A vehicle with a defect originating from its design or manufacture could be a ticking time bomb, with occupants who ride in or drive the vehicle being the possible victims of a potential accident. If you or a loved one proves to be harmed by a defective vehicle, then you may have grounds to bring a lawsuit against the parties responsible for the vehicle’s flaw or flaws.
A Lubbock accident caused by defective design or manufacture of vehicles or vehicle components lawyer could be a resource for you as you determine how to best seek compensation for your losses. Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 877-239-4878 for a free consultation.
Motor Vehicle Defects Are a Serious Matter
Anybody who has driven or been a passenger in a vehicle traveling down the highway may have thought to themselves: “I sure hope this vehicle is assembled properly.” It is a frightening prospect to think that your motor vehicle is unsafe in any way, but this prospect could be a reality if your vehicle or certain parts within your vehicle are defective in any way.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) notes that, since the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act came into effect in 1966:
- More than 390 million motor vehicles have been recalled because of safety issues
- 66 million motor vehicle components have been recalled because of safety defects
- 46 million tires have been recalled
These statistics indicate that manufacturers and assemblers cannot be completely trusted to ensure that a vehicle is safe for the road. There may be several reasons why a vehicle is unsafe, whether due to its overall design, its assembly, or specific defective parts. These reasons could include:
- Components of the vehicle were made in a cost-conscious manner, which compromised safety
- The vehicle was designed in a way that presents danger to those who occupy it
- Manufacturers or assemblers were genuinely ignorant of flaws in the vehicle or in specific components
USA.gov notes that you may be able to file a complaint about a vehicle that you believe is unsafe for any reason, but the damage may have already been done if you or a loved one has been injured because of a defective vehicle or component.
Defective Car Parts or Vehicles Could Prove Deadly
Certain defects in a vehicle may be more consequential than others, as a poorly functioning air conditioning component may be much less potentially damaging than defective brakes, as one example.
Consumer Reports notes that a recent recall of Takata airbags impacted 19 different automakers, and that the design of the airbag could result in the device propelling metal shards throughout a vehicle, potentially claiming lives rather than saving them. Along with airbags, defective vehicle parts or accessories that could be highly damaging include:
- Windshield wipers
- Steering wheel
- Ignition devices
- Child safety seats
- Car jacks for changing a tire and other purposes
- Engine cooling blades
There may be a long list of car components whose failure could be catastrophic under certain circumstances. Some of the dangers of a failed car component may include:
- Your car slowing or stopping in the middle of a road, which may be especially dangerous on highways and other high-speed roadways
- Safety equipment failing to deploy or making an accident worse
- An explosion
- A fire
- Your car failing to brake, causing a collision that may have otherwise been avoidable
- Your car’s steering being impeded, which may prevent you from avoiding collision
If your or your loved one is the victim of a dangerous vehicle component or a vehicle that was structurally unsound for any reason, then a Lubbock accident caused by defective design or manufacture of vehicles or vehicle components lawyer may seek fair compensation on your behalf.
Call in the Strong Arm by calling Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 877-239-4878 for a free consultation about your accident.
For a free legal consultation with a Defective Design or Manufacture of Vehicles or Vehicle Components Accidents lawyer serving Lubbock, call 877-239-4878
A Manufacturer Could Be Responsible for Your Accident
If a defect played a role in your motor vehicle accident, then:
- A vehicle manufacturer may be responsible for your losses
- A vehicle assembler may be responsible for your losses
- The manufacturer of a specific vehicle component could be responsible for your losses
It is possible that some combination of these groups may be responsible for the losses that have come because of your accident. If the effects of your accident were made worse by a defective component but were not the cause of your accident, then another motorist could also be responsible for paying you compensation.
A lawyer will help you determine liability and then proceed in seeking compensation for your losses.
How a Lawyer May Carry Out Your Case
A lawyer may:
- Help you seek compensation through insurance
- Advise you on the fairness of any insurance compensation offers
- Help you initiate and complete a lawsuit if necessary
If and when you begin your lawsuit, then your lawyer may:
- Speak with witnesses and gather all the facts of your accident
- Collect and organize evidence to support your case
- Hire expert witnesses to testify on your behalf
- Handle all legal paperwork
- Complete a settlement or take your case to trial
- Protect your rights
Your lawyer will aim to obtain any compensation that you should be entitled to because another party—whether a vehicle manufacturer, parts manufacturer, or otherwise—acted in a way that caused your accident, or exacerbated the negative outcomes of your accident.
Lubbock Defective Design or Manufacture of Vehicles or Vehicle Components Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today
Speaking with the team for a Lubbock accident caused by defective design or manufacture of vehicles or vehicle components lawyer may give you a clearer idea of how they may assist you or your loved one. Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 877-239-4878 for a free consultation.
Call or text 877-239-4878 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form