Property owners in Texas have a legal duty to protect others on their land. If you or a loved one suffered harm on another person’s property in Longview, you could pursue a premises liability case against them to recover damages for the injuries and losses you suffered.
A Longview premises liability lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins can lead your case and seek recovery for you. We will review your circumstances today and take all necessary legal action for you. You can explore your next steps during a free consultation with a team member. We work on contingency, so we get paid only if we win your case.
What Qualifies as a Premises Liability Case in Longview?
Many types of incidents can lead to a premises liability case. A premises liability insurance claim or lawsuit may be appropriate if you suffered injuries:
- In another person’s home
- On a property you rent from someone else
- In a government building
- On private property the public uses, like a restaurant, store, public pool, or amusement park
- During the commission of a crime
If you suffered injuries on someone’s property other than your own, then a premises liability lawsuit may be necessary.
For a free legal consultation with a premises liability lawyer serving Longview, call 877-239-4878
Examples of How Longview Property Owners Can Be Negligent
Negligence is at the heart of most premises liability lawsuits. Someone is generally negligent if they:
- Have a duty of care, which requires “reasonable” behavior in a certain circumstance
- Violate their duty of care through unreasonable behavior
- Cause a harmful event because of their unreasonable behavior
- Cause the victim to suffer damages
There are many examples of negligence in premises liability cases. Some common examples include:
Those who own any property that’s open to the public must take security precautions. These establishments must generally:
- Install security cameras
- Adequately light all areas of the property
- Hire security if there is a high risk of physical altercations (as is the case in bars and nightclubs)
- Install adequate locks, window bars, protective barriers, and other protective measures
If a crime occurs and you suffer injuries, it’s fair to ask: did the property owner take adequate measures to protect me?
Slip and fall injuries can cause lifelong health problems. Property owners who fail to remove or notify visitors of slipping hazards can be legally responsible. Such hazards include:
- Spilled liquids
- Loose carpet or tile
- Angled walkways
- Freshly waxed floors
Property owners can also reduce the risk of falls by installing handrails, ensuring that flooring and stairs are in good condition, and actively monitoring the premises for hazards.
Failure to Warn Invitees of Hazards
If there is a foreseeable hazard on a property, owners should warn invitees. One example is a homeowner who invites others on the premises knowing that they have a dangerous dog. The dog owner should warn invitees of the dog, allowing the invitee to assess their own risk.
If they don’t issue sufficient warnings, then a property owner can be responsible for their failure to warn.
A premises liability lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins will assess your case in Longview. We will determine who is liable for your losses.
Longview Premises Liability Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Premises Liability Cases Can Be Tricky—Let Us Handle the Legal Fight
Premises liability cases may involve complicated legal concepts. Your status as an invitee is one concern in this case type. For someone who is not a lawyer, navigating these legal principles can be difficult.
Legal challenges aside, you may want to hire our firm because:
- You are recovering from an injury.
- You have limited time to dedicate to your case.
- You’ve recently lost a loved one.
- You want to work with a law firm that has experience in premises liability cases.
Our attorneys have the legal training and willpower to handle your case from start to finish. We will have one goal as your lawyers: to win the compensation you deserve.
Why Choose Loncar Lyon Jenkins for Your Case in Longview?
When you call in our attorney team to lead your premises liability case, you receive our firm’s full support. Our team will:
- Pay all case-related costs
- Provide regular case updates
- Hire experts who can support your case for awards
- Protect your rights
We don’t play games when it comes to our clients’ cases. In settlement negotiations and everything else that we do, our team will fight for you.
Services We Provide for Premises Liability Clients
Your Longview premises liability lawsuit or insurance claim will be our responsibility. This means that we handle every single step of the process, including:
- Identifying liable parties
- Calculating your damages
- Planning a case strategy, including whether to pursue an insurance claim or lawsuit
- Collecting evidence
- Documenting your damages
- Negotiating your settlement
- Representing you at trial (although a trial is not always necessary)
You will be our partner in the legal process. We will consult you on major case decisions and inform you if circumstances change. Rest assured, though, that we will ensure your case reaches a conclusion.
Contact our Longview Premises Liability Attorneys today
What Are Recoverable Damages in a Longview Premises Liability Case?
Damages in a premises liability case can vary greatly—injuries may be relatively minor in one case but catastrophic or even fatal in another. Our team will investigate your case, creating a complete record of your losses.
Some losses you may suffer in a Longview premises liability accident are:
- Pain and suffering: This category of damages includes physical pain, emotional anguish, lost sleep, lost quality of life, and other forms of suffering. If you need treatment for your pain and suffering, we will seek financial coverage for counseling, medications, and other necessary measures.
- Professional harm: If you lose any income, earning power, bonuses, benefits, productivity, or other professional benefits, we will seek appropriate coverage.
- Healthcare costs: You should not have to pay for the cost of treating your injuries, which may be substantial. Liable parties should cover these expenses and the cost of rehabilitation.
You may have additional losses. Every client we represent suffers in unique ways. Our team will speak with you, work with your doctors, and create a thorough record of your damages.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today to Discuss Your Longview Premises Liability Case
Don’t risk further injury or mental hardship by handling a premises liability case alone. Our firm is ready and eager to fight for you. A Longview premises liability lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins will work for the recovery you deserve.
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today to complete a free, no-obligation consultation.