in their personal injury cases. We’ve learned that our clients sometimes have similar questions for us. Here, we provide answers to some of our most frequently asked questions regarding dangerous drug cases:
How is Your Pain and Suffering Calculated?
Pain and suffering does not come with a pre-determined financial value. Instead, it is determined on a case-by-case basis. We will calculate your pain and suffering based on:
- Your health condition
- Your recovery period
- The types of treatments you require
- The cost of your financial losses
- Your relationships with your spouse, family members, and friends
- Whether you lost a loved one
What Makes a Drug “Dangerous?”
Per the American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy, here are the top five reasons why some drugs are recalled:
- They were contaminated with a substance that made them unsafe for consumption.
- They were mislabeled, meaning that consumers could be given incorrect information regarding dosages and side effects.
- They caused adverse effects that previously went unaccounted for.
- They were inherently dangerous either by production means or composition.
- They were packaged with “incorrect potencies.”
Sometimes, the FDA won’t issue a recall even after learning that a drug could be dangerous. If you or a loved one took a medication that has not been recalled, don’t worry; you could still have the basis of a valid claim.
Do You Need a Lawyer for Your Dangerous Drug Case?
You do not want to face a multi-billion-dollar pharmaceutical company by yourself. These organizations are armed to the teeth with lawyers who will work against you. Loncar Lyon Jenkins doesn’t play games.
To seek compensation for your losses, we can:
- Consult with field experts
- Gather and present evidence
- Manage your claim’s paperwork
- Calculate your present and future expenses
- Negotiate an out-of-court settlement
- File a lawsuit
We will also provide you with updates so you always know what’s going on in your case.
How Long will Your Case Take to Resolve?
We will give your case the attention to detail it deserves. We also do not want to accept the first offer that comes our way since it may not account for your losses. So, your case could take weeks, months, or years to resolve. Your case’s progression will depend on the facts of your situation.
Call in the Strong Arm Today
Our firm has eight office locations in McAllen, Tyler, Dallas, Odessa, Lubbock, El Paso, Wichita Falls, and Houston. We also serve people living in Frisco and the surrounding areas.
Connect with our team today by calling (800) 285-4878. Your first case review is free, and you can ask us any question at no obligation.