Many people move around the Galveston area daily on motorcycles. Unfortunately, motorcyclists expose themselves to more danger than a typical motor vehicle occupant because of the lack of safety protection. Thus, motorcyclists often sustain catastrophic or deadly injuries when they crash into another vehicle. So, if you suffered injuries on a motorcycle, you could deal with life-altering consequences.
Whether you end up with high medical bills or can no longer work, either could prevent you from moving on with your life. However, a Galveston motorcycle accident lawyer with Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help you avoid these financial issues. Our team will fight for you to recover compensation from the at-fault parties to cover your economic and noneconomic losses.
Benefits of Hiring a Galveston Motorcycle Accident Lawyer From Our Firm
When you choose the motorcycle accident attorneys in Galveston from Loncar Lyon Jenkins, you can expect quality legal care. We don’t cut corners or play games. Instead, our legal team will thoroughly identify every damage you suffered and prepare as if your case will go to trial—all to maximize the value of your claim.
The benefits of choosing our firm to represent you through a motorcycle accident case include the following:
- We have handled many similar cases and understand how to pursue a motorcycle accident claim. In addition, our attorneys know how to negotiate these claims and will advocate for you to receive the compensation you deserve.
- Our team has the time to put into your case. So, if you must return to work or handle other matters, our attorneys can take the legal affairs off your plate.
- We know when filing a lawsuit is appropriate based on how negotiations proceed. If the liable party does not agree to a fair settlement, we will take them to court and argue your case before a judge and jury.
We’ll explain all these benefits during our free, no-obligation initial consultation.
Steps Our Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Can Take
Our Galveston motorcycle accident lawyers can take critical steps to help your case. By following the proper steps, we can move your case along faster so that you get the compensation you need sooner.
The steps we can take when we start working on your motorcycle accident case include the following:
- File the appropriate documentation to start your claim.
- Collect evidence to prove what we claim.
- Speak to experts who can bolster your case.
- Interview eyewitnesses to the accident.
- Represent you in settlement negotiations.
- File a lawsuit if we cannot settle with the other party.
Throughout your case, our attorneys make it our responsibility to protect your rights. While we hope to settle your case outside of court, we aren’t afraid to stand up to the opposing party in a trial.
For a free legal consultation with a Motorcycle Accidents lawyer serving Galveston, call 877-239-4878
Damages You Could Recover in a Galveston Motorcycle Accident Case
When filing a claim against the opposing party, we aim to recover damages that compensate you for the economic and noneconomic losses you endured because of the crash.
The forms of compensation a motorcycle accident victim could recover differ from person to person. For example, if your injuries significantly affect the rest of your life, you typically will recover more compensation than someone whose injuries heal within a month. Recoverable damages in a motorcycle accident case could include the following:
- Medical expenses for the care you received from healthcare professionals.
- Income lost while recovering from your injuries.
- Diminished earning capacity if your injuries will prevent you from returning to your previous job.
- Pain and suffering if you dealt with excruciating pain.
- Emotional distress if you struggle with your mental health.
- Decreased quality of life if you cannot participate in activities you once loved.
Wrongful Death Claims for Motorcycle Accident Victims
Since motorcycles don’t offer riders a high level of protection, motorcycle accidents often result in fatalities. So, if your loved one passed away because of their injuries, you have our sincerest sympathies.
Once you’re ready, you could seek compensation on their behalf. Our wrongful death attorneys can determine if you meet the eligibility requirements as a surviving family member. If so, we can help you pursue awards for their final medical bills, funeral and burial costs, and lost financial and emotional support.
Galveston Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Statute of Limitations for Motorcycle Accidents in Galveston
Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 states you have two years from the accident date to file a personal injury case or from the day your family member passed away to file for wrongful death. After two years, you could lose your ability to seek compensation.
With our attorneys by your side, we will ensure we comply with the statutory deadline so that you don’t miss your opportunity to seek the compensation you deserve.
Contact our Galveston Motorcycle Accident Attorneys today
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Galveston
Determining how your motorcycle accident occurred is an essential step in your case. Thus, our attorneys will help you determine the cause of your crash, then identify the liable parties.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Other motorists turning into the path of motorcyclists.
- Obstacles in the roadway, such as uneven lanes or potholes.
- Drivers operating a vehicle while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Distracted drivers not paying attention to their surroundings.
Once our investigation identifies the cause and the at-fault parties, we’ll move forward with seeking the compensation you need to move forward.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Galveston Today
When you deal with the harrowing aftermath of a motorcycle accident, you might not know where to turn next. However, you can turn to the supportive and compassionate attorneys at Loncar Lyon Jenkins. We know what it takes to develop a successful case.
Contact us today for a free consultation with a motorcycle accident attorney from our firm. You can learn more about your legal options and how our team can help you. Then, our lawyers can start working on your case and supporting you through this process.
Call or text 877-239-4878 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form