If you have suffered a serious or catastrophic injury, you are probably facing mounting medical bills. You also may be missing out on work and worried about the cost of future care. If you believe someone else caused your pain and distress, our Grand Prairie catastrophic accident lawyer can help you figure out your next steps.
An attorney from Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help you file an insurance claim or lawsuit to recover compensation from the party that caused your injuries. We can help you and your family consider your legal options so that you can make the right decisions about your future. Our team member can talk with you about your situation today during a free consultation.
Types of Catastrophic Injuries
Catastrophic injuries are damage to the body that will have lasting effects on the person harmed. These injuries could affect a person’s ability to work and live as they did before they were hurt. Examples include:
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Lost limbs
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) and concussions
- Multiple broken bones
- Disfiguring injuries
- Vision or hearing loss
Any of these could dramatically affect how you live, and some of these injuries could even shorten your life span.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Common Causes of Grand Prairie Catastrophic Injuries
Our law firm handles many types of catastrophic injury cases. Such an injury can have many different causes, including but not limited to:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Construction accidents
- Fires and explosions
- Slip and fall accidents
- Sports and athletics
Sometimes these are just accidents, but sometimes someone is to blame. Another party’s negligence can easily cause you harm, and when it does, they should pay.
When to Pursue Compensation After a Grand Prairie Catastrophic Injury Occurs
If you believe harm came to you or your family member because of another party’s action or inaction, then you can pursue compensation. A settlement can help you pay bills and contend with the mental distress that comes from experiencing an accident that causes a catastrophic injury.
Types of Damages
Generally, when you sue for a personal injury, there are two types of damages to pursue. The first is economic damages. These are the more quantifiable things, like bills and lost pay. Examples of economic damages are:
- Hospital expenses
- Physical therapy costs
- Lost income
- Lost earning potential
- Future care costs
- Other related medical expenses
- Property damage, like damage to your car in an accident
Then there are non-economic damages. These non-financial losses address how the catastrophic accident affected your quality of life and well-being. Examples include:
- Past and future pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of enjoyment, such as the inability of the injured to participate in a hobby they enjoyed
Additionally, you could recover wrongful death damages if your loved one died in a catastrophic accident. Texas law designates which surviving family members can file a wrongful death lawsuit. We can explain eligibility and other related matters during a free consultation. Wrongful death damages can help you pay your loved one’s final medical bills, cover their funeral and burial expenses, and compensate you for other losses.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
What Our Grand Prairie Catastrophic Injury Lawyers Can Do to Help
A catastrophic accident lawyer serving Grand Prairie can help you make your case and pursue the compensation that would help you and your family. Your attorney will:
- File your case before the statute of limitations deadline expires: You do not have unlimited time to pursue a personal injury case. If a catastrophic accident harmed you in Texas, Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 gives you two years to begin pursuing legal action. Our injury attorney will file your case within that time.
- Gather evidence needed to make your case: We can talk to witnesses, request police reports, retrieve surveillance video if available, and gather other evidence that shows you suffered harm because of someone else’s negligence.
- Handle all case communications for you: You do not need to talk to other lawyers or anyone else involved in your case. We will handle all communications for you and keep you updated on changes in your case.
- Hold all liable parties accountable: We will show how someone else caused your catastrophic injury and do everything possible to hold them accountable. We can send the message that the harm you and your family endured should not come to anyone else.
- Calculate fair compensation: Our attorney will learn more about your medical prognosis, look at your records, and figure out what kind of compensation would make things right for you and your family. We will then fight for that compensation as hard as we can.
- Help you prepare for depositions and testimony: Testifying can be a scary experience, especially if you are not comfortable with public speaking. We can help you prepare if you must testify on your behalf.
- Defend you from accusations: Sometimes, other parties in a case try to blame you for a catastrophic accident. We will defend you from any accusations and show how another party’s actions are responsible for what happened to you.
Whether we settle outside of court or represent you at trial while fighting for your recovery, our lawyer will advocate for you and your family throughout your case. We will protect your rights and interests.
What if I Cannot Afford a Catastrophic Injury Lawyer?
You may worry about whether you can afford an injury attorney. We understand that you are under financial stress right now, which is why our law firm takes cases like yours on contingency. This means we get paid only if you win your case. Our payment is an agreed-upon percentage of your settlement or court-ordered award. We will explain how this payment arrangement works before you agree to any terms.
Get a Free Consultation About a Grand Prairie Catastrophic Accident Today
Now is the time to explore your legal options. Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins for your free consultation today. If you cannot meet us in our office, we would be happy to meet you virtually online or over the phone. We want to learn more about your accident and how our catastrophic accident lawyers can help you in Grand Prairie.