Operating a boat is just as big a responsibility as driving a car or other motor vehicle. If someone else caused a boating accident through negligence or recklessness, our personal injury lawyer serving Lubbock, Texas, can help you pursue a legal case against them.
By letting our Lubbock boating accident lawyer handle your case, you can focus on your physical and mental recovery while Loncar Lyon Jenkins fights for the monetary damages you deserve.
How Our Attorneys Handle Lubbock Boating Accident Cases
Loncar Lyon Jenkins wants to help you secure the compensation you need by filing a claim against the party responsible for your losses. We can help you whether you have suffered a personal injury or a wrongful death.
As part of our services, we would be happy to:
- Build your case file: Using materials from your medical records, the liable party, your doctors, and the Coast Guard or local law enforcement, we can determine responsibility for your accident and prove you deserve compensation from the at-fault party.
- Calculate your case’s worth: How much money will you need to cover all your injuries? Our legal team will examine the evidence and develop a figure that accurately reflects all past, present, and projected future losses.
- Negotiate for a fair settlement: If the insurer is open to negotiating in good faith, our boating accident attorney will sit down with them to work out a settlement. However, we are fearless in fighting hard and pushing back against any attempt at undermining your case.
- Go to court: Your case could go to trial. So, rest assured that we will be ready for that possibility. Our firm can speak for you in court by presenting evidence and questioning witnesses.
We Make It Easy to Pursue Your Claim
We do everything possible to make the legal process accessible and straightforward for our clients. In addition to confronting the insurance company on your behalf, we will put you at ease by:
- Beginning your case virtually if you cannot come to our office.
- Assessing your case’s viability over the phone at no cost or obligation to you.
- Charging no attorney’s fees unless we recover money for you.
- Keeping you updated as your case proceeds.
- Answering every question about your case, our strategy, and the legal system.
Our law firm is committed to helping people like you identify reckless parties and hold those parties accountable for their actions.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Our Lawyer Can Fight for Boating Accident Damages
The Texas Parks & Wildlife Department (TPWD) reports that in 2019, over 600 people died in boating accidents statewide, and over 2,500 sustained injuries. However, boating accident survivors—and their loved ones—can pursue damages for the trauma and destruction caused by the crash.
Our Lubbock boating accident lawyer will investigate your case and determine how much you deserve based on these losses.
According to the TPWD, Texas boating accidents cost approximately $55 million in property damage in 2019. So, if you lost your boat or other valuable property in the crash, you could ask the liable party to reimburse you for repair or replacement costs.
Boating accidents can cause severe, life-threatening injuries that require expensive treatments, such as the following:
- Physical therapy
- Psychiatric care
- Home nursing
You should not worry about paying for these treatments out of pocket or whether your health insurance will cover everything. Instead, we can ask the liable party’s insurer to cover all your medical expenses.
Have you missed significant time from work recuperating from your injuries? If so, we can demand compensation for lost wages, bonuses, benefits, and other professional damages you’ve sustained.
The mental injuries suffered in a boat accident can upend your life even more than the monetary expenses. Unfortunately, this is especially true if your loved one suffered fatal injuries that took them from you far too soon.
Our boating accident attorneys can seek compensation based on the following:
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium
We can also ask for loss of companionship and other damages in wrongful death cases.
Fighting Back Against Negligence-Related Boating Accidents in Lubbock
Boating collisions are too often the result of carelessness. Per the TPWD, the top causes of boating accidents in Texas include the following:
- Lack of attention: When boat operators fail to look where they are going, they can easily hit other boats, swimmers, or objects in the water (e.g., buoys).
- Lack of experience: Safely operating a boat requires proper training and experience. Inexperienced boaters could make basic mistakes or panic when faced with danger.
- Speeding: There is no specific speed limit for boats as there is for cars on a public road. Instead, Texas Parks and Wildlife Code § 31.095 requires boat operators to maintain a speed that “is reasonable and prudent,” because going too fast increases the risk of collisions.
- Alcohol: Alcohol and other intoxicants affect an operator’s ability to notice and react to dangers appropriately.
One way to make Lubbock safer for all boaters is by taking decisive legal action against any boater who fails to follow standard safety rules. Loncar Lyon Jenkins is available to help people like you do just that.
Lubbock Boating Accidents and the Statute of Limitations
Whether you file a personal injury or wrongful death case, you must start within two years of the accident date, according to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003. Failing to do so could mean:
- The court will reject your case.
- You will be unable to collect compensation through the courts.
- You might be unable to hold the liable party responsible for their actions.
Loncar Lyon Jenkins will work swiftly to file your case before the deadline—but only if you get in touch with us in time for us to take legal action.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Our Boat Accident Lawyers Serve Lubbock
A Lubbock boating accident lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help you confront the liable party’s insurer and pursue every penny you deserve to make your family’s finances whole again.
Contact our office today for a free case review and learn more about the merits of your case. You only pay attorney’s fees if we secure compensation for you.