A violent blow to the head could lead to high medical bills and excruciating pain. If you or a loved one suffered from a brain injury due to another person’s negligence, you have a right to pursue compensation for all your related damages.
A brain injuries lawyer with Loncar Lyon Jenkins can be your advocate to get you the financial recovery you need. We can talk about your legal options in a free case review.
Recoverable Damages After a Brain Injury Accident
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), medical care costs for traumatic brain injuries can be up to tens of billions of dollars. This number doesn’t even take other financial hardships your injury has caused you into account.
Luckily, should you pursue an insurance claim or lawsuit, you can recover these costs and others so you can get the treatment you need. Some of these damages are:
These losses are measurable and affect your finances. Examples might be:
- Lost wages: if your injuries and treatment kept you from working
- Future lost earning capacity: if you cannot return to your old job and have to get a lower-paying one—or you will not be able to work again
- Medical bills: if your injuries called for surgeries, hospital stays, medication, assistive equipment, diagnostic tests, and ongoing doctor’s appointments
- Other related expenses: if you need help around the house or someone to take care of your family
These losses have affected you emotionally and physically, so they don’t hold a dollar value. That doesn’t mean you can’t be compensated for them. You can recover your:
- Pain and suffering: If your injuries are too painful for you to participate in your regular activities
- Mental anguish: If your injuries have affected your mental health and caused you to suffer from depression, anxiety, insomnia, etc.
- Scarring and disfigurement: If your injuries changed your appearance or restricted your mobility
Brain injuries can be so serious that victims might lose their life. If you lost your family member due to a brain injury, you can recoup their medical bills, pain and suffering, and funeral arrangements in addition to your own loss of companionship.
For a free legal consultation with a Brain Injuries lawyer serving Garland, call 877-239-4878
Our Garland Lawyers Can Take Over Your Brain Injuries Case
The legal process can be very confusing and especially difficult while you’re dealing with your brain injury. Don’t feel like you have to take this on by yourself.
Our injury lawyers at Loncar Lyon Jenkins offer a variety of services when you decide to take legal action, such as:
- Informing you about your case status: Your lawyer will keep you in the loop as your case progresses.
- Investigating your case: We can talk to witnesses, review your accident report, and look at photos and videos of the accident.
- Naming liable parties: The at-fault party could have been a property owner, a driver, or a government entity.
- Managing all communication: It is easy to get disorganized when you have different people calling you about your accident. If someone from the other party’s team contacts you, direct them to your lawyer.
- Assessing your damages: We can look at your medical bills and see how the accident affected your life so we can request a fair amount of compensation.
- Negotiating a settlement with the insurance company: Insurance companies might offer you an inadequate settlement, so let our lawyers fight for a fair one on your behalf. If no one can agree, we will represent you in court.
- Abiding by state-mandated deadlines: Under Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code 16.003, you have two years to file either a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. Given sufficient notice, we can make sure everything is turned in on time.
You can count on your lawyer to advocate for you from start to finish. Should you have any questions or concerns regarding your case, never hesitate to address them to us.
We Serve Our Clients for a Contingent Fee
Here at Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we operate on a contingency-fee basis, which means we don’t charge you anything upfront or out of your pocket. If you receive compensation for your damages, we will deduct our fee from that amount.
We will agree on the percentage we take once you choose us to represent you, so there won’t be any surprises at any point during the legal process.
We won’t charge you anything even if you don’t recover your damages, so you won’t have anything to lose when you hire us.
Garland Brain Injuries Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
How Brain Injuries Can Affect Your Life
If you suffered any kind of jolt to the head, seek medical attention promptly. Doing so will document your injuries, which could later serve as evidence when building your case.
However, injuries can sometimes be more serious than you think, so it is best to get them checked out before they get worse. According to Mayo Clinic, some symptoms of traumatic brain injuries are:
- Loss of balance
- Changes in mood
- Loss of consciousness
- Slurred speech
If a brain injury goes untreated, the victim could end up in a coma, vegetative state, or even lose their life altogether. Take action now.
Contact our Garland Brain Injury Attorneys today
Loncar Lyon Jenkins Has Been Serving Texans Since 1988
With more than 7,000 clients every year, the lawyers at Loncar Lyon Jenkins have made our clients’ legal rights a priority. Now, we want to see how we can help you and your family, especially after such a terrible incident.
Call in the Strong Arm today at (877) 239-4878. In this free, no-obligation consultation, we can go over how a Garland lawyer with our firm can help you seek justice from your brain injury accident.
Call or text 877-239-4878 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form