Did you or someone you love suffer injuries caused by a distracted driver? If so, it is time to take action against those responsible for your injuries.
Although you may feel intimidated and overwhelmed at the thought of going up against a large insurance company or pursuing your case in court, you deserve justice. With help from a Houston distracted driving accident lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins, you can focus on recuperating; you don’t have to worry about anything. We will handle everything your case involves.
We Make Legal Representation Financially Accessible
Loncar Lyon Jenkins helps car accident claimants on a contingency-fee basis. Here, you don’t have to worry about paying for a lawyer from your own savings. We finance each of your case’s obligations from start to finish.
Other things to keep in mind include:
- We take a portion of your settlement as payment for our help.
- If we don’t “win” your case, you pay nothing.
- You will understand everything about our financial agreement from the very beginning.
We have one goal: to secure justice and compensation for those who need it most. During your free case review, we can answer any questions you have about partnering with our firm.
For a free legal consultation with a distracted driving accidents lawyer serving Houston, call 877-239-4878
You Have These Options for Pursuing Damages in Harris County
Our lawyers usually recover compensation after negotiating with the liable insurance company. Yet, consider the following:
You Can Recover Compensation Through a Third-Party Insurance Claim
The Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) notes that every motorist must carry auto insurance. Texas also operates on a fault-based system. So, if you get into an accident, you can pursue compensation by filing a claim with the at-fault party’s insurance provider.
Yet, the insurance company may not fully compensate you. It may argue that you caused the accident or don’t deserve as much as you’re asking. Still, you have options.
You Can File a Lawsuit with the Civil Court System
Filing a civil lawsuit may be in your best interests. Here, we can:
- File your lawsuit within the statute of limitations (Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003)
- Investigate your case and present evidence
- Interview witnesses
- Apply state law to your case
- Object to unfair proceedings
- Take depositions and cross-examine witnesses
- Fight for what you need
Houston Distracted Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
We Will Pursue These Losses Following Your Accident in Houston, Texas
We’re ready to seek the cost of your economic and non-economic damages, including:
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Diminished earning capacity
- Lost wages
- Medical expenses
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
Contact our Houston Distracted Driving Accident Attorneys today
Injuries Caused By Distracted Driving in Houston
Your collision may have resulted in these injuries:
- Traumatic brain damage
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Loss of limbs
- Organ damage
- Third-degree burns
- Internal bleeding
- Broken and fractured bones
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
If this sounds like what you have experienced, you are not alone. Our firm can help you recover compensation and bring the liable party to justice.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Texas Prohibits Distracted Driving Practices
The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) prohibits distracted driving. This means that motorists are forbidden from:
- Using any cell phone or handheld device in a school zone
- Sending or receiving text messages, emails, direct messages, or other types of electronic messages while driving
- Partaking in any action that takes their eyes, hands, or mind off the road
To recover compensation for your losses, our team will prove that the other party was engaged in distracted driving before your accident. We can establish this by interviewing eyewitnesses, gathering traffic camera footage, and consulting with accident reconstruction specialists.
Distracted Driving is More Than Cellphone Use in Harris County, TX
Virtually anything can distract a driver. As noted, anything that takes a driver’s attention away from the road could be dangerous.
According to the National Safety Council (NSC), drivers can miss as much as 50 percent of what they are seeing around them if they are talking on a cellphone. Yet, other distractions, like eating, drinking, or taking videos, can be classified as:
- Visual distractions. Certain actions require drivers to take their eyes off the road. This might include looking at their cell phone, looking at passengers in the backseat, or checking their appearance in the rearview mirror.
- Manual distractions. Manual distractions occur when a driver takes their hands off the steering wheel. This might happen because of smoking, eating, drinking, choosing a radio station, or reaching for something in the back seat.
- Cognitive distractions. A cognitive distraction is one that takes a driver’s mind off of driving. Drivers who play music too loud, have conversations with their passengers, or daydream are more likely to be involved in accidents.
What Should I Do After Being Injured in a Collision?
Even though you’re still considering legal aid, your case has already started. It began the moment the other driver hit you. As such, the things you do during this time could influence your claim’s outcome.
To protect your legal rights, we suggest:
- Keeping anything related to your accident, including a copy of the police report
- Seeking medical attention
- Following through with your treatment plan (unless otherwise specified)
- Documenting your injury-related losses, such as your medical bills and lost income
- Refraining from posting to social media
- Limiting the information you share with others
The insurance company may offer you a settlement immediately after the collision. Here, we recommend sharing those details with a lawyer. They can evaluate any potential settlement offers and explain whether they meet your needs.
Begin Your Free Case Review with Our Injury Team in Houston
Accidents caused by distracted driving can have a devastating impact on people’s lives. If you suffered critical injuries in an accident caused by distracted driving, you have the right to seek financial compensation.
Loncar Lyon Jenkins has served thousands of people since 1988. We’re ready to do everything possible to secure a fair outcome for you. Call our office at (877) 239-4878 to explore your legal options.