Your life could be dramatically changed following an accident, with expensive medical bills, painful injuries, and emotional stress. If someone else was potentially liable for your suffering, you could be entitled to seek financial compensation.
After you or a loved one was the victim of a passenger vehicle accident, the Irving passenger vehicle accident lawyers at Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help.
Damages You Could Seek After an Accident in Irving
Your life can be completely different in the aftermath of an accident. You could be seriously injured and in need of ongoing visits to your doctor. You could also be emotionally scarred from such a scary event. It is also possible that your accident has caused financial peril in your life.
You may be able to seek the following damages after a car accident:
- Medical bills, including past and future costs for diagnosis and care
- Income losses, including past and future reduced earnings due to your injuries
- Pain and suffering, reflecting your emotional and physical suffering
It is easy to feel overwhelmed with so much to deal with following a passenger car accident, but remember that you have options, too. We can evaluate your losses and help you pursue all possible forms of compensation in your case.
For a free legal consultation with a passenger vehicle accidents lawyer serving Irving, call 877-239-4878
Working with a Lawyer From Our Team Can Make Handling Your Case Less Stressful
There are many potential benefits to hiring a lawyer from our firm. We can help support you throughout what can be a very complex and confusing filing process, assisting with paperwork and other important tasks along the way. Additionally, we could be able to help expedite your claim, allowing you to seek compensation as soon as possible.
Other services that we can offer you include:
- Negotiating a settlement
- Taking your case to court, if necessary
- Assigning a value to your losses
- Gathering evidence for your case
- Handling all communications for you
While filing a claim might seem complex, we can handle every step of your case on your behalf.
Irving Passenger Vehicle Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Types of Negligence That You Can Sue for
If another party was liable in any way, you could be able to recover compensation by filing a claim against those responsible for your losses. However, you will need to show that the other driver was negligent, and their actions led to your crash.
While a passenger vehicle accident can occur for a variety of reasons, there tend to be a number of recurring forms of negligence in accidents, including but not limited to:
- Speeding: Any time a driver travels above a designated speed limit, they may be in violation of the law. If speeding played a role in your accident and the resulting suffering you experienced, we could use this as evidence in your case.
- Drunk driving: If another driver was operating a vehicle in excess of the legal blood alcohol limit at the time of your crash, they could be held liable for your accident.
- Distractions: Texting is one major distraction on the road, but other behavior such as eating, talking to a passenger, or even looking away from the road is also considered distracted driving. Distracted driving is dangerous and could have been the cause of your accident.
- Weather: Poor weather conditions can cause accidents, but just because an accident took place in poor driving conditions does not mean it was your fault. If the other driver was reckless in poor weather conditions, this may be a form of negligence.
- Failures to adhere to traffic laws: If the other driver ran a stop sign, red light, failed to properly yield, or broke any other traffic laws, you could have a valid case against them.
- Mechanical issues: Sometimes passenger vehicles fail on the road in an unforeseen way, but in other cases, negligence could be the culprit. If a driver took to the road with a knowingly unsafe vehicle, you may be able to recover compensation for your accident.
The circumstances of every accident are different and understanding traffic law and liability can be confusing. Thankfully, an Irving passenger vehicle accident lawyer from our team could help you figure out the next steps in your case. We can gather important evidence of the other driver’s negligence and use this to fight for your compensation.
Contact our Irving Passenger Vehicle Accident Attorneys today
The Statute of Limitations in Texas as it Relates to Your Case
While there are many laws that could affect the outcome of your case, one important law to be aware of is the statute of limitations. This is a limit on the amount of time you have to file a lawsuit after an accident in Texas.
According to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code §16.003, you have two years to file suit. We recommend getting started on your case as soon as you can in order to help protect your legal options. The earlier you contact us, the better position we will be in for gathering evidence for your case. Some evidence, such as witness testimony, should be collected as soon as possible after an accident.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
A Strong Arm Attorney Can Help You Seek Compensation After an Accident
As a victim, you deserve justice for the mistakes and wrongdoings of others that led to your suffering. In some cases, you could even recover compensation for your losses. Call in the Strong Arm to pursue your legal options during this difficult time. An Irving passenger vehicle accident lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help from the start to finish of your case.
To learn more, call for your free case review with a team member today.