Catastrophic injuries are severe, occur suddenly, and alter the course of your life forever. If you or your loved one suffered a catastrophic injury due to negligence, we can hold the person responsible for your accident financially accountable.
A Longview, TX, catastrophic injuries lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins can take the stress of recovering compensation for your medical damages, lost wages, and other accident-related expenses off your shoulders. We can manage your claim or help you take legal action with a personal injury lawsuit, leaving you free to focus on your health and recovery.
Why Choose Loncar Lyon Jenkins After a Catastrophic Injury?
Loncar Lyon Jenkins will handle every aspect of your catastrophic injury case. We can investigate your accident to determine the cause and identify who was at fault. Our attorneys will then draft and file your claims and advocate for compensation during insurance negotiations.
If we cannot secure a fair settlement from the involved insurers, we will prepare and file your lawsuit and represent you in a trial in front of a jury if necessary.
Benefits of Choosing Our Longview Catastrophic Injury Attorneys
Our firm has represented injured clients since 1988. Throughout that time, we have grown our law offices into several locations. Although we are a large firm and serve many clients, each case gets the personal attention it deserves. Other benefits of choosing our firm include:
- We offer free consultations to potential clients. During the consultation, we will discuss the details of your personal injury claim and explain your legal options.
- We are committed attorneys who will provide a Strong Arm to lean on throughout your case.
- If you cannot visit one of our offices because of your injuries, we can start your case virtually to discuss the details.
- We prepare all cases like they are going to trial. Insurance companies know we are willing to bring cases to trial. If we cannot agree on a settlement offer, we are already prepared to take your case to court.
- A member of our legal team is available 24/7 to take your call, answer your questions, and guide you through your next steps.
- We have Spanish-speaking team members.
After a catastrophic injury, you might be struggling financially if you have medical bills to pay or are out of work. That is why we offer our services on a contingency-fee-basis. We do not charge for our legal services until we reach a successful outcome in your case.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Possible Recoverable Damages in a Catastrophic Injury Case
Catastrophic injuries are often the result of someone else’s negligence. If you have sustained a catastrophic injury because of someone else’s actions, you can take legal action to recover compensation.
Our personal attorneys serving Longview will review the damages you incurred because of your catastrophic injury to determine your case value. Damages could include:
After a catastrophic injury, you may need extensive medical care to treat your injuries. While your insurance coverage might pay some of these costs, you could still have significant out-of-pocket expenses. Medical care you may need after a catastrophic injury includes:
- Emergency medical care: You may require emergency medical treatment to stabilize your injuries.
- Rehabilitative treatment: You might require physical therapy or occupational therapy services to assist with recovery. These treatments could last far into the future.
- Medical equipment: A catastrophic injury can lead to permanent disability or debilitating conditions. You might require a wheelchair or other assistive mobility devices.
- In-home care: If you cannot take care of your daily needs, you might require an in-home care provider to help you with day-to-day tasks.
- Ongoing medical care: After a catastrophic injury, you will most likely require frequent checkups with your doctor and medications.
- Future medical expenses: Your injury might require medical treatments long after we settle your case. Including projected future medical care costs in your claim ensures you receive compensation for all medical expenses associated with your injuries, including life care.
We can include any income you lost while recovering from your accident in your personal injury claim. In addition, a catastrophic injury might impact your ability to work (in the same capacity or at all). If you cannot return to work, must change careers, or reduce your workload, our lawyers can seek compensation for future lost income and loss of your earning capabilities.
If your property sustained damage during the accident, you can recover compensation for those losses. This includes repairs or replacement to your vehicle, clothing, cell phone, or other personal items.
Pain and Suffering
You could qualify for pain and suffering damages if you experience serious pain and discomfort because of your injuries. This includes any pain, discomfort, anguish, or inconvenience you felt immediately after the accident and ongoing.
If you have serious psychological conditions from an accident and catastrophic injury, we can include emotional distress damages in your claim. Negative psychological side effects could include:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Sleep issues
Loss of Enjoyment
If you are unable to enjoy sports, hobbies, or activities you enjoyed before your injuries, you could include loss of enjoyment damages to your claim.
Catastrophic injuries can be fatal. If your loved one died due to their injury, our Longview wrongful death lawyers can help qualifying survivors seek compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Lost income, support, and services
- Loss of the deceased’s care, companionship, comfort, and society
How Long Do You Have to Seek Catastrophic Injury Compensation in Texas?
According to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, you have two years to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit in Texas. The clock starts at the time of injury. If you do not pursue your case before the statute of limitations expires, the court will likely bar you from seeking damages. Letting the deadline pass will also reduce your negotiating power when pursuing an insurance claim.
Our Longview, TX, catastrophic injury lawyers can help you get started before it is too late.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
More About Catastrophic Injuries
A catastrophic injury permanently prevents someone from enjoying life as they did before the accident. They may result in long-term negative effects or permanent disability.
Examples of catastrophic injury include:
- Spinal cord injuries: According to the Mayo Clinic, when the spinal cord gets damaged, it can cause partial or total paralysis. The victim could lose mobility in the affected area.
- Traumatic brain injuries: Traumatic brain injuries are the result of a blow or jolt to the head. The Mayo Clinic states that these injuries can cause various conditions, such as memory loss, coma, cognitive issues, and permanent disability.
- Loss of a limb: An injury to a specific body part may be so severe it needs amputating before it negatively affects the rest of the body. The incident itself could also result in the loss of a body part.
- Severe burns: Several types of accidents can cause victims to sustain burn injuries. Burn injury victims may need long-term treatments.
Common Causes of Catastrophic Injuries Our Firm Sees in Texas
Catastrophic injuries can occur in a variety of ways. Common causes include:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Construction accidents
- Slip and falls and falls from heights
The catastrophic injury lawyers at Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help you understand your legal rights after you sustain a severe injury in Longview.
Call Our Firm Today for a Free Catastrophic Injury Case Consultation
If you or a loved one has been severely injured because of someone else’s negligence, we can help. You deserve to seek justice. We encourage you to contact Loncar Lyon Jenkins for a free consultation. During the consultation, we will address your situation, provide legal guidance, and help you connect with a Longview catastrophic injury lawyer near you.