Catastrophic injuries can occur from many circumstances and alter the course of your life forever. The person responsible for the accident should be held responsible. Retaining a Longview catastrophic injuries lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins to help can take the stress off your shoulders. We can manage your claim for you.
Why Choose Loncar Lyon Jenkins After a Catastrophic Injury?
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we handle every aspect of your case. We can investigate your case to determine the cause of the accident and who was at fault. Our attorneys will advocate for compensation during negotiations. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we are prepared to represent you in a trial in front of a jury.
Benefits of Choosing Our Firm
Our firm has been representing injured clients since 1988. Throughout that time, we have grown our offices into several locations. Although we are a large firm and serve many clients, each case gets the personal attention it deserves. Other benefits of choosing our firm include:
- We offer free consultations to potential clients. During the consultation, we will discuss the details of your case and explain your legal options.
- We are committed attorneys who will provide a Strong Arm to lean on throughout your case.
- If you cannot visit one of our offices because of your injuries, we can start your case virtually to discuss the details.
- We prepare all cases like they are going to trial. Insurance companies know we are willing to bring cases to trial. If we cannot agree on a settlement offer, we are already prepared to take your case to a trial.
- A member of our legal team is available 24/7 to take your call.
- We have Spanish-speaking team members.
After a catastrophic injury, you might be struggling financially if you have medical bills to pay or are out of work. That is why we offer our services on a contingency-fee basis. We do not charge for our legal services until you reach a successful outcome in your case.
For a free legal consultation with a Catastrophic Injuries lawyer serving Longview, call 877-239-4878
Possible Recoverable Damages in a Catastrophic Injury Case
Catastrophic injuries are often the result of someone else’s negligence. If you have sustained a catastrophic injury because of the actions of someone else, you could take legal action to recover compensation.
Our attorneys serving Longview will review the damages you incurred because of your catastrophic injury to determine your case value. Damages could include:
After a catastrophic injury, you may need extensive medical care to treat your injuries. While your insurance coverage might cover some of these costs, you could still be left with out-of-pocket costs. Medical care you may need after a catastrophic injury includes:
- Emergency medical care: Emergency medical treatment might be required to stabilize the injuries.
- Rehabilitative treatment: You might require physical therapy or occupational therapy services to assist with recovery. These treatments could last far into the future.
- Medical equipment: A catastrophic injury can lead to permanent disability or debilitating conditions. You might require a wheelchair or other assistive mobility devices.
- In-home care: If you cannot take care of your daily needs, you might require an in-home care provider to help you with day-to-day tasks.
- Ongoing medical care: After a catastrophic injury, you will most likely require frequent checkups with your doctor and medications.
- Future medical expenses: Your injury might require medical treatments long after your case is settled. Including projected future medical care costs in your claim ensures you will be compensated for all medical costs associated with your injuries.
Any income you lost while recovering from the accident can be included in your claim. A catastrophic injury might impact your ability to work (in the same capacity or at all). If you cannot return to work in the same capacity, you could recover compensation for current and future lost income.
If your property was damaged during the accident, you could recover compensation for those losses. This includes repairs or replacement to your vehicle, clothing, cell phone, or other property that was damaged.
Pain and Suffering
You could be entitled to pain and suffering damages if you experience serious pain and discomfort because of your injuries. This includes any pain, discomfort, anguish, or inconvenience you felt immediately after the accident and ongoing.
If you suffer from serious psychological impacts because of your injuries, you could include emotional distress damages to your claim. Negative psychological impacts could include:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Sleep issues
Loss of Enjoyment
If you are unable to enjoy sports, hobbies, or activities you enjoyed before your injuries, you could include loss of enjoyment damages to your claim.
Longview Catastrophic Injuries Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
About Catastrophic Injuries You Might Have Suffered Because of Negligence
A catastrophic injury permanently prevents someone from enjoying life as they did before the accident. They may result in long-term negative effects or permanent disability.
The types of injuries that would be considered catastrophic include:
- Spinal cord injuries: When the spinal cord is damaged, it can cause partial or total paralysis. The victim could lose mobility in the affected area.
- Traumatic brain injuries: Traumatic brain injuries are the result of a blow or jolt to the head. These injuries can cause a variety of conditions, such as memory loss, coma, cognitive issues, and permanent disability.
- Loss of a limb: An injury to a specific body part may be so severe it needs to be amputated before it negatively affects the rest of the body. The incident itself could also result in the loss of a body part.
- Severe burns: Several types of accidents can cause victims to sustain burn injuries. Burn injury victims may need long-term treatments.
Common Causes of Catastrophic Injuries Our Firm Sees in Texas
Catastrophic injuries can occur in a variety of ways. Common causes include:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Construction accidents
The catastrophic injuries lawyers at Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help you understand your legal rights after you sustained a severe injury in Longview.
Contact our Longview Catastrophic Injury Attorneys today
Call Our Firm Today for a Free Catastrophic Injury Case Consultation
If you or a loved one has been severely injured because of someone else’s negligence, we could help. You deserve to seek justice. We encourage you to contact our firm for a free consultation. During the consultation, we will address your situation and provide legal guidance.