Houston is one of the busiest areas in Texas. Each day, thousands of commercial vehicles go in and out of the region. The density of traffic, combined with other roadway conditions, causes many collisions.
If you or a loved one suffered harm in a truck accident, our Houston truck accident lawyers serving Harris County are ready to help. Financial recovery can account for your medical bills, lost income, and other injury-related expenses. Loncar Lyon Jenkins is Texas’s Strong Arm. Our Texas personal injury firm is ready to build your case today.
Our Truck Accident Attorneys Serving Houston, Texas, Operate on Contingency
You might have concerns about affording legal aid. With Loncar Lyon Jenkins, those concerns will melt away. That’s because we work on a contingency-fee basis. For you, the injured claimant, this means:
- A percentage of your settlement pays for our help.
- You don’t pay anything out of pocket for us to get started.
- Your first case review is free and offered at no obligation.
- If your case doesn’t succeed, you pay nothing.
You can learn more about contingency-fee representation when you consult with our firm.
Practice Area we serve in Houston
For a free legal consultation with a Truck Accidents lawyer serving Houston, call 877-239-4878
Houston’s Trucking Landscape Presents Unique Dangers
Texas is home to one of the largest trucker populations in the nation. As one of the largest cities in the state, Houston has its fair share of commercial trucks on the road. This is generally not a problem, except when truckers and trucking companies do not live up to safety standards.
Trucks might be more dangerous than passenger vehicles when involved in accidents because:
- The largest freight trucks can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds, according to Popular Mechanics.
- Truckers may be on the road for long periods of time or at night and be prone to drowsiness, which may cause high-impact or head-on collisions, according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
- The IIHS also states that trucks require a greater distance to come to a full stop, so they might collide with other vehicles if someone suddenly cuts off the truck driver while driving at high speed and the trucker cannot brake in time.
- Tractor-trailers and tankers may be carrying combustible or otherwise dangerous loads, which may result in secondary dangers beyond the force of impact.
Truckers Can Help Prevent Accidents
Truck drivers should be aware of potential dangers on the road. Some of the ways in which truckers may avoid being in an accident include:
- Adjusting their driving based on road conditions, which includes reducing speed in wet, snowy, and icy conditions
- Reducing speed when turning, as large trucks may be top-heavy and prone to rolling over
- Abstaining from drugs and alcohol before and during their driving shifts
- Maintaining a safe distance from other vehicles so they have enough room to brake when necessary
- Abstaining from dangerous cell phone use and other types of distracted driving
As long as truckers do these things, they may avoid causing an accident. When they do not take these precautions, truckers risk causing potentially fatal collisions.
When a truck crash occurs, an experienced truck accident lawyer is your best option for ensuring your rights are protected, and the trucking company is held accountable. If you have questions about whether you are the victim of negligence or would like to know your legal options, our team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins can explain how a Houston truck accident lawyer may be able to help your case.
Houston Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Our Truck Accident Attorneys Can Identify the Liable Party
If a passenger vehicle driver causes an accident, they are often the only responsible party. However, when a trucker causes an accident, they might not be the only party named as a defendant in a resulting lawsuit.
Defendants who may be named as part of a truck accident lawsuit include:
- The truck driver who caused your accident
- Direct supervisors of the driver
- The owner of the company who employs the driver
- Any person or business that served the driver alcohol if they were found to be intoxicated at the time of the accident
- The company responsible for loading, maintaining, or inspecting the truck
Most commonly, the liable party is the trucking company. When a truck crash occurs, an experienced truck accident attorney from our team can help you identify the legally responsible party or parties. Commercial truck accidents are often complex cases. You may ultimately bring legal action against multiple parties, and your traffic accident lawyer may advise you on who may be at fault for your losses.
Contact our Houston Truck Accident Attorneys today
Our Personal Injury Lawyers Will Do Everything Possible to Resolve Your Case
In addition to advising you on defendants to name in your case, your lawyer may advise you on other legal matters and carry out the actual process of filing your personal injury lawsuit.
This process might include:
- Creating and filing a significant amount of paperwork
- Collecting medical bills, property loss documents, your firsthand accounts, and other materials that will allow your lawyer to calculate the appropriate amount of financial compensation
- Collecting evidence to build an argument that shows you are the victim of negligence
- Interviewing relevant witnesses and documenting their accounts
- Negotiating a settlement agreement with the insurance companies
- If they do not reach a settlement agreement, representing you at trial
- Protecting your rights or the rights of your loved one
Your lawyer will keep you informed of the approach they intend to take toward your lawsuit, as well as any material updates in legal proceedings.
You may be able to be as involved or uninvolved in the lawsuit as you like, which could be important if you are recovering from an injury, assisting a loved one’s recovery, or coping with the loss of a loved one.
Our Trucking Accident Lawyers Use Evidence to Support Your Claim
Our lawyers will investigate your collision and find supporting evidence, such as:
- Your medical records
- The truck’s maintenance records
- Proof of any federal safety regulation violation
- Documentation related to your mental anguish and physical pain
- Traffic camera footage
- The trucker’s logbooks
- Testimony from accident reconstruction specialists
- Physical evidence from the crash scene
Our trucking accident law firm advocates for survivors of devastating injuries in Fort Worth. When you partner with our team, we fight for the full cost of your compensatory damages.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Maximum Compensation in Your Case May Pay for These Losses
After a truck accident, you may be able to recover damages for your losses. Recoverable damages are the amount of money the court requires someone to pay for injuring someone else. They are intended to compensate you for both your economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are justified monetary losses you incurred because of your catastrophic injuries. These damages are easier to prove because there is usually documentation, such as receipts or bills. Economic damages you could recover in a truck accident case include:
- Medical bills: You may have had to visit the emergency room or ride in an ambulance. You may also have doctor visits, medications, or other out-of-pocket costs associated with the truck accident.
- Future medical bills: If your injuries require ongoing medical care that will be needed after your personal injury claim has been settled, you can include future medical costs. Our attorneys will determine the value of your projected future medical costs.
- Rehabilitative care: If your injuries require rehabilitative care, you can include this damage in your claim. Rehabilitative care may consist of occupational therapy, physical therapy, or speech therapy.
- Lost wages: You could be entitled to receive maximum compensation for the income you lost. If you had to be out of work for any amount of time after the accident, those losses can be included in your claim.
- Diminished earning capacity: If your injuries are severe enough, you may not be able to return to work in the same capacity or at all. If this occurs, you can include lost future earnings in your claim. This also includes the loss of any retirement or medical benefits you lose.
- Property damage: If any of your property was damaged during the accident, you can include property damage in your claim. The most common type of property damage in a truck accident claim is the damage to your vehicle.
Non-economic damages are subjective and not associated with an exact monetary amount. Because of this, they can be more difficult to calculate. An attorney from our firm will be able to determine the value of these damages. Non-economic damages you could recover in a truck accident case include:
- Pain and suffering: You could be entitled to compensation for pain and suffering if you have endured serious pain because of your injuries. This includes any pain, anguish, inconvenience, or discomfort you may have felt immediately after the accident or that is ongoing.
- Emotional distress: If you suffer from severe psychological impacts because of the accident or your injuries, you could be entitled to receive compensation for emotional distress. Some forms of mental anguish may include constant fear, anxiety, or sleeping issues.
- Loss of enjoyment: You could be entitled to receive compensation for loss of enjoyment if you are unable to participate in hobbies or activities you once loved.
You may be eligible to collect additional awards, especially if you intend to bring a wrongful death claim for a loved one who passed away in a truck accident. If a loved one passed away, first, we want to extend our sincerest condolences. We will do what it takes to hold the liable party accountable for their actions. We also could help you recover the following in damages:
- End-of-life medical care: If the decedent received any lifesaving or end-of-life medical care, those costs can be included in your claim.
- Funeral and burial costs: You could be entitled to receive compensation for funeral and burial costs.
- Loss of consortium: This is related to the relationship you lost because of the loss of your loved one. This could include the loss of companionship or support the decedent provided.
Our attorneys intend to seek everything you need for your injury-related losses. If punitive damages are a possibility in your case, we will seek them.
What Should I Do After Getting Hurt in Houston, TX?
After getting hurt due to negligence, the following measures can affect your case’s outcome:
Get Help from a Medical Professional
Getting medical attention is one of the most important aspects of your case. That’s because:
- Visiting a doctor allows you to start treatment, which may include therapy and medications.
- The information you get from your doctor can be used as evidence.
- You want to connect your injuries to the incident that harmed you.
- You want to show the involved parties that you did everything possible to remedy your condition.
If you suffer severe injuries in a semi-truck accident, you could have lasting impairments or require ongoing care. The costs of ongoing and future care quickly add up, so you want to ensure you have personal injury attorneys on your side to negotiate a fair settlement with the insurance carrier or handle your 18-wheeler accident lawsuit.
Keep Track of Everything Related to Your Case
We tell injured clients that even the tiniest shred of evidence can support their case. So, we encourage you to:
- Keep track of your doctors’ appointments
- Keep a list of names of your medications and attending doctors
- Save emails and messages between yourself and the involved parties
- Keep your injury-related invoices, receipts, and billing statements
- Write down the contact information of any witnesses
If you can’t keep track of everything related to your case, don’t worry; our law firm will procure all necessary evidence.
Limit What You Share with Uninvolved Parties
After getting hurt, you might want to share updates about your condition online. Yet, this could work against you. For instance, sharing a photo on social media can make it seem like you’re not really injured. Posting information that contradicts what you share with the insurance adjuster could jeopardize your case.
During this challenging time, you’re more than welcome to reach out to your friends and family for support. However, we encourage you to limit what you share on social media.
The Benefits of Partnering with Our Injury Firm in Texas
When you team up with Loncar Lyon Jenkins, you team up with the Strong Arm. People call us that because we build each case as though it’s going to trial. During negotiations, insurance companies know we’re not playing games.
Other benefits of partnering with us include:
- We have eight locations for your convenience. If you were injured in Houston but live in Tyler, you can meet with our team there. Alternatively, we can communicate over the phone or via video chat.
- We offer 24/7 live chats. Have a question about your case late at night? No problem—we’re available to chat at any time. If we miss you, we’ll respond to your message as soon as possible.
- We offer free case reviews. If you’re ready to explore your options, we offer free case reviews to each claimant who gives us a call, during which we can discuss everything about your situation.
Whether driver fatigue, speeding, or another factor caused your collision, we intend to hold the negligent party accountable. Our truck accident law firm knows what it takes to investigate, document, and pursue these cases. We understand the types of truck accidents, the common causes, and how to show whose carelessness or recklessness caused them. We also represent families who lost loved ones in fatal truck accidents.
We seek fair compensation based on an extensive accident investigation conducted by our team. We partner with experts to determine what happened, documenting negligence and using the evidence to hold truck companies and other liable parties legally responsible.
Call Our Team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today
We are the Strong Arm, and you can contact us today for a free consultation and to learn why you might want to team up with a Houston truck accident lawyer.
Do not wait to call, as personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits are subject to statutes of limitations that could impact your ability to bring litigation against a commercial driver or other at-fault parties. Today, you can learn more about how our auto accident lawyers advocate for truck accident victims.
Call or text 877-239-4878 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form