Houston Car Accident Lawyer Committed To Winning for You
When driving in Houston, TX, you must navigate a sprawling city. With so many cars on the road, drivers can suffer injury from another motorist’s negligence at any time, some life-altering or fatal. If you or your loved one were the victim of a negligent driver or other negligent parties in Houston, a car accident lawyer with Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help you pursue financial awards.
With your free consultation, you can learn more about how our accident law firm can represent you in a case for fair compensation. Our Houston personal injury lawyers want to advocate for you now.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Forms of Compensation You Could Seek in a Houston Car Accident Claim or Lawsuit
The process of pursuing compensation looks different for everyone. Some people resolve their cases during the insurance claims process, while others need to progress to a lawsuit.
Regardless, if our Houston car accident lawyers are successful at trial or in settlement negotiations, you could receive awards to cover the following:
- Current and future accident-related medical costs
- Physical pain and suffering
- Loss of income
- Reduced ability to earn income
- Property damage costs
- Any out-of-pocket expense related to the collision
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Punitive damages (if available)
An appropriate amount of compensation should touch on all areas of your life where you experienced loss—both tangible and intangible. The price of your peace of mind is just as important as the cost of fixing a broken leg.
An auto accident attorney from our firm can take on your legal fight so that you do not have to seek this compensation on your own. We manage the entire process and everything it entails.
Our Houston Car Accident Lawyers Fight For Full Client Compensation
Whatever medical expenses you have stemming from your auto accident in Houston, a personal injury attorney from our team can advocate for you. We represent people who have suffered:
- Soft tissue injuries
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Head injuries, such as skull fractures or brain bleeds
- Neck injuries, such as whiplash
- Spinal cord injuries
- Nerve damage
- Abdominal injuries
- Penetrating injuries
- Loss of vision, hearing, or speech
- Scarring and disfigurement
We hope that you received medical attention at the accident scene. If not, we encourage you to visit a healthcare provider.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Houston Car Accident Wrongful Death Claims and Lawsuits
If your loved one suffered a fatal injury or death in a Houston accident, you have undoubtedly experienced difficulties. Even though the accident didn’t happen to you, you can still pursue a fair settlement for your family member. Similar to the process for your own personal injury, you can either file through an auto insurance policy or seek a wrongful death lawsuit.
Our Houston wrongful death attorneys can help you recover financial compensation for any death-related losses, such as:
- End-of-life medical treatment
- Income the deceased would have provided had they lived
- Funeral and cremation or burial costs
- The deceased’s conscious pain and suffering
- Survivors’ mental and emotional pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of guidance
Handling the legal process while also grieving is too much to go through alone. Loncar Lyon Jenkins can deal with insurance companies and liable parties to obtain the maximum compensation possible for your family.
Why Choose A Loncar Lyon Jenkins Houston Car Accident Lawyer for Your Case?
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, our personal injury law firm takes pride in the fact that we have represented thousands of clients across Texas. We pair the resources of a large firm with personalized attention to each case.
Here are some of the top reasons to choose our attorneys for your car accident case:
- We will meet you virtually if you can’t come to us. We know your injuries could prevent you from leaving your home or the hospital. We can use virtual options to meet with you, learn more about your situation, and explain how we can help.
- We work on a contingency fee basis. Our accident attorneys require no upfront costs when we begin your case—no hourly rates, retainers, or other out-of-pocket fees. We only receive payment if we win or get results from an accident settlement.
- We know Houston, TX. Our roots in Houston go deep. Using our local knowledge and resources, our attorneys will gather compelling evidence to make your case and help you navigate the Houston court system.
- We’re ready to take your call, day or night. Whether you were just in an accident in the middle of the night or you need to make a late call in between work shifts, we’re standing by. We will offer you a consultation for free.
We intend to seek fair compensation for your severe injuries and the economic and non-economic damages that arose from them. You can learn more about your recoverable financial losses, legal claim, and options during your free case review.
What a Car Accident Attorney Does
It is difficult to generalize about car accident lawsuits, as every accident and every accident’s fallout is one-of-a-kind. As a result, what a lawyer does depends on what you need. We provide legal assistance to prepare for your car accident lawsuit based on the details of your case.
You can enlist our Houston car accident lawyers to:
- Listen to your account of events and ask relevant questions to help us respond to your needs
- Review any evidence that you can provide us
- Search for evidence beyond what you provide, with possible assistance from professional investigators
- Provide our opinion about who might be liable for your losses (it could be more than just the driver of another vehicle)
- Explain the next steps, whether it’s filing an insurance company claim or launching a personal injury lawsuit, should you choose to do so
- Talk to insurance adjusters about the case and represent you in other important interactions
- Take the initial steps in drafting and filing your lawsuit if insurance negotiations stall or don’t apply in your case
- Prepare our argument for why the defendant(s) in your case were negligent and how their negligence caused your injuries
- Calculate your total losses, document these losses, and request in written and oral formats that you get granted compensation
- Negotiate a settlement or argue your case at trial
Our lawyers can also defend you from anyone who would try to violate your rights or attempt to dissuade you from pursuing compensation.
Testimonials from Past Car Accident Clients
Here’s what some of our past clients had to say about working with our team:
- “I truly enjoyed working with Loncar Lyon Jenkins! They were professional, responsive, and definitely got the ball rolling with my case when my insurance continued to drag their feet. I was able to receive physical therapy, an MRI, and X-ray at no cost, thanks to Loncar. I was also very pleased with the outcome of my case.” —Nella D.
- “Brett was outstanding in fighting for me during my case for a wreck I was involved in. I received the max payout from the insurance company. Brett made sure I didn’t have an overwhelming amount of attorney fees. What stood out to me was how understanding, helpful, patient, and responsive Myra was. She is the best. I literally called every week, sometimes twice a day, but she never showed her irritation… I highly recommend this firm and especially Brett and Myra. Thank you again guys.” —Ambrasha M.
We intend to seek everything you need from the responsible party, just like we’ve done for previous claimants.
How Our Houston Car Accident Lawyers Identify Negligent Behaviors That Could Have Caused Your Accident
The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) reported that in 2022, someone suffered an injury in a motor vehicle accident in the state every two minutes and nine seconds. USA Today ranked Houston as one of the country’s top 40 cities with the “riskiest roads.” CBS affiliate KHOU 11 mentions congested, dangerous intersections throughout Houston that contribute to accidents involving pedestrians.
In a city of Houston’s size and population, drivers may struggle to share the road with other vehicles and pedestrians, so accidents are bound to happen. Yet, as much as road conditions and traffic congestion play a role in collisions, drivers have a responsibility to act in ways that minimize the risk of causing an accident to the greatest possible extent. This is their duty of care.
In addition to driver error, vehicle and auto parts failures and environmental factors, such as weather or slick roads, contribute to auto accidents. An experienced car accident lawyer from our firm can investigate the crash scene to determine the source.
Impaired Driving in Houston
Some decisions, such as driving while drunk or under the influence of drugs, may have put you at risk of injury and qualify as negligence in Houston’s civil justice system. Yet impairment includes other scenarios, too. Anything that diminishes a driver’s ability to operate a vehicle could make them the at-fault party following an accident.
You could have a case for financial compensation if you suffered bodily injuries in any of the following:
- DWIs and drunk driving accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Driver fatigue accidents
- Aggressive driving (road rage) accidents
We can identify these as the negligent cause of your crash through evidence like police reports, traffic camera footage, witness testimony, and even blood tests.
Impaired driving cases can sometimes involve the police, but your pursuit of compensation is separate from any criminal charges. In fact, you can recover damages even if the driver escapes charges, such as if they were under the legal limit for blood alcohol concentration (BAC) or their case got thrown out on a technicality. A driver who gets behind the wheel while impaired in any way can still face consequences through a civil suit.
Other Careless Behaviors That Lead to Car Accidents in Houston
Some common types of auto accident negligence that don’t involve impaired driving include:
- Failure to yield
- Aggressive driving
- Improper lane changes
- Improper turns
- Running a stop signal
- Exceeding posted speed limits
- Failure to obey traffic signals
- Failure to heed changing weather or road conditions
- Wrong way driving
- Overcorrecting while driving
Some of these categories can include different types of accidents. For instance, someone who changed lanes improperly may have been speeding, which helped contribute to the accident.
When representing any of these types of cases, our car crash attorneys make sure an insurance adjuster or liable party considers the circumstances of your accident. We can back up our auto accident claim of negligence with evidence like weather reports, photos and video, witness testimony, and even the physical damage to the vehicle. When necessary, we consult experts to provide additional analysis.
You Could Have Grounds to Sue More Parties for a Houston Auto Accident
Negligence isn’t always assigned to a single party. Some auto accidents occur because of multiple failures. Others have parties who share liability with the driver who hit you.
In cases like these, you don’t necessarily have to choose one party to pursue. In fact, you can potentially maximize your compensation by pursuing claims or suits with multiple parties, depending on the details of your accident. Furthermore, rather than causing additional stress for you, our accident attorneys can fight for your damages on more than one front while you focus on your medical improvement.
If you believe that you or your loved one was the victim of a negligent driver but aren’t sure if another party is also liable, you can talk to a Houston car accident lawyer from our firm. At your consultation, we can discuss possible parties that may be financially responsible for your losses.
Houston Car Accidents That Could Involve Other Parties
Scenarios in which you are more likely to encounter additional parties in a claim or suit include:
- Commercial truck accidents
- Defective design or manufacture of vehicles or vehicle components accidents
- Uber and Lyft rideshare accidents
- Tire blowout accidents
- Taxicab accidents
Trucking companies, rideshares, and taxi companies often share responsibility for the actions of their drivers. That said, some companies try to avoid liability by only hiring contractors or providing coverage only in certain situations. We can examine your grounds for pursuing a case against a company in addition to the driver.
Faulty products can leave a designer or manufacturer liable. That includes defective tires, brake failures, or even installation or maintenance mistakes. If we suspect this was a factor, we can bring in auto experts to assess what went wrong in your crash.
Auto Accidents in Houston Where You Bear Some Fault
You can bear some fault for your car accident and still collect compensation from other liable parties. However, according to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 33.001, you cannot recover damages if the court (or the insurance company) finds you more than 51 percent responsible.
For this reason, insurance agents and opposing attorneys will often look for ways to assign you blame for the crash. Our skilled lawyers know these tricks and how to defend you from them. We are here to stand up for you and protect your right to compensation.
What You Can Do to Prepare Your Houston Car Accident Case
The aftermath of a crash can be overwhelming for car accident victims, but taking a few simple steps can go a long way in protecting your right to compensation. Consider these tips for the days and weeks after your crash:
Get All the Medical Care You Need
It’s no secret that insurance companies may try to limit your payout if at all possible, and often, they look for reasons to question the evidence of your injury. To ensure a solid case for compensation, get medical care as soon after the crash as possible, then continue getting all the care you need. This will:
- Document that your injury resulted from the accident
- Prove the seriousness of your injuries
- Establish the cost of your medical expenses
- Show your prognosis and expected future treatments
Don’t Make a Recorded Statement
The insurance company will contact you and ask for a recorded statement about the accident. Decline to do so, as this is often an attempt to record information the insurer could use against you.
You can tell the insurance company that it can speak to your auto accident lawyer. The same applies if an insurance adjuster calls.
Consider Your Legal Options
Our team of attorneys handles many practice areas throughout Houston. For instance, if you suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident, you could benefit from working with a motorcycle accident lawyer. If you are the victim of a truck accident, you could work with a truck accident lawyer.
Other situations we handle include the following:
- Passenger vehicle accidents
- Head-on collisions
- T-bone accidents
- Lane change accidents
- Elderly driver accidents
- Teen driver accidents
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Whiplash injury accidents
- Deadly defective vehicle accidents
No matter your situation, we want to help. We intend to do this by holding the negligent party accountable for your losses.
Get a Free Case Review for Your Houston Car Accident
It is important to understand your options after a car accident. If you call our team for a free case review, we can tell you more about seeking compensation and your next steps. You can get all of your questions about your case answered—at no cost or obligation.
How Long Do You Have to File a Car Accident Lawsuit in Texas?
Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 establishes a two-year statute of limitations for personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits. The clock starts at the time the crash occurred. If you do not file your case before the deadline expires, the court will likely refuse your suit, even if you have solid proof that negligence caused your injuries.
In addition, if the statute runs out, it will remove the threat of legal action, taking the teeth out of your insurance claims. You could end up with a lowball settlement or denied claim and no option to recover additional compensation through a lawsuit.
Contact a Houston Car Accident Lawyer at Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today
Are you looking to recoup your medical expenses and property damage costs after a collision? Then call in the Strong Arm. The team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins can answer your questions and manage your personal injury claim or lawsuit. Contact our team today to learn more about how a Houston car accident lawyer can help you as you focus on recovering.