Large trucks drive through Galveston daily to make deliveries from place to place. However, injuries often occur when accidents happen because of the truck’s enormous size. If you or a loved one sustained injuries in a truck accident, an attorney could help you get the compensation you deserve. You might think you must accept what the insurance company offers. But, in reality, you could recover much more.
A Galveston truck accident lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins can represent you in a truck accident case. Our attorneys do whatever it takes to get the compensation you deserve. In addition, we keep you informed of your case’s value, so you don’t accept anything less than you deserve. Therefore, you can maximize the value of your case.
Benefits of Choosing Loncar Lyon Jenkins As Your Galveston Truck Accident Attorney
Are you facing the possibility of going into debt because of your injuries? Then, you need an attorney to fight for you. At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we have a history of helping truck accident victims recover the compensation they need. The benefits of choosing our firm include the following:
- We prepare each case for trial: During negotiations with the insurance company, we will create a solid case with mountainous evidence. Thus, our legal team will be adequately prepared if your case goes to trial. Therefore, you can rest easy knowing we’re ready to present your case to a jury.
- We offer personalized attention to each case: Our attorneys understand that going through the legal process can cause stress. Therefore, we can provide your case with the personal attention needed to lessen your stress.
- We can start your case virtually: Often, truck accident injuries leave victims bedridden or hospitalized. Therefore, we can meet with you virtually to discuss your case, allowing us to get started as soon as possible without waiting until you recover from your injuries.
Our clients can feel comfortable through the legal process because each of our attorneys provides compassionate legal care, so you can successfully manage this challenging time.
How Much Does a Truck Accident Attorney in Galveston Cost?
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, you can expect not to pay any upfront fees or costs. Instead, we offer free consultations to those who want to learn more about their legal options and will review your case without obligation to proceed with us.
Also, we work on a contingency fee basis. Thus, you will only pay us a small percentage of your compensation if you reach a successful outcome. On the other hand, if you do not recover an award, you owe us nothing.
Past Clients Have Left Us Glowing Reviews Because of Our Compassionate Legal Services
To learn more about the type of legal care we offer, see for yourself what some of our past clients had to say:
- “Loncar Lyon Jenkins has done an outstanding job for me and my family. The service that was provided throughout my 2½ years was spectacular. They kept me very informed of the whole process and made sure I was getting the best medical treatment. They go above and beyond to get you the most for your case. Thanks for going the extra mile.” — Jonathan
- “Thank you, Loncar Lyon Jenkins and Tony. Great job! Treated me very special like family and got me good money.” — Shaunda
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Recoverable Damages After a Galveston Truck Accident
Filing a claim against the liable party allows you to recover damages. Examples of damages you could recover after a truck accident include:
- Medical expenses (current and future)
- Lost earnings
- Diminished earning capacity
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment
Our attorneys can fight for you to seek maximum compensation for your damages. To do so, we’ll gather compelling evidence to prove you sustained these damages.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents in Galveston
Truck accidents happen in Galveston for many reasons. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) provides information on some of the most common causes of these accidents.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) describes distracted driving as a driver performing any activity that takes their attention off the road. Distracted driving can affect the driver, their passengers, and anyone on the roadway around them. Examples of distracted driving include:
- Talking on the phone or CB radio
- Changing the radio
- Checking a navigation system
Regardless of the distraction, you could file a claim or lawsuit against a distracted truck driver if they cause a crash.
Many truck drivers drive while tired. Unfortunately, fatigued driving can cause the driver to fall asleep behind the wheel. Even a short microsleep could lead to a catastrophic accident — the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) found in a study that 13 percent of commercial truck drivers were tired when they crashed.
Sometimes, truck drivers drive longer than the maximum hours allowed by law to complete their job. However, when they cause an accident because of their fatigue, you could file a claim against the truck driver and their employer.
Another common cause of truck accidents includes when a driver engages in reckless driving actions such as:
- Tailgating or driving too close to the vehicle in front of them
- Driving over the speed limit
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Racing other vehicles
Again, our legal team could help you file a claim against the driver who caused your accident if it occurred because of reckless driving.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Contact Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today for a Free Case Review
Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 states you have two years from the accident date to file a lawsuit. Therefore, you should contact a Galveston truck accident attorney from Loncar Lyon Jenkins right away so we can provide a free, no-obligation consultation.
During the case review, we’ll offer steps we could take to help your case. Also, we can explain your legal options and what to expect regarding the outcome. So, when you choose us to handle your case, you can expect us to work tirelessly to get you the compensation you deserve.