Houston Aggressive Driving Accident Lawyer Here to Protect You
Houston, Texas is a highly populated area with busy motorists, and aggressive drivers are not uncommon on our roadways. Aggressive drivers, including those who follow too closely, change lanes without signaling, and generally drive erratically, make Houston roads more dangerous.
If an aggressive driver injured you or a loved one, that person should be held responsible for their actions. Our Houston aggressive driving accident lawyer can help you understand your legal options and the best way to proceed with a legal claim. Call one of our Houston car accident lawyers today for a free consultation.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Examples of Aggressive Driving Behaviors
Not all aggressive drivers present the same way, as there are a plethora of ways that drivers can act unsafely and aggressively. Some of the more common aggressive behaviors observed on the Houston motorways include:
Following Too Closely
Commonly referred to as “tailgating,” this is a dangerous driving habit that regularly causes rear-end collisions. When drivers follow too closely, they have less time to react to other motorists. Rear-end collisions are extremely common and can have severe consequences for both parties.
Many drivers drive a little over the speed limit. However, aggressive drivers push this to the extreme, driving 20+ miles per hour over the limit. Driving at these speeds makes accidents far more likely.
When turning or changing lanes, signaling to other drivers shows them your intentions. Aggressive drivers change lanes quickly, without warning.
Misuse of the Car Horn
Aggressive drivers can use their horns to “send a message” rather than warn other motorists. Aggressive drivers can intimidate other drivers on the road with excessive and inappropriate horn use.
Inappropriate Headlight Use
Headlights are a safety feature on a car, yet aggressive drivers can use their high beams at inappropriate times.
Driving is a stressful activity, and because of these stresses, drivers sometimes lose their patience. Road rage can result in gesturing, yelling, and even throwing things at other cars. In the worst cases, road rage can lead to more severe violence.
How to Respond to Aggressive Drivers
When possible, try to avoid aggressive drivers. If you see a driver behaving erratically, it is best to hang back or take an alternate route to your destination. Injuries and damage to your car are not worth the interaction.
If getting away from the driver is not a practical option, consider the following tips:
- Do not engage with the aggressive driver. Avoid eye contact and other actions such as flashing your lights or gesturing. Even if your gesture is intended to be friendly, when drivers have road rage, they may not see it that way.
- Do not seek retribution or revenge. It is hard to keep your emotions in check in such a tumultuous situation. Still, it is best to keep calm. The best scenario for you is that the driver simply moves on, and you do not have to see them again. Driving aggressively in your own right can only escalate the situation and danger you may present to other drivers.
- If you are scared or think you are in danger, call the police. If you are in fear for your safety, pull off to the side of the road, stay in your car, and call the police. If you believe the aggressive driver is following you, do not go home; drive directly to a police station and call for aid to be provided.
Overall, the best way to respond to aggressive drivers is to ignore them. You can ignore their actions, as you must keep yourself safe. However, responding to threats, shouts, and gestures is not likely to benefit you. Instead, keep a cool head and keep yourself (and your passengers) safe.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Our Houston Aggressive Driving Accident Attorney Can Help
If you have been injured due to the actions of an aggressive driver, you likely have a lot of questions. It is a situation that no one ever hopes to experience. However, you have legal rights to recoup expenses from your injuries or damages.
Our aggressive driver accident lawyer serving Harris County will be familiar with the laws and procedures associated with aggressive driving cases, which are somewhat similar to personal injury cases. Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help navigate you through the complex legal process of seeking damages in your aggressive driving case.
Our team can help you in the following ways:
- Provide a free case review to help you determine your best way forward
- Investigate the cause of your accident, including determining the at-fault party
- Accumulate evidence to prove the negligence of the other driver
- Communicate with your insurance company and the insurance company for the other driver.
- Stay in contact with you, and make sure that you are comfortable and understanding of your case
- Review settlement offers with you to determine whether the amount is appropriate
- Represent you in court if settlement negotiations fail
Cost of Hiring a Lawyer From Loncar Lyon Jenkins
When seeking legal aid, you may be anxious about the added cost of hiring our aggressive driving accident lawyer. Thankfully you don’t have to worry about that when you hire the team of Houston personal injury lawyers at Loncar Lyon Jenkins.
We work on a contingency basis, which allows you to keep your money. You will only pay a legal fee if we win or settle your case. If we lose your case, we do not get paid.
Consult Our Houston Team Today
Loncar Lyon Jenkins has been representing citizens across Texas since 1988, and our team wants to help you get the compensation you need to pay for medical treatment and vehicle repairs.
Being injured by an aggressive driver is a stressful and overwhelming situation; allow our team to take some of that stress off your hands so you can focus on your recovery. Call today to get your free case review.