If a negligent dog owner allowed their dog to bite you, the owner should be responsible for your medical expenses, pain and suffering, and other damages. If someone other than the dog’s owner exposed you to danger, they may be responsible for your recoverable damages. The Galveston personal injury lawyers at Loncar Lyon Jenkins ensure that dog bite victims get the justice they deserve.
Whether or not the dog owner knew of the dog’s aggression, they may be liable for your economic and non-economic damages. A Galveston dog bite lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins will lead your fight for a fair financial recovery.
Damages an Animal Owner May Be Responsible for After Your Dog Bite in Galveston
Dog bites vary greatly in their severity, and the cost of a dog bite may depend on:
- The size and type of dog that bit you
- The area(s) on your body where you suffered the bite
- The specific injuries resulting from the bite
- Whether the bite becomes infected, as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) explains that infection can cause severe and possibly deadly symptoms
- Your psychological and emotional response to the attack
- Whether the dog was immunized
Our legal team will seek compensation for the economic and non-economic harm of a dog bite, which may include:
Pain and Suffering
Dog attacks are often unexpected and quite traumatic and can cause:
- Scarring and disfigurement, which may affect one’s self-worth, dating life, and quality of life
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Anxiety, including a fear of dogs
- Emotional distress
- Mental anguish
- Sleep problems
- Lost enjoyment of life
- Loss of physical abilities
Our Galveston personal injury attorneys work with medical professionals who are familiar with the effects of dog bites. These professionals will help us understand the impact of your injuries, identify treatment that may help you, and assign a financial value to your pain and suffering.
Injuries from a dog bite can include visible bite marks, broken bones, tendon injuries, and even catastrophic injuries. Your Galveston dog bite attorney will identify and calculate your recoverable medical costs, which may arise from:
- Ambulance transport from the scene of your attack
- Emergency care, which may include wound care, immunizations, and surgery
- Hospitalization, which may be necessary in cases of severe bites or infection
- Imaging of injuries
- Other medical services
Your Galveston personal injury lawyer will also consider the cost of cosmetic surgery for scarring and disfigurement.
If your dog bite causes you to miss work or become permanently disabled, we will calculate the cost of:
- Lost income
- Decreased earning capacity
- Lost opportunities for bonuses and promotions
- Lost benefits
- Any other professional damages caused by the dog bite
If you have any other damages from the dog bite, our legal team will identify them and include them in your case.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Why You May Hire Your Galveston Dog Attack Lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins
Dog bite victims often hire lawyers to lead their lawsuits or insurance claims. Your injuries may prevent you from leading your case, and the stress of your personal injury claim or lawsuit could harm your health.
You may want to hire your Galveston dog bite attorney from Loncar Lyon Jenkins because:
- We’ll cover the cost of your case: Our personal injury law firm will pay filing fees, expert fees, and every other cost associated with your case. We will also invest time, manpower, and sweat equity to resolve your case as quickly as possible. Your lawyer will only receive a fee if they secure compensation for you.
- We have helped many dog bite victims get justice: It is difficult to put a value on our experience. Our personal injury lawyers have helped many dog bite victims who need compensation for medical care, psychological treatment, and other damages.
- We know dog bite-specific laws: Our attorneys are familiar with Texas’ “one-bite rule” and other statutes related to dog bites. Our familiarity with Texas’ civil statutes will allow us to move your case forward without delay.
- Our clients are the priority (and it shows): Excellent client service is the standard at Loncar Lyon Jenkins. This means you’ll receive frequent case updates, compassionate legal service, and full-service representation. If you have any special requests, we will honor them.
- Our firm is familiar with Galveston: Galveston has been an important service area for our firm for many years. We know Galveston and have navigated its courts many times.
When you need lawyers you can trust, call in the Strong Arm.
Services to Expect from Your Galveston Dog Bite Lawyer
Loncar Lyon Jenkins will lead every step of your personal injury claim or lawsuit. Services we perform for dog bite victims include:
Securing Evidence of Negligence
We will obtain any evidence that could help you receive the compensation you deserve. The details of how your bite happened will determine the types of evidence we seek, and useful evidence may include:
- Photographs of any locations (such as a broken fence) that are relevant to your case
- Witness accounts of the attack
- Expert testimony about liable parties’ negligence
- Video footage of the attack
Our lawyers and investigators will waste no time in gathering evidence. As soon as you hire Loncar Lyon Jenkins, our legal team will begin pursuing evidence of negligence.
Calculating and Documenting Your Damages
We will calculate your economic and non-economic damages resulting from the animal attack. We will also gather any evidence of your damages, such as medical bills, mental health professionals’ diagnoses of your pain and suffering, and evidence of your lost income.
Leading Settlement Negotiations
Your Galveston dog bite injury attorney will negotiate for the settlement you deserve. Responsible parties must be willing to accept fault and pay you fairly, and we will present evidence and documentation as we fight for fair compensation.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today About Hiring a Galveston Dog Bite Lawyer
Your initial consultation is free, so don’t wait to speak with our team. The deadline for filing a personal injury lawsuit may expire soon, so waiting could prevent you from seeking the financial compensation you deserve. A dog bite lawyer from our team is ready to start your case in Galveston today; we’re just waiting for your call.
Contact Loncar Lyon Jenkins today for a free consultation.