If you or a loved one was injured after another driver’s unsafe lane change, then you may be entitled to compensation to help cover your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages caused by negligence.
Reach out to Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at (877) 239-4878 to receive your free consultation and learn more about how a Houston accident caused by improper lane changes lawyer can help you.
What Makes a Lane Change Improper
How to Perform a Safe Lane Change
According to the Texas Department of Public Health, in order to perform a safe lane change, you should
- Make sure to keep an adequate distance between your vehicle and the cars around you,
- Check all of your mirrors and blind spots, and
- Signal before switching lanes.
Taking these steps can help ensure the safety of yourself, your passengers, and others on the road. Unfortunately, there are drivers who do not follow these guidelines, leading to reckless driving, crashes, and serious injuries.
Potential Causes of Unsafe Lane Changes
Many circumstances could lead a driver to perform an unsafe lane change, but some contributing factors are as follows.
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol: Impaired drivers are unable to accurately gauge their distance from other cars on the road and have dulled reflexes and motor skills.
- Driving without the proper safety equipment: Failure to have or maintain hardware can lead to unsafe lane changes. For example, a damaged tail light could mean a car’s turn signals do not work. Similarly, a missing side mirror could increase a driver’s blind spots.
- Distracted driving: Texting, messing with the radio, or looking at a GPS can all distract a driver from the road. This makes unsafe lane changes more likely to occur.
- Speeding and road rage: Road rage can cause reckless and fast driving, such as weaving in and out of traffic unsafely.
- Drowsy driving: Drivers who nod off at the wheel or who are having a difficult time staying awake cannot control the direction of their vehicle, potentially leading them to swerve into other lanes of traffic without warning.
Your Houston accident caused by improper lane changes lawyer will be committed to establishing exactly how your accident occurred. Call us at (877) 239-4878 to hear more about how Loncar Lyon Jenkins could help you.
For a free legal consultation with a improper lane changes accidents lawyer serving Houston, call 877-239-4878
The Consequences of Unsafe Lane Change Accidents
A car accident of this type can lead to a serious injury with a lasting impact on you and your family. While some of your injuries may heal, others can develop into chronic conditions requiring years of therapy and treatment.
Some of these injuries and conditions can have a high cost for you and your family. If the accident was caused by another driver’s negligent and unsafe lane change, then you may be entitled to compensation to help cover your costs.
Medical bills after a crash can be high because of the:
- Initial doctor or hospital visit,
- Tests your doctors might have needed to run, and
- The physical treatment you received.
However, your medical costs may not end there. Medications, physical therapy, mental health services, and follow up appointments may all be necessary to restore your health and wellbeing.
In addition to these medical expenses, there is the added economic cost of losing work, lost wages, or reduced earning potential after an accident. Sometimes injuries temporarily or permanently limit your ability to do your job or seek employment in the future. You could recover damages to cover these losses, as well.
Additionally, there is the intangible cost of the pain and suffering you experience after an accident. Physical pain is compounded by the emotional suffering that comes from not being able to go about your day-to-day life or participating in hobbies and activities you used to enjoy.
All of these consequences can result from an improper lane change car accident that leaves you injured. You are entitled to compensation for your injuries, but oftentimes insurance companies will try to pay out less than what you deserve. When you want an advocate on your side, you may want to hire a lawyer who can negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf.
Houston Improper Lane Changes Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
How Loncar Lyon Jenkins Can Help You
We take on many cases on a contingency-fee basis, meaning that we will not charge you for our services unless or until we win compensation for you. There is no risk of reaching out to our office today at (877) 239-4878 to receive your free consultation and learn about how a Houston accident caused by improper lane changes lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help you.
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, unsafe lane changes contributed to over thousands of car crashes across the state in 2019. In both crowded urban streets and open rural roads, improper lane changes can result in accidents that cause life-changing injuries for those involved. If you or a loved one suffered a similar crash, call our team.
Contact our Houston Improper Lane Changes Accident Attorneys today
What You Should Know About Our Firm
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we have been serving injured Texans since 1988, fighting for their rights both at the negotiating table and in the courtroom. We are known as the “Strong Arm” for a reason. When we are on your team, we will put in hard work to make sure your rights are protected, all while giving you the personal attention you are owed in your time of need.
This personal attention is part of the reason over 7,000 clients choose us to represent them every year. We have eight offices throughout the state, but if you cannot come to us due to your injury, then we will take the time to come to you.