If you’ve been injured as a result of tailgating, you may qualify to collect compensation for your losses. Our accident lawyers at Loncar Lyons Jenkins have handled car accident cases involving tailgating in Irving, and we can help you build a claim or personal injury lawsuit to seek fair compensation.
At Loncar Lyons Jenkins, we work to ensure no family forgoes the representation they deserve because of finances. Your initial case review is free of charge, and all services moving forward are provided on a contingency-fee-basis. This means you pay us nothing until you win.
Compensation You May Be Able to Claim in Your Case
In Texas, tailgating qualifies as negligent and reckless driving. According to state legislation, if you’ve been injured in an accident resulting from another driver’s negligence or recklessness, you are legally entitled to hold them accountable for your losses. You may be able to collect compensation for:
- Medical expenses: Doctor visits, emergency room trips, ambulance transportation costs, medication costs, hospital stays, surgical procedures, rehabilitation services, and more
- Property damage: Repairing or replacing your vehicle, the contents within the vehicle, or any other personal property that’s been damaged as a result of the accident
- Pain and suffering: Mental anguish, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, loss of quality of life, disfigurement, and more
- Lost wages: Past, present, and future loss of income due to your injuries, any reduction in earning capacity resulting from the injury, and any missed career opportunities such as raises and promotions
- Wrongful death: Funeral and burial expenses, loss of companionship, loss of guardianship, and more
For a free legal consultation with a Tailgating Accidents lawyer serving Irving, call 877-239-4878
Partner with an Attorney to Ensure You Don’t Settle for Less Than You Deserve
According to Texas Transportation Code §545.062, drivers are required to “maintain a safe and clear distance” from the vehicles in front of them. The law advises drivers that this “safe and clear distance” varies depending on a number of factors that include weather, traffic, and road conditions. It does not, however, specify exactly how much space drivers must allow.
Therefore, determining fault is subjective, and insurance adjusters are given room to fight your claim. A tailgating accident lawyer from our firm will know how to ensure your case is strong and holds up in a court in Irving if need be.
Steps Our Attorney will Take to Fight for Your Compensation
- Communication: Initiate communication with the at-fault driver and their insurance company and handle all communication until a resolution is reached
- Documentation: Secure a police report from local law enforcement and insurance providers
- Evidence gathering: Gather evidence from the scene of the accident, witnesses, and field experts to build a case, such as:
- Photos of the scene of the accident
- Video footage from traffic cameras or surveillance cameras
- Eyewitness testimony
- Medical records
- Expert testimonies
- Claim filings: File all paperwork within the prescribed statute of limitations to ensure you don’t miss your window of opportunity
- Negotiation and litigation: Present your claim to the insurance adjusters and negotiate to ensure an agreement is reached that fully covers your expenses and pain and suffering
If an agreement cannot be reached through negotiation, an attorney from our firm will bring your case in front of a judge to litigate on your behalf.
Irving Tailgating Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Tailgating Accident Injuries That May Qualify You for Compensation
Tailgating is more than a nuisance; it can prove deadly. In fact, the Insurance Information Institute (III) cites tailgating as a leading contributing factor in over 2,000 fatal collisions in recent years. Understanding these risks, Texas has enacted laws mandating safe distances be kept between vehicles.
Tailgating refers to a failure to maintain a safe distance between you and the vehicles in front of you. Effectively doing so requires drivers to understand that every vehicle requires different stopping times and the impact weather and road conditions have on stopping patterns.
Failing to maintain a proper distance can result in everything from broken bones and lacerations to traumatic brain injuries and death. If you’ve been injured in a tailgating accident, the time to act is now. You do not have an unlimited amount of time to take legal action, so the sooner you begin, the better.
Critical Steps to Take Immediately After an Accident
- Seek medical attention immediately. Not only does your physical health take priority but these visits will also provide critical evidence as you proceed with your claim.
- Consider working with an attorney. Understand the risks of signing any documents or agreeing to proposed settlements without having an attorney review everything to ensure you’re being properly compensated. You may miss out on your chance to pursue fair compensation.
- Document the scene as best you can. Take photos and videos. Talk to witnesses. Record your own recollections of the events leading up to the collision. An attorney with our firm may use each of these pieces to build a comprehensive case.
Contact our Irving Tailgating Accident Attorneys today
Work with Our Attorneys Today on Your Case
Loncar Lyons Jenkins represents thousands of clients a year. In each case, our firm aims to secure fair compensation as quickly as possible. We’ve spent decades creating processes designed to expedite the process and allow us to quickly and effectively fight for the rights of you and your family.
Call in the Strong Arm today for a free case review. If you decide to move forward with your claim, you will be provided with 24/7 cell phone access to your attorney and pay nothing until you win.