If you were injured while working on a construction site, you can seek compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and even pain and suffering. Similarly, if you were injured by a third party while on a construction site (even if you were not an employee), you can also seek compensation for your losses.
Our Garland construction accident lawyers can assess your case, identify the liable parties, and pursue an award for your injuries. We can help you with an insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit. If you lost a loved one due to this type of accident, we can also help you file a wrongful death case.
Compensation That May Be Available to You
When you suffer injuries on a construction site, you could easily face extensive medical bills and other losses. We can help you calculate your damages to ensure you are seeking an award that will fairly cover these costs.
For example, you may pursue compensation for:
- Hospital bills: If you had to go to the hospital because of your injuries, you can include any out-of-pocket costs you incurred because you received care in the emergency room, rode in an ambulance, had surgery, or underwent diagnostic testing.
- Home aides: If your injuries are severe enough to where you require in-home aides, you can include those costs in your claim. This includes expenses for any home healthcare, nursing care services, or personal care services you require in your home.
- Rehabilitative care: You could receive compensation for rehabilitative care, such as physical therapy or occupational therapy.
- Medications: Many people who have sustained severe injuries may require medications to manage pain or fight infections. Any out-of-pocket costs you had to pay related to your injuries can be included in your claim.
- Doctor’s appointments: Any out-of-pocket costs for current, ongoing, and future doctors visits can be included in your claim.
- Lost income: If your injuries caused you to be out of work, you can include lost income in your claim. The recovery process varies based on the severity of your injuries. You could also recover for future lost income if you are still recovering.
- Reduced earning capacity: You may be entitled to receive compensation for reduced earning capacity if you cannot return to work in the same capacity or if you can’t return to work at all. This also includes any retirement benefits or healthcare benefits you lose if you are out of work.
- Pain and suffering: If you endured any pain, anguish, inconvenience, or discomfort because of your injuries, you could receive damages for pain and suffering.
- Loss of consortium: If your loved one passed away because of their injuries, you could be entitled to receive compensation for loss of consortium. This is the loss of companionship or support you lost when your loved one passed away.
- Loss of quality of life: If your injuries are severe enough to where you can no longer enjoy activities you used to love, you can include loss of quality of life damages to your claim.
Depending on the extent of your injuries and how they affect your future, you may qualify for other damages not listed here. For example, if you lost a loved one due to a construction accident, you could also seek recovery for any funeral or burial costs, your loved one’s final medical expenses, and more.
A lawyer with our firm can make sure you seek what you deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a Construction Accidents lawyer serving Garland, call 877-239-4878
Different Options for Seeking Compensation
Different options exist for pursuing compensation after a construction accident in Garland. A lawyer from our team can help you understand more about the following:
An Insurance Claim With the Liable Party’s Provider
Even if you were not an employee of the company conducting the construction, you can still file an insurance claim with the liable party. You may have been injured as a subcontractor or a pedestrian, for example. You may have experienced a construction accident while you were driving.
We can assess your potential claim and identify who the liable party was. We can also handle all the paperwork associated with pursuing a claim.
Personal Injury Lawsuit
If we cannot get fair compensation through an insurance claim, we can then file a personal injury lawsuit. Even if you receive a settlement offer, we do not recommend that you accept it if it will not fairly compensate you for your future losses.
We can represent you in a trial, whether we have to go before a judge or jury. When we do this, you may receive a court-awarded offer.
Wrongful Death Lawsuit
If you lost a loved one due to their injuries from a construction accident in Garland, a lawyer from our team can also help you take legal action. In this situation, we would pursue a wrongful death lawsuit to go after your damages. This lawsuit may cover the medical expenses associated with the injuries before your loved one passed, as well as burial and funeral expenses.
Garland Construction Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Your Deadline for Filing a Lawsuit in Texas
If we do proceed to take legal action on your behalf, you should know that we do not have an unlimited amount of time to do so. This is why we suggest reaching out to us as soon as possible. We want to give your case as much time as possible if negotiations with insurers fall through.
According to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, you only have two years from the date of the accident or the death of your loved one to file a lawsuit. This is a short deadline, and you will want to give your case the time it deserves.
In rare cases, some exceptions to this deadline may apply. You can find out how it relates to your specific case when you work with our construction accident lawyer.
Contact our Garland Construction Accident Attorneys today
Call in the Strong Arm for Your Garland Construction Accident
Our construction accident team wants to get started on your case right away. We can ensure you file any lawsuit by the state-imposed deadline – and we can assess your damages accurately.
Do not hesitate to take advantage of a free consultation to see how our personal injury lawyers serving Garland can help you.
- Investigate your case
- Establish the liable party
- Negotiate with insurers
- Prevent you from taking an unfair settlement
- Represent you in trial
- Protect your legal rights
When you work with us, you do not take on this fight alone. You can free yourself of the legal hassle and focus on what only you can do, which is rest and recuperate from your injuries.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Firm Will Advocate for You for the Entirety of Your Case
Keep in mind that you do not have an unlimited amount of time to protect your right to legal action. We work on contingency so that we can get started on your case right away. Our contingency-fee structure also means that:
- We do not collect any payment from you if we cannot secure compensation through a claim or lawsuit.
- You have nothing to lose when you call us to inquire about your rights and legal options.
If you choose Loncar Lyon Jenkins as your Garland construction accident lawyer, you can expect:
- A free consultation: A member of our staff is available 24/7, 365 days per year for a free consultation. We will review your case and discuss how we can help you. By the end of the consultation, you will know your legal options and have your questions answered.
- Prepared attorneys: We prepare each case as though it will go to trial. We will fight hard to reach a fair settlement for your damages. If our team does not negotiate a fair settlement, we are prepared to advocate for you at trial. We will do whatever it takes to get you the compensation you deserve.
- We will come to you: If your injuries prevent you from making it to our office, we will travel anywhere in Texas to meet about your case.
- Personal attention: After a serious accident, it is important you feel comfortable with your legal team. Since we are a smaller firm, we can give each case and client the personal attention they deserve.
Insurance companies and attorneys we are up against know we are willing to go to trial. This gives us strong leverage when negotiating for a fair settlement.
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins for a Free Case Review
See what our construction accident lawyers can do for you. Contact us today and take advantage of our complimentary consultation. When you are ready to fight for your due, call in the Strong Arm.